Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Km79 I see your love child Siggy has had his move to Everton confirmed :P

Interesting option once their fixtures clear up.
    :D
    He shall be mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Km79 I see your love child Siggy has had his move to Everton confirmed :P

Interesting option once their fixtures clear up.

Oh Siggy...my Siggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Siggy, Siggy, Siggy, can't you see?

Sometimes your goals and assists just hypnotise me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

FHFC wrote: »
    No way Conte totally changes his formation to accommodate Alonso. He hooked him off early in one of the preseason games just after he made an error leading to a goal. Signing a LB was a top target for him, Sandro had been the expected replacement.

Alonso is a legend only to FPL players. In terms of being a solid wing back he's ordinary. When first signed he wasn't really expected to go straight into the team.

I was referring to over the next few weeks while Hazard and Pedro are out. Batashayi and Morata can't play LW so that only leaves Willian who played on the right last week I think(?)

sanchez back in training
    he is the sole reason i didnt wc this week
    they have a nice run of fixtures after int break..........3 home games in 4

• Advertisement

Yikes, didn't realise Siggy was 8.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Can anyone remember where the Premier League players' FPL accounts were linked in the past week or so? I could have sworn I remember someone posting a really useful list detailing Premier League players and their FPL ID's here or elsewhere in the forum. I think I remember someone mentioning that Hunemeier placed himself 3rd on his own bench. I can't find it anywhere and it's driving me mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

km79 wrote: »
    sanchez back in training
    he is the sole reason i didnt wc this week
    they have a nice run of fixtures after int break..........3 home games in 4

Hopefully he can pick up the ball from deep and feed Kolasinac's marauding runs into the box

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Can anyone remember where the Premier League players' FPL accounts were linked in the past week or so? I could have sworn I remember someone posting a really useful list detailing Premier League players and their FPL ID's here or elsewhere in the forum. I think I remember someone mentioning that Hunemeier placed himself 3rd on his own bench. I can't find it anywhere and it's driving me mad!

Posted on this thread on Sunday or Monday its a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I have it saved.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104372086&postcount=1755

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

See here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

This thread can be both a blessing and a curse at the same time! :P I had Ward in my initial squad but then I saw a poster on here who appeared to know their stuff about Burnley saying he wasn't guaranteed to start. I thought it was a bit strange as figured he was a shoe in. Went for Mee in the end as a result. Had him as third sub but he ended up coming on because Evans and strangely Darmian didn't play. If only that was Ward! :P

This thread is brilliant so I guess the moral of the story is to stick to your guns. I'm sure everyone on here has something similar happen to them.

Redo91 wrote: »
    This thread can be both a blessing and a curse at the same time! :P I had Ward in my initial squad but then I saw a poster on here who appeared to know their stuff about Burnley saying he wasn't guaranteed to start. I thought it was a bit strange as figured he was a shoe in. Went for Mee in the end as a result. Had him as third sub but he ended up coming on because Evans and strangely Darmian didn't play. If only that was Ward! :P

This thread is brilliant so I guess the moral of the story is to stick to your guns. I'm sure everyone on here has something similar happen to them.

That was me. At the time that I mentioned ward mightnt start it was very early in pre season and taylor had just been signed from leeds another LB. After that post i also mentioned that dyche was trying taylor out at CB in some games. I also mentioned at that time that it would be clear from dyches later selections what way he would line up. I also said from the start that Long would not be a runner for the 4.0 spot as it would be mee and tarkowski and that Mee is the best way into the burnley defence he still is even though ward outscored him last GW.
    Where I got it wrong was with walters I was convinced he would start perhaps on the right against chelsea due to a change from dyches typical 442. Id say dyche hasnt played 442 in less than 5 or 6 games in his 4 years managing burnley. I was expecting it to be back to 442 for the wba game but now im not so sure as the dynamic of the team has changed a bit with the signing of cork ( a good passer of the ball)and him getting brady and defour fit enough to play his style. Brady and defour are technically much better footballers than boyd and marney but werent fit enough to play in a burnley team last year. Their is a lot of running involved. With Cork, defour and brady all in the team its possible they may play 451/ 433 as they have the footballers to do it as opposed to 442 with a lot of limited footballers that run around a lot and long ball up to two big physical forwards. There are people talking about brady as an option but id hold fire on that until we see if dyche moves back to a 442 and if he does does he trust him to put the work in defensively as part of that system.
    The Moral of the story is if your going to read posts on here you have to read them all;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

@Scummyman and @greedygoblin

Thanks very much, I appreciate it!

Is this the only bit of advice you heeded? Any players you hadn't considered yourself or maybe someone else you had but we're advised correctly against
    For example I advised people against darmian due to competition from Blind and an abysmal performance in Super Cup
    Evans was injured which was widely flagged here

I would not have had Hegazi in a million years without this thread

Share some of the good with the bad ;)

Is this the only bit of advice you heeded? Any players you hadn't considered yourself or maybe someone else you had but we're advised correctly against
    For example I advised people against darmian due to competition from Blind and an abysmal performance in Super Cup
    Evans was injured which was widely flagged here

I would not have had Hegazi in a million years without this thread

Share some of the good with the bad ;)

I guess I did heed the advice about Walters in the sense that I was happy to have him in my team but I already had him there before I read the thread. Seeing people recommend him just put me at ease about his selection. Ward being a doubtful start was the only advice that actually caused me to change my mind. Generally I stick to my guns.

Darmian was much better during preseason when Blind was mostly poor (especially against Barcelona). I actually thought Darmian did alright against Real to be honest so that performance certainly didn't put me off.

As for Evans I was constantly checking twitter for updates in the days coming up to the deadline as I knew he had a minor hamstring injury. Any reports and previews I read were certainly saying he was going to make it.

That was me. At the time that I mentioned ward mightnt start it was very early in pre season and taylor had just been signed from leeds another LB. After that post i also mentioned that dyche was trying taylor out at CB in some games. I also mentioned at that time that it would be clear from dyches later selections what way he would line up. I also said from the start that Long would not be a runner for the 4.0 spot as it would be mee and tarkowski and that Mee is the best way into the burnley defence he still is even though ward outscored him last GW.
    Where I got it wrong was with walters I was convinced he would start perhaps on the right against chelsea due to a change from dyches typical 442. Id say dyche hasnt played 442 in less than 5 or 6 games in his 4 years managing burnley. I was expecting it to be back to 442 for the wba game but now im not so sure as the dynamic of the team has changed a bit with the signing of cork ( a good passer of the ball)and him getting brady and defour fit enough to play his style. Brady and defour are technically much better footballers than boyd and marney but werent fit enough to play in a burnley team last year. Their is a lot of running involved. With Cork, defour and brady all in the team its possible they may play 451/ 433 as they have the footballers to do it as opposed to 442 with a lot of limited footballers that run around a lot and long ball up to two big physical forwards. There are people talking about brady as an option but id hold fire on that until we see if dyche moves back to a 442 and if he does does he trust him to put the work in defensively as part of that system.
    The Moral of the story is if your going to read posts on here you have to read them all;)

That's fair enough. Apologies if I caused any offence. It was obviously my own fault for taking him out as nobody made me do it.

I'm still happy with Mee in the long run. Ward scoring isn't obviously going to be a common occurrence (watch him go and top the scoring charts now :P).

I guess I was just venting a bit of frustration because I only had an OK first GW with 54 points and Ward would have given me a good boost in points.

Sorry again if it came across that I was blaming you and you took offence. It was obviously my fault I took him out in the first place! :)

That's fair enough. Apologies if I caused any offence. It was obviously my own fault for taking him out as nobody made me do it.

I'm still happy with Mee in the long run. Ward scoring isn't obviously going to be a common occurrence (watch him go and top the scoring charts now :P).

I guess I was just venting a bit of frustration because I only had an OK first GW with 54 points and Ward would have given me a good boost in points.

Sorry again if it came across that I was blaming you and you took offence. It was obviously my fault I took him out in the first place! :)

No problem no offence taken. When it comes to Burnley I'd be more clued in then most as I sort of support them. Mee is the better and safer pick although it didn't work out this week. I did mean to update my predicted team closer to kick off and ward would've been in that as it was obvious due to pre season. My predicted starting team would still have had Walters in it though. I thought he would've played over gudmundson either in a 451 on the right or a 442 up top with vokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Kevin Wimmer in talks with WBA. Replacement for Evans?

zerks wrote: »
    Kevin Wimmer in talks with WBA. Replacement for Evans?
    but but but hegazi :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

I think Hegazi will be first choice CB, Dawson could be benched or moved to the right and McAuley/Wimmer could rotate.

Mauricio Pellegrino confirms he has no fresh injury concerns. Full-back Ryan Bertrand and goalkeeper Alex McCarthy are both fit. #SaintsFC

VVD unavailable for selection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Mauricio Pellegrino confirms he has no fresh injury concerns. Full-back Ryan Bertrand and goalkeeper Alex McCarthy are both fit. #SaintsFC

VVD unavailable for selection

You beautyyyyyyyyyyy :D

Hi All,

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/08/17/beat-the-odds-gameweek-2/

My opinion blog this upcoming gameweek and I picked a team I think will return the most points. I would appreciate any feedback - especially on the team and if you enjoyed reading.

The odds for Goalscorer Article will be up tomorrow morning - bit of a delay with some last minute editing.

Thanks!

Shano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hi All,

My opinion blog this upcoming gameweek and I picked a team I think will return the most points. I would appreciate any feedback - especially on the team and if you enjoyed reading.

The odds for Goalscorer Article will be up tomorrow morning - bit of a delay with some last minute editing.

Thanks!

Shano.

Easy to read. Odd structure going game by game and picking that way, but a very good looking team at the end.

Will read again.

Edit: and the page seems to have disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Hi All,

Thanks!

Shano.

Problem with link?

Easy to read. Odd structure going game by game and picking that way, but a very good looking team at the end.

Will read again.

Edit: and the page seems to have disappeared.

Thanks for the reply. How would you prefer it done?
    Chesty08 wrote: »
    Problem with link?

Yeh guys I have no idea, I'm currently on with IT now, it completely disappeared. Will update once resolved.

Edit: Issue resolved guys. https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/08/17/beat-the-odds-gameweek-2/

Working now. Good post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thanks for the reply. How would you prefer it done?

It wasn't a bad way, just different, looking at each game first and then picking rather than going on a team by team basis. Don't change it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I don't feel comfortable leaving Mee (at home to West Brom) on bench.

Should I do the opposite of what everyone else (who transferred Hegazi in) will be doing this week and bench him instead of Mee?

Hard to do it after 15 points haul, though...

Advertisement