Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Barry likely to join West Brom it seems.

Could tighten that West Brom defence up with the solid midfield cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Every manager will want it.
    Will they though? The move needs to be replicated across the other major leagues in Europe to be truly effective I think, or we will still see situations like that of Van Dijk, Coutinho & Costa where they effectively go on strike to try & force a move through. And managers won't be able to sign replacements if the domestic window is closed.

Will they though? The move needs to be replicated across the other major leagues in Europe to be truly effective I think, or we will still see situations like that of Van Dijk, Coutinho & Costa where they effectively go on strike to try & force a move through. And managers won't be able to sign replacements if the domestic window is closed.

Those kind of situations get sorted before deadline day so it just means they will get sorted earlier. Then once the football starts we can just enjoy it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Would u guys get rid of danilo and Alonso ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Great move by the PL and you'd expect other European countries to follow suit at some stage. The transfer windows have turned into an absolute circus. If that circus doesn't overlap with games of football {the actual point of it all!!}, I think it will be far more enjoyable for everyone involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Tylerdurex wrote: »

Alonos has some sticky fixtures but is still possibly the best defender with a goal threat in the PL. Danilo all depends on when Mendy is fit again? Mendy could be a big FF asset once he gets a few games under his belt and is sharp imo.

After me taking Alonso out of my team last season and him then scoring two goals, it's safe to say I won't be taking him out. He had great chances v Burnley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

William carvalho to West Ham pretty much a done deal might not offer much going forward but might tighten them up at the back a bit

After me taking Alonso out of my team last season and him then scoring two goals, it's safe to say I won't be taking him out. He had great chances v Burnley

I'd be surprised if he's not replaced by the end of the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Possibly a stupid question but can't find an answer anywhere (after at least 3 mins of searching :pac:).....if I join a league this week will my GW1 points count in that league...or do i start from zero :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Tylerdurex wrote: »

I'll be moving Danilo on as soon as I can. Won't keep his place and offered nothing going forward.

I've other fire's to fix first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Possibly a stupid question but can't find an answer anywhere (after at least 3 mins of searching :pac:).....if I join a league this week will my GW1 points count in that league...or do i start from zero :confused:

You will be starting from scratch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

You will be starting from scratch

It depends on the league settings, most just have scoring starting from week 1, the one I administer does.

All will depend on the administrator, if you've got over 100 points in GW1 and then want to join a cash league, you might not be allowed to join late! :pac:

It depends on the league settings, most just have scoring starting from week 1, the one I administer does.

All will depend on the administrator, if you've got over 100 points in GW1 and then want to join a cash league, you might not be allowed to join late! :pac:

Cheers for the replies guys - it currently has me in the 'players to be added after next update' category.

Will be interesting to see - it's a 20 Euro a head league so will be slightly miffed to be missing out on my GW1 80 point haul tbh.

Wasn't there controversy last year about loads of heavy hitters joining the Sunday World league very late in the season :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Cheers for the replies guys - it currently has me in the 'players to be added after next update' category.

Will be interesting to see - it's a 20 Euro a head league so will be slightly miffed to be missing out on my GW1 80 point haul tbh.

Wasn't there controversy last year about loads of heavy hitters joining the Sunday World league very late in the season :confused:

Not just that league but a good few leagues and rightfully so.

You should be fine though, usually most pay leagues will have a 1 GW grace period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,887 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

McBain11 wrote: »
    Great move by the PL and you'd expect other European countries to follow suit at some stage. The transfer windows have turned into an absolute circus. If that circus doesn't overlap with games of football {the actual point of it all!!}, I think it will be far more enjoyable for everyone involved.
    a.000.jpg

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

As long as it doesn't close the day before the start of the season. Could you imagine trying to pick a team then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Really hard to see this happening, unless all European leagues follow suit. If it did go ahead, English clubs wouldn't be able to buy but non English clubs would be able to buy English players. With it been a world cup year too, hard to see them agreeing to it.

Best solution I think is all European leagues - opens on 1st June and Closes on 31st July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

El festino wrote: »
    Really hard to see this happening, unless all European leagues follow suit. If it did go ahead, English clubs wouldn't be able to buy but non English clubs would be able to buy English players. With it been a world cup year too, hard to see them agreeing to it.

Best solution I think is all European leagues - opens on 1st June and Closes on 31st July.
    I don't think non English clubs would be able to buy English based players once the deadline is passed. So it will force teams from abroad to adhere to the English transfer window when dealing with English clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Problem is English leagues start sooner than continental ones

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

siblers wrote: »
    I don't think non English clubs would be able to buy English based players once the deadline is passed. So it will force teams from abroad to adhere to the English transfer window when dealing with English clubs

I doubt that, foreign leagues would still be able to transfer in english league players as their transfer window is still open - english clubs will be unable to replace those players because their window will be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Yes, don't see how it stops situations such as Coutinho, Sanchez etc. Clubs from Europe will still be able to buy players from England, making English clubs stance weaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

F1ngers wrote: »
    siblers wrote: »

I doubt that, foreign leagues would still be able to transfer in english league players as their transfer window is still open - english clubs will be unable to replace those players because their window will be closed.
    Exactly right, Schweinsteiger left Utd after the English transfer window was closed last year as an example.

Hi All,

So I've written up my opinion column which will likely go on site tomorrow evening. However I am looking for constructive criticism if people would like to read it and have time to read it I would greatly appreciate you could pop me a PM.

Generally this column will be me doing a weekly write up of the upcoming games talking about the performance of the games the previous week. I then pick a team based on this.

I'm not sure if this will be a consistent thing as it will be based mostly on interest and if people actually care for my opinion.

The team I came up with for this coming game week is as follows anyway:

Begovic
    Yoshida,Walker,Ward,Simpson
    Salah,Alli,Xhaka
    Jesus,Firmino,Lukaku(C)
    Bench: Ellliot,Hegazi,Doucoure,Brunt

Total cost is 99.7M

If anybody would like to help me further that would be great. For those wondering when the stats etc will be going live it'll likely be Thursday when that is done due to waiting on odds for the assist market.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Siggy finally gone to Everton
    GW 6he shall be mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Alexander Arnold scoring a free kick! I may have to forgive him for O points at the weekend and keep faith with him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

There should be no grace period IMO. If you miss the deadline you're gone.. Lots of people don't pay up front, get off the a bad start and never pay.. if these same people had a good start, they'd likely pay in. It's called hedging your bets and I don't agree with it. You are likely not one of these merchants and had a valid excuse why you couldn't pay in on time, but if you miss the deadline, tough luck.

There should be no grace period IMO. If you miss the deadline you're gone.. Lots of people don't pay up front, get off the a bad start and never pay.. if these same people had a good start, they'd likely pay in. It's called hedging your bets and I don't agree with it. You are likely not one of these merchants and had a valid excuse why you couldn't pay in on time, but if you miss the deadline, tough luck.

We normally have a work league but Sports and Social pulled out of it this year for no reason at the last minute.....one of the lads invited a few of us to join his mates league yesterday as an alternative.

Hi All,

So what will possibly be a weekly column depending on feedback. This column talks about the good and the bad of GW1. It's more of an interest read and gives some details on games you may have missed and we give 3 winners and 3 losers from each game!

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/08/16/the-good-the-bad-and-the-jamie-vardy/

Would really appreaciate your feedback on this if you have time to read it. If you watched many of the games it may not be for and some of the information may seem obvious or you may disagree with and that's fine. We're just curious to see the feedback on if it's worth doing as it takes a bit of time.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Hi All,

So what will possibly be a weekly column depending on feedback. This column talks about the good and the bad of GW1. It's more of an interest read and gives some details on games you may have missed and we give 3 winners and 3 losers from each game!

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/08/16/the-good-the-bad-and-the-jamie-vardy/

Would really appreaciate your feedback on this if you have time to read it. If you watched many of the games it may not be for and some of the information may seem obvious or you may disagree with and that's fine. We're just curious to see the feedback on if it's worth doing as it takes a bit of time.

Thanks!

Hey - Nice interesting article. The feedback I would give is that you have cast the net too wide by having what seems to be a rule on 3 winners and 3 losers from each game. The real winners and losers can get a bit lost.

Also, maybe the definition of 'winner' and 'loser' is a bit loose. A defensive player failing to keep a clean sheet or an attacker not scoring does not a looser make, and vice versa. Just to take the losers from West Ham. Masuaku - nailed it. However, its harsh on Hernandez and Hart. Hernandez was the best performer in a bad team and I don't remember any real clanger from Hart, playing behind a rancid defence.

But in general I like - the idea and writing are good.

Advertisement