Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Best €5.5 mid to play for 3- 4 weeks, Walters, Fraser at head of list currently but open to suggestions as I'll need to play him every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

dahat wrote: »
    Best €5.5 mid to play for 3- 4 weeks, Walters, Fraser at head of list currently but open to suggestions as I'll need to play him every week.

JWP too. Walters could be up front but fixtures are mixed to say the least. I've plumped for JWP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Just realised, with no Arsenal or Leicester players my OR is going to be pretty awful tomorrow night.

Must not look at OR!

JWP too. Walters could be up front but fixtures are mixed to say the least. I've plumped for JWP.

Walters fixtures are a mixed bag alright, any chance he is on penalties as well?

With Tadic as well I'm pass on JWP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Sh1t.....Scott Dann has now appeared in my team...time for bed I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Sh1t.....Scott Dann has now appeared in my team...time for bed I think

I said that last night
    He is still there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    Walters fixtures are a mixed bag alright, any chance he is on penalties as well?

With Tadic as well I'm pass on JWP.

Burnley don't really have a set pen taker as Barnes,vokes and gray all took them last year. Gray is now gone and I expect Walters to be on the pitch more than vokes and Barnes so I'd expect there is a reasonable chance he will take some pens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

At 11pm on the night before deadline, now that he has been passed fit for tomorrow - I am beginning to consider Mesut Ozil for the first time. And there is still no guarantee he starts.

I wish the deadline was 9 minutes ago to stop this stupidity.

Burnley don't really have a set pen taker as Barnes,vokes and gray all took them last year. Gray is now gone and I expect Walters to be on the pitch more than vokes and Barnes so I'd expect there is a reasonable chance he will take some pens.

This could offset the fixtures as he took some at Stoke. I'm trying to convince myself but not getting far...
    Walters or Fraser is the choice, phone a friend maybe!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Welcome home. :)

Working from home 3-4 days a week now so those days where I left the house at 5.55 and arrived back at 18.30 are mainly over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He's likely to be on the bench. Mourinho is probably going to give Jones the nod to start alongside Bailly. Lindelof has had an awful pre-season and will need time to adjust to the Premier League. He only turned 23 last month so is still a youngster.

Hmmm, I have four 4.5 defenders and 0.5 mil in my back pocket. If Jones has a chance of starting, he's worth a 5 mil punt - even if just to allow me some sort of basic Blackburn link!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,887 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hmmm, I have four 4.5 defenders and 0.5 mil in my back pocket. If Jones has a chance of starting, he's worth a 5 mil punt - even if just to allow me some sort of basic Blackburn link!

It is damn tempting if JM starts with three at the back Jones is a likely starter if he does not he is less so

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm seeing a lot of players going for Jesus in attack but hasn't he been pushed wider to accommodate Aguero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lemlin wrote: »

I think there's a decent chance Jones starts but his injury record is shocking to say the least. I'd be worried stiff having him in my team knowing he could break at any given moment.

If he does remain fit he's a great option at such a cheap price but you never really know with Phil.

Can any Newcastle fans tell me what Benitez preferred centre back pairing will be?

Three into two does not go and he is inclined to drop anyone if he feels there are better options.
    So the lascelles captaincy does not make any difference?

When lascelles is back will he be paired with clark. Or will it be lejeune and clark/ lejeune and lascelles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Was happy with my team all week.

Just made 3 transfers to get Ozil in. :confused::eek::eek:

I'm seeing a lot of players going for Jesus in attack but hasn't he been pushed wider to accommodate Aguero?

That is the beauty of getting Jesus he can start in a two or play wide, even behind the striker plenty of options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    I said that last night
    He is still there :D

Think he's gone under the radar a bit, he's a good pick imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Can any Newcastle fans tell me what Benitez preferred centre back pairing will be?

Three into two does not go and he is inclined to drop anyone if he feels there are better options.
    So the lascelles captaincy does not make any difference?

When lascelles is back will he be paired with clark. Or will it be lejeune and clark/ lejeune and lascelles?

I think Lejeune is nailed to start with at least. He had a terrific season with Eibar and Benitez rates him highly.

EDIT: Not a Magpies fan by the way in case you're wondering!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

froog wrote: »
    final conundrum;

salah & jesus

or

mkhi & aguero

A

• Advertisement

any 4 mill defenders that wont lose value?
    Mason from watford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

It's August 11. August 11 is Gameweek 1 of the FPL.

Just hours to go now.

?width=500&version=1000234

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Returning to FPL after a few years away, and I'm only reading up on these chip things now. Genuinely useful?

Returning to FPL after a few years away, and I'm only reading up on these chip things now. Genuinely useful?

Chips are huge. With the new 'free hit' chip replacing a useless one, the chips will have an even bigger role this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Ah the free hit one looks good alright. Is that a new one this year? The triple captain and bench points ones are more down to luck I'm guessing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

One more sleep b4 Santa comes& he's bringing me 2 Southampton defenders

Ah the free hit one looks good alright. Is that a new one this year? The triple captain and bench points ones are more down to luck I'm guessing?

Always some luck involved in this game!! Planning for the bench boost and triple captain around fixtures is huge as well though.

All I know is I started last season great and then blew up in the last few months. It's such a killer after having high hopes. All I want is a good steady few weeks and then stay in the game and build momentum as it goes on. 48 hours from now and I can just see me with head in hands after a few gambles go horribly wrong :(

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

I seem to have a biscuit on my bench...it reads "Dunk Mee".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Wait i'm a complete dope....is this new free play chip replacing the wildcard??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Wait i'm a complete dope....is this new free play chip replacing the wildcard??

Replacing the all out attack chip

Advertisement