Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Paully D wrote: »
    I'd be very confident that he will start unless I've missed something earlier? He started and played 65 minutes in their friendly win against Seville at the weekend which looked all but certain to be a dress rehearsal for the opener.

It could be Pelligrino wanting him to get some match sharpness but Pied may be preferred as he's had a full pre-season and did really well by all accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

The problem I have is trying to decide between KDB and Kane or Alli and Aguero.
    The extra 1m allows me to get Firmino as a third striker if I go with the latter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Is there any 4.5 mids that will start and are a half decent prospect for points?

I see Oriol Romeu started for Southampton but is he very defensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Is there any 4.5 mids that will start and are a half decent prospect for points?

Defensive, and a card magnet so more often than not it'll be 1pt coming off your bench rather than 2. Tom Carroll is a popular choice around here, seems pretty nailed on. Loftus-Cheek is another, though with his high ownership (I think?) I'm avoiding until I see how he starts life at Palace. Another option is Chalobah, who's gone to Watford from Chelsea after a previous successful loan spell. He's defensive too but did get some goals to his name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

eoghan104 wrote: »

Yep, Romeu is a terrible fantasy asset.

Tom Carroll (Southampton) Loftus-Cheek (Palace) Rouge Mesa (Swansea) are all great options.

The news that Siggy won't be in the squad this weekend makes Carroll the standout choice now.

I'll be keeping my eye on Aarons (4.5) Newcastle. Seems to be always injured, but came through preseason this year in one piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

I see a lot of people with Chelsea defenders. Will they not be a bit open now with Matic gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

How do I check the standings from the past few years of some leagues I'm in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Antibac wrote: »
    I see a lot of people with Chelsea defenders. Will they not be a bit open now with Matic gone?

I'm thinking the same thing. They've been pretty poor in preseason too.
    I'm happy to go without any Chelsea for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Wamble wrote: »
    Yep, Romeu is a terrible fantasy asset.

Tom Carroll (Southampton) Loftus-Cheek (Palace) Rouge Mesa (Swansea) are all great options.

The news that Siggy won't be in the squad this weekend makes Carroll the standout choice now.

I'll be keeping my eye on Aarons (4.5) Newcastle. Seems to be always injured, but came through preseason this year in one piece.
    In the 30 mins since I posted that I have tinkered so much with me team I now have no 4.5 mids! I just wish the deadline would pass!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Over 3M entries now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Willian or Zaha?

Paully D wrote: »
    Willian or Zaha?

Zaha. He's central to everything Palace do whereas Willian is a smaller fish in a much larger pond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Zaha. He's central to everything Palace do whereas Willian is a smaller fish in a much larger pond.

A much larger pond where there will be lots more goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Paully D wrote:
    Willian or Zaha?

Neither

Raoul wrote: »
    A much larger pond where there will be lots more goals.

Yeah but they will be shared around more. Zaha I think will have a better chance of being more involved in his side's goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Is there a fantasy football app at all?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi guys, spent a lot of the morning working on the team and my question is related to Newcastle.

I currently have Matt Richie as my fourth mid - 12 goals and 7 assists last year and he dominates all set pieces. Currently 6.0.

However, I cannot help but be drawn to Christian Atsu at a million cheaper (5.0). He's unproven and on no set pieces but 2 goals and 4 assists in preseason is impressive. Newcastle fans think he will start.

That extra million would make a huge difference to my defense. Any thoughts?

Yeah search for Fantasy Premier League on the App Store or Google Play Store. It's a Premier League all-in-one app now with a fantasy section included. I'm not a big fan of it to be honest as a lot of features seem to be missing. I prefer to use the mobile site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi guys, spent a lot of the morning working on the team and my question is related to Newcastle.

I currently have Matt Richie as my fourth mid - 12 goals and 7 assists last year and he dominates all set pieces. Currently 6.0.

However, I cannot help but be drawn to Christian Atsu at a million cheaper (5.0). He's unproven and on no set pieces but 2 goals and 4 assists in preseason is impressive. Newcastle fans think he will start.

Atsu should start but he isn't miles ahead of Jacob Murphy, who was bought for double the amount Atsu was. If Atsu doesn't fly out of the traps I reckon Murphy will eat into his gametime in a fairly significant way.

• Advertisement

He could be threatened for his place by Jacob Murphy. If he was a nailed on starter he would be a superb option. With Ritchie being nailed on I think he's a much safer pick. He could be one of the big breakout players this season.

You're only asking for trouble with Atsu IMO. Don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I use Fantasy Football Manager, its free on Android

TFM signs for Palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    TFM signs for Palace

Will probably ditch Mee for him now.

Will probably ditch Mee for him now.

Prob won't start gw1. Then tough fixture gw2. So if you fancy he's nailed for gw3 then yeah go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

manual_man wrote: »
    Prob won't start gw1. Then tough fixture gw2. So if you fancy he's nailed for gw3 then yeah go for it

Ya wouldn't need him until then anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

There doesn't seem to be much talk of Iheanacho in here, I know he went off injured last week but was back in training this week, at 7.0 he seems a bargain, although I guess he could either play out of position or will be rotated with Slimani and Okazaki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

God damn it I'm looking at Gabbi now !

• Advertisement

Pogba or Mkhitaryan?

Advertisement