Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3180878/chelsea-to-offer-danny-rose-50m-tottenham-exit-ahead-of-london-derby

Early reports Chelsea are going in for Danny Rose (6.5) for £50 million.

Could spark the end of Alonso at LWB as we know it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/transfer-talk/79/post/3180878/chelsea-to-offer-danny-rose-50m-tottenham-exit-ahead-of-london-derby

Was always likely. Football wise he's a shocking defender, and Conte didn't really hide that he had lost trust in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I'd be trying to get Davies in pretty soon if Rose goes. Aurier being tempted to Spurs would add real doubt and competition to Trip :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Davies becomes a must-have if that goes through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Markx wrote: »
    Hey - Nice interesting article. The feedback I would give is that you have cast the net too wide by having what seems to be a rule on 3 winners and 3 losers from each game. The real winners and losers can get a bit lost.

Also, maybe the definition of 'winner' and 'loser' is a bit loose. A defensive player failing to keep a clean sheet or an attacker not scoring does not a looser make, and vice versa. Just to take the losers from West Ham. Masuaku - nailed it. However, its harsh on Hernandez and Hart. Hernandez was the best performer in a bad team and I don't remember any real clanger from Hart, playing behind a rancid defence.

But in general I like - the idea and writing are good.

Thanks Mark. Really appreciate the feedback. Will look into amending the winners and losers as suggested.

The article hasn't really kicked off as well as we thought but we'll be monitoring it anyway, it's a bit lengthy so possible another issue for us to look at and maybe just do two winners and two losers.

• Advertisement

elefant wrote: »
    Davies becomes a must-have if that goes through.

I probably prefer Trippier at the same price. And anyone not owning Davies already and who therefore misses out on his price rises will probably get Trippier when they wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I'd have far less interest in Trippier if Aurier is knocking about. For 5.5 Davies would be nailed and he even took a few corners. His goal was a bit lucky but 5.5 nailed into the Spurs backline on corners and already a goal is appealing indeedy

He's gona rise tonight/tomorrow too so it could be worth the risk to move early on him even with the awful fixture. Burley is after Chelsea and he will likely be be 5.7 by then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

-=al=- wrote: »
    I'd be trying to get Davies in pretty soon if Rose goes. Aurier being tempted to Spurs would add real doubt and competition to Trip :/
    Aurier is not yet allowed to enter in UK/GB/England because of his police record.

Anyway, he's not a great player and has a sh*te mentality (typical riff-raff). I give you that he may be good FPL-compatible since he goes forward but he's technically limited and is not a great def. I really don't get where his reputation comes from and how come he's been linked to so many big clubs this summer. I guess he has a great agent :rolleyes:. But to think some people in France dared comparing him to Daniel Alves :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Does anyone know exactly how the waivers work in Draft? If I have a waiver listed for this week and someone else with a higher priority gets my target first, I suspect my waiver gets cancelled. Can I list several waivers in case my first choice is gone? Do all waiver requests with that player get dumped once the highest priority one succeeds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Does anyone know exactly how the waivers work in Draft? If I have a waiver listed for this week and someone else with a higher priority gets my target first, I suspect my waiver gets cancelled. Can I list several waivers in case my first choice is gone? Do all waiver requests with that player get dumped once the highest priority one succeeds?

My understanding is that, of more than one person has a waiver claim in, the lowest ranked person gets the player.

You can list as many waivers as you like. I'm not sure if you can use the same player in more than one waiver i.e.: waive Zaha for Mooy and also for Townsend.

Others may have more information on that.

• Advertisement

If Rose does go to Chelsea, and he does start, Alonso won't be dropped. Can't see it happening.

Alonso would play as LW then imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah in Fantasy NFL anyway, whoever's bottom of your league gets first choice, then next bottom etc. You list as many possible trades as you want, and whatever is left by the time your go comes around you'll get.

For example, this week you might list....
    1. Zaha - Ramsey
    2. Zaha - Willian
    3. Zaha - JWP

That's fantasy NFL anyway, haven't seen Fantasy PL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

If Rose does go to Chelsea, and he does start, Alonso won't be dropped. Can't see it happening.

Chelsea don't really play wingers though, and if you mean on the left of the front 3 he would be behind Hazard, Willian, Pedro at least if not others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Man city interested in signing Jonny Evans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Be good for hegazi

It's kind of funny too that with all the teams playing 352 and Pulis is basically a collector of centre backs that's he hasn't switched to 3 centre halves.
    He could play Brunty LWB and Matty RWB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Well that's random!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Typical Pep player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Well that's random!

For cover I'd imagine. They are lacking in centre-back options at the moment.

EDIT: I can't really see Pulis selling him unless City go all out with their offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

For cover I'd imagine. They are lacking in centre-back options at the moment.

Hard to see him leaving a club where he is captain just to sit on the bench every week. But i guess if the pay cheque is big enough...

Chelsea don't really play wingers though, and if you mean on the left of the front 3 he would be behind Hazard, Willian, Pedro at least if not others

Hazard is out for another 2 weeks or so I think. Pedro is also out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hard to see him leaving a club where he is captain just to sit on the bench every week. But i guess if the pay cheque is big enough...

Yeah I added that I can't see Pulis selling. Evans is probably the most essential player Pulis has. I think City may need another homegrown player to fill the quota that's why they've pinpointed Evans.

No way Conte totally changes his formation to accommodate Alonso. He hooked him off early in one of the preseason games just after he made an error leading to a goal. Signing a LB was a top target for him, Sandro had been the expected replacement.

Alonso is a legend only to FPL players. In terms of being a solid wing back he's ordinary. When first signed he wasn't really expected to go straight into the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

FHFC wrote: »
    No way Conte totally changes his formation to accommodate Alonso. He hooked him off early in one of the preseason games just after he made an error leading to a goal. Signing a LB was a top target for him, Sandro had been the expected replacement.

Alonso is a legend only to FPL players. In terms of being a solid wing back he's ordinary. When first signed he wasn't really expected to go straight into the team.

Have to agree with this, think it was the Inter game Alonso was a shambles in. Didn't see all of Community Shield but he wasn't great in the bits I did see.

If Chelsea do spend £50 million on a LB, I can't them not playing him in the current system in which they won the league. If they go 4-4-2 etc. they'd also be losing another attacking player.

FPL wise Alonso is/was a must have but I don't think Conte will take that into account unfortunately.

I heard a rumour he only plays with 5 rotating defenders all at 4.5 in Fantasy Football.*
    *A rumour I started

Btw. FAO Mr P.

I'm in a cash league with Spacecraft's Dad.

I shìt you not... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Btw. FAO Mr P.

I'm in a cash league with Spacecraft's Dad.

I shìt you not... :D

The Spacecraft moves in mysterious ways :pac:

The Spacecraft moves in mysterious ways :pac:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/2587753/event/1

The League called "Family Business" made my heart skip a beat momentarily....but alas.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭The Red Lad

Lukaku, Vardy or Firminio for captain on gw2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Have a look at the first scorer odds on Paddy Power?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Km79 I see your love child Siggy has had his move to Everton confirmed :P

Interesting option once their fixtures clear up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Everyone has a different opinion...

Advertisement