Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I prefer defoe for the first two games

Defoe hasn't played much in pre-season, wouldn't be surprised to see Afobe start ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,886 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

alexx123 wrote: »
    Is Darmian likely to start?

Not certain if united play three at the back Jones and Bailly are likely to play in a back three (since they were suspended for the Super Cup and had good pre seasons.
    The other spot will be between Darmien/Blind/Lindelof

If united play four at the back Darmien has more of a chance as it is a straight fight between himself and blind

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Considering Firmino for the first time now. Good discussion about him on yesterday's scoutcast.

Is the 'scoutcast' the one on FFS ?

If so it's not showing up in my feed yet on pocketcasts.

Where did you listen to it ?

Defoe hasn't played much in pre-season, wouldn't be surprised to see Afobe start ahead of him.

Yeah good point he is not getting any younger not likely to be rushed in.

http://https://www.clubcall.com/bournemouth/cherries-boss-upbeat-over-defoe-fitness-1858981.html

It just says defoe should be fit to face west brom that does not mean he will start I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Not certain if united play three at the back Jones and Bailly are likely to play in a back three (since they were suspended for the Super Cup and had good pre seasons.
    The other spot will be between Darmien/Blind/Lindelof

If united play four at the back Darmien has more of a chance as it is a straight fight between himself and blind

They will not be playing 3 at the back, and Darmian is 100 percent first choice over Blind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is the 'scoutcast' the one on FFS ?

If so it's not showing up in my feed yet on pocketcasts.

Where did you listen to it ?

Ya it's on YouTube

https://youtu.be/T3mHwK50swk

Mokuba wrote: »
    They will not be playing 3 at the back, and Darmian is 100 percent first choice over Blind.

Are you sure they tried three at the back a number of times this year already

http://www.squawka.com/news/jose-mourinho-says-man-utd-could-turn-to-back-three-formation-this-season/978617#xareupTPru21A5iO.97

The logic is that Pogba is more suited to a 3-5-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDj-JZOap0I

Thanks for that.

Hate using YouTube though.

Why don't they update it on the iTunes I wonder.

Any good websites for predicted line ups ?

The rotowire one is awful.

Any good websites for predicted line ups ?

The rotowire one is awful.

https://www.fantasyfootballpundit.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

424782.png

If there are no servers to handle it, how am I supposed to deal with it :D

Welcome back everyone, the madness starts soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I'm looking for the best 4.5 midfielders... because I have a strong back 3 and front 3, I need to utilise 2 x 4.5 million mids... They will mostly fill my bench and occasionally one will get the nod but I always want 15 players who are playing each week to allow for last minute injuries or players rested etc.. so I'm looking for players who play and pop up for odd goal or assist.

I have Loftus-Cheek locked in for one spot.. I think he will do well this season.

The options for the other spot look to be:

Barry 2 goals 1 assist in 2109 minutes. Is he still nailed on or is he down pecking order?

Carroll mainly because of the love for him on here. Is it justified?? 1389 mins last year with 1 goal and 2 assists.

McArthur I really like the look of him and his goals/assists stats are solid the last 4 years. Last year weighed in with 3 goals and 3 assists in 1999 mins.

Carrick, Delph and Ormeau some other notable mentions, but limited game time and defensive...

I'm leaning towards Barry or McArthur but the latter would mean 3 x Palace players as I have Benteke also... don't want 3 pa lace players, not even sure I want 2!!

Any advice or comments appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I'm looking for the best 4.5 midfielders... because I have a strong back 3 and front 3, I need to utilise 2 x 4.5 million mids... They will mostly fill my bench and occasionally one will get the nod but I always want 15 players who are playing each week to allow for last minute injuries or players rested etc.. so I'm looking for players who play and pop up for odd goal or assist.

I have Loftus-Cheek locked in for one spot.. I think he will do well this season.

The options for the other spot look to be:

Barry 2 goals 1 assist in 2109 minutes. Is he still nailed on or is he down pecking order?

Carroll mainly because of the love for him on here. Is it justified?? 1389 mins last year with 1 goal and 2 assists.

McArthur I really like the look of him and his goals/assists stats are solid the last 4 years. Last year weighed in with 3 goals and 3 assists in 1999 mins.

Carrick, Delph and Ormeau some other notable mentions, but limited game time and defensive...

I'm leaning towards Barry or McArthur but the latter would mean 3 x Palace players as I have Benteke also... don't want 3 pa lace players, not even sure I want 2!!

Any advice or comments appreciated.

Barry and Romeu are magnets for yellow cards.

1 points guaranteed most of the time from bench.

I hope you are not planning to play them regularly - they are poison from fpl perspective.

wonski wrote: »
    Barry and Romeu are magnets for yellow cards.

1 points guaranteed most of the time from bench.

I hope you are not planning to play them regularly - they are poison from fpl perspective.

No they will sit on the bench primarily... I'm very happy with my starting 11 and just need 2 midfielders to join Mee and Elliot on the bench. I just want the 2 x 4.5 mids to be regular starters and occasional goal/assist threats.. tricky to find at 4.5.. I think the 2 palace guys I mentioned are best but having 3 palace players would be nuts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No they will sit on the bench primarily... I'm very happy with my starting 11 and just need 2 midfielders to join Mee and Elliot on the bench. I just want the 2 x 4.5 mids to be regular starters and occasional goal/assist threats.. tricky to find at 4.5.. I think the 2 palace guys I mentioned are best but having 3 palace players would be nuts!!

I'd advise Carroll and Cork

manual_man wrote: »
    I'd advise Carroll and Cork

Thanks. Is Cork attack minded and nailed on to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Thanks. Is Cork attack minded and nailed on to start?

Pretty nailed to start. Moreso than RLC I'd say. Though not so attack minded

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Cork will start every game and get the occasional assist. He is a very good 4.5 pick .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Danny rose has given an incredible interview where he says " I hear Mourinho may want one or 2 more players . I want to play up north"
    Hello Ben Davies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Chalobah is another good 4.5 option.
    Seems nailed on and scored 5 goals in 38 games last time he was at Watford.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote:
    Danny rose has given an incredible interview where he says " I hear Mourinho may want one or 2 more players . I want to play up north"
    Hello Ben Davies

This makes me worry they'll sign a new left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

If you were generally happy with your team but your last decision was Aguero + 4.5 defenders x2 or Jesus and 5.0 defenders x2, what way would you be leaning?

Defense is already on the pound shop side, with two 4.5s and a 4.0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

spock. wrote: »
    Chalobah is another good 4.5 option.
    Seems nailed on and scored 5 goals in 38 games last time he was at Watford.

Agree with this shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

spock. wrote: »
    This makes me worry they'll sign a new left back.

They will sign nobody who willgo straight into first team !

Where can I see that interview ?

Sounds funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexx123

as a newbie, can some advise re H2H League, do you know who you are paired up with before the start of each game week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

as a newbie, can some advise re H2H League, do you know who you are paired up with before the start of each game week?

Yes. You can see all the fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If you were generally happy with your team but your last decision was Aguero + 4.5 defenders x2 or Jesus and 5.0 defenders x2, what way would you be leaning?

Defense is already on the pound shop side, with two 4.5s and a 4.0.

I'm in a similar situation, are people abandoning Aguero this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexx123

elefant wrote: »
    Yes. You can see all the fixtures.

should I be able to see them now, or after week 1 goes in running?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

should I be able to see them now, or after week 1 goes in running?

I guess once week 1 starts, as teams can still join leagues at this stage.

Advertisement