Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Do many of ye sign up for the FantasyFootballScout membership?

Is it worth it?

Yes and yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Do many of ye sign up for the FantasyFootballScout membership?

Is it worth it?

I've signed up every year definitely worth it. If you like your stats you'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Just signed up, any pointers to really useful tools would be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Andre gray on the way to watford seems a strange one,any1 with any news on PVA or if he is getting a look in with Deboer,sh1te defender but if playing high cud be good

Hmm. Walters now nailed as an OOP striker....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

FHFC wrote:
    Hmm. Walters now nailed as an OOP striker....

That's what I'm hoping too,Vokes and Robson K are SFA additions as strikers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

wardides wrote: »

The 2 things I use most are
    The more detailed season ticker- it's colour coded for fixture difficulty
    You can set how many gameweeks you want to view and organize by overall, attacking or defensive
    I find it very useful for looking at rotations

Rate my team - when the game goes live you just pop in your team id and then add/remove players to see effect on projected score. It also suggest who to bench and captain . For preseason you have to use the build my team which is a bit more labourious and is best done on a laptop or PC

The 6 week projections are a good guide to who will score well too. Rate my team is built in this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

wardides wrote: »

The comparison tool is very handy you compare different players or the same player over different weeks/years etc. There are quite a lot of really good public stats tables people have made. Goals imminent is one worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just a reminder to those who wish to join the Boards FSA Free League, the code for it is 116416-440564

There's a sticky at the top of the forum but at the moment the league has only 68 entrants so hopefully lots more people join over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Is this a sensible risk or have I gone mad

Kane to Jesus
    Willan to Pedro
    JWP to Redmond or Tadic

What do you think ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

bodking wrote: »
    Is this a sensible risk or have I gone mad

Kane to Jesus
    Willan to Pedro
    JWP to Redmond or Tadic

What do you think ?

sounds sensible to me i think the latter 3 will outscore the former 3, though obviously you lose out on the captainability of Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have not logged into site yet....when's deadline for GW1.... thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

18:45 Friday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Have not logged into site yet....when's deadline for GW1.... thanks.

Not sure if serious but Friday the 11th 6.45pm

Now back to me,Jesus or Aguero?Currently Aguero.
    Is Mee certain to start,any 4.0mil defenders certain of a start need for bench fodder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Is Mee certain to start,any 4.0mil defenders certain of a start need for bench fodder

Jesus, yes, no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Neither, too expensive for rotation risk

Yes

None that I know of

Gabbi + KDB or Jesus + Tadic. Just realised the same price hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Anyone considering arsenal players with the likelihood if they performed it would be some likely price rises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Anyone considering arsenal players with the likelihood if they performed it would be some likely price rises.

Definite value in Kolasinac considering he looked like a beast last weekend, and scored. Holding is £5.0 and should start for a decent while too.

Other than that, considering Ozil and Sanchez are injured, the only one I'd be interested in is Xhaka - MOTM last weekend, looks like he will pick up a few assists, could get BPs too. Obviously discipline is an issue but at £5.5 he is Arsenal coverage at a cheap price and a guaranteed starter, who is at the heart of everything for Arsenal and makes them tick.

Other value option Iwobi will probably be out of the team soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm considering Vardy for this very reason.
    People see him score at Arsenal and then see he has Brighton at home next, price could skyrocket.

He probably won't be in my final draft though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

spock. wrote: »
    I'm considering Vardy for this very reason.
    People see him score at Arsenal and then see he has Brighton at home next, price could skyrocket.

He probably won't be in my final draft though.

vardy, bellerin, iwobi, lacazette all in my thoughts. There will a raft of transfers friday night all involving arsenal and leicester players either in or out. I also wouldnt mind vardy as a gw 2 captain option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anyone manage to get Kane, Lukaku and Lacazette in their team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get Kane, Lukaku and Lacazette in their team?

Foster
    Stephens Dann Francis
    KDB Fabregas Zaha JWP
    Kane Lukaku Lacazette

Myhill Mee Long Carroll

Not bad, defence a bit ropey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Foster Stephens Dann Francis

KDB Fabregas Zaha JWP

Kane Lukaku Lacazette
    Myhill Mee Long Carroll
    Not bad, defence a bit ropey though.

I like it, gonna go with something similar but strongly considering Aguero for Kane but leaving the 1m itb in case Kane starts strong and/or Pep acts the maggot with Aguero again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I like it, gonna go with something similar but strongly considering Aguero for Kane but leaving the 1m itb in case Kane starts strong and/or Pep acts the maggot with Aguero again.

I hadn't been seriously considering a big front 3 but I might now. Ran that team through the rmt on ffs and it scored 5 points higher than the more balanced one I posted in the other thread. Not a huge difference but interesting all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Probably been discussed before but any opinions on Salah over Mane? Have gone with Mane, anyone going to convince me to free up 0.5?

PARlance wrote: »
    Probably been discussed before but any opinions on Salah over Mane? Have gone with Mane, anyone going to convince me to free up 0.5?

Mane is the only pool mid I'd consider

Mané is a proven fpl player and is probably the more sensible pick for 0.5 more. Salah has looked lively in pre-season though and on the back of two good seasons in Italy. The 0.5 is the deal breaker for alot

The maagers thst bought Coutinho will now simply put in Salah instead.

That's annoying because it makes it a 50-50 with Mane now. So if Salah scores big it will hurt more as a Mane owner.

Timothy #FosuMensah has been spotted training with #CrystalPalace ahead of his proposed loan move from #ManUtd (Credit: @FourFourJordan) https://t.co/zRn8iaFeUM

Ok ...............this pleases me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

PARlance wrote:

I'm going with both.

Advertisement