Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone know the latest on Cedric, is he likely to start at weekend?

km79 wrote: »

Fair play for being honest.

He's right about salary too. Why should he accept being paid 65k when he know he can maybe double it.

It's mad that Kane and Alli are happy with their salary too. They are losing out on about 100k a week, each, to play for Spurs.

Levy is the one making the money and they are obviously happy with that for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fair play for being honest.

He's right about salary too. Why should he accept being paid 65k when he know he can maybe double it.

It's mad that Kane and Alli are happy with their salary too. They are losing out on about 100k a week, each, to play for Spurs.

Levy is the one making the money and they are obviously happy with that for some reason.

They won't be if they don't win a trophy this year imo
    Poch either
    Levy has too much control

Fans can be snobby about certain trophies top players need to be winning something !

Anyway I've Ben Davies in my team now but I'm wary about a number of factors with spurs defence so he may not stay !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Cork will start every game and get the occasional assist. He is a very good 4.5 pick .

Thanks... hadn't considered Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

spock. wrote: »
    Chalobah is another good 4.5 option.
    Seems nailed on and scored 5 goals in 38 games last time he was at Watford.

He also slipped through my radar. Do you think he's a guaranteed starter? If so I think I may choose him.. thanks

Why has arsenal everton been removed from gameweek 9 on the site?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Why has arsenal everton been removed from gameweek 9 on the site?

Europa league commitments.

https://www.arsenal.com/fixtures

F1ngers wrote: »
    Europa league commitments.

https://www.arsenal.com/fixtures

Just play it on the Sunday like every other team did and they will do for the rest ?
    That's strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Just play it on the Sunday like every other team did and they will do for the rest ?
    That's strange

It will be, they just haven't announced the TV games for that weekend yet, which will impact the kick off time.

• Advertisement

Benimar wrote: »
    It will be, they just haven't announced the TV games for that weekend yet, which will impact the kick off time.

I understand that but why haven't the Europa games before that been removed
    They all just say time tbc on Arsenal site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pretty much set on my team now. Defense is the only thing that's annoying me a little.

What do you think?:

A) Bailly + Cedric + BRI/NEW/BUR rotation

B) Jones + Cedric + Davies

I'm leaning towards A as Spurs have an average start fixture wise, will likely have a makeshift right back for at least a week possibly more, and it gives me guaranteed United defensive coverage.

With A, I won't be sweating on United's line-up and after GW1 (an almost certain 1-2 pointer for a Newcastle defender against TOT) the rotation gives me WBA, WHU, CPL or WBA, STO and HUD or NEW.

B would also give me an extra £0.5m to strengthen the overall depth of the squad but it's not enough to turn any of my selections into one from the next tier up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I just subscribed to Fantasy Football Scout and was having a look around, they mentioned a members league with the code on the members dashboard - I cannot see it.
    Where should I be looking?

EDIT:
    Code to their open league is invalid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Yep Kane would easily get 250k at Man Utd or City. That's 150k more than what's he on per week at Spurs or £8m a year. So Kane is forfeiting about £32m over length of his contract to be at Spurs.

Funnily enough I think in terms of happiness Kane will probably enjoy his career and rest of his life more if he stays at Spurs but must be hard to ignore those type of figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anybody with Anthony Knockaert take note, Brighton just smashed their transfer record on winger Izquierdo. Knockaert already wasn't nailed on but he's under big pressure now imo.

Yep Kane would easily get 250k at Man Utd or City. That's 150k more than what's he on per week at Spurs or £8m a year. So Kane is forfeiting about £32m over length of his contract to be at Spurs.

Funnily enough I think in terms of happiness Kane will probably enjoy his career and rest of his life more if he stays at Spurs but must be hard to ignore those type of figures.

He won't win anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,887 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Paully D wrote: »
    Pretty much set on my team now. Defense is the only thing that's annoying me a little.

What do you think?:

A) Bailly + Cedric + BRI/NEW/BUR rotation

B) Jones + Cedric + Davies

I'm leaning towards A as Spurs have an average start fixture wise, will likely have a makeshift right back for at least a week possibly more, and it gives me guaranteed United defensive coverage.

With A, I won't be sweating on United's line-up and after GW1 (an almost certain 1-2 pointer for a Newcastle defender against TOT) the rotation gives me WBA, WHU, CPL or WBA, STO and HUD or NEW.

B would also give me an extra £0.5m to strengthen the overall depth of the squad but it's not enough to turn any of my selections into one from the next tier up.

Cedirc is a doubt for gw1 one pied likely to take his place

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I understand that but why haven't the Europa games before that been removed
    They all just say time tbc on Arsenal site

Because the earlier games are on weekends where the tv times have already been announced, so that have been able to set a kick off time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I see half the world this year picking KDB, I know he's nailed on but are we not worried that he will play very deep like often last year? I could see him assisting the assist a lot to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

None of the leagues I was in from last season are appearing for me, I'm using the same account so I'm not sure what's going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Cedric started the last friendly so I wouldn't be so sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I see half the world this year picking KDB, I know he's nailed on but are we not worried that he will play very deep like often last year? I could see him assisting the assist a lot to be honest

Uncertainty over Sanchez future, Hazard injured -if you want a proper premium midfielder he is the man.

I don't have Aguero or Jesus. Was considering Salah, might change back to him and spend elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If you were generally happy with your team but your last decision was Aguero + 4.5 defenders x2 or Jesus and 5.0 defenders x2, what way would you be leaning?

Defense is already on the pound shop side, with two 4.5s and a 4.0.

Definitely Jesus and 5.0 x 2

siblers wrote: »
    Have people been able to renew their leagues? The button is greyed out for me so I'm not able to do it, any other season they were automatically renewed

I renewed two without problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

wonski wrote: »
    I renewed two without problems.

I confused myself (didn't realise that was for administrators), the leagues I had joined last season aren't appearing for me, no idea why.

siblers wrote: »
    I confused myself (didn't realise that was for administrators), the leagues I had joined last season aren't appearing for me, no idea why.

Maybe they were not renewed by administrators yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

ScummyMan wrote: »

Assisting the assist? He got 21 assists last year.

wong wrote: »

I really wish Austin was fit and nailed on
    I'd rather have kdb and Austin than Ritchie and Jesus

I could yet revert to kdb and Mounie and wait for Austin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd be very confident that he will start unless I've missed something earlier? He started and played 65 minutes in their friendly win against Seville at the weekend which looked all but certain to be a dress rehearsal for the opener.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,887 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Originally Posted by ScummyMan
    wong wrote: »

Just because KDB looks like Prince Harry it does not mean he won't do well.

He is likely to play a more advanced role this season in the 3-5-2

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2017/08/03/attack-minded-de-bruyne-looks-essential/

KDB could be king of the midfielders this year.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement