Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

My opinion blog this upcoming gameweek and I picked a team I think will return the most points. I would appreciate any feedback - especially on the team and if you enjoyed reading.

I think you've missed a trick by not taking any time assist odds into account. It would be easy enough to do, you would just have to weight it differently for each position though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

@Shano

Your front 6 is the exact same as mine. Same C and VC

I'm feeling confident!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Rikand wrote: »
    @Shano

I'm feeling confident!

5 out of 6 in mine (no Ramsey).

To be fair it is unchanged for me as I was lucky enough to pick it for GW1.

I hope Jesus rises on Monday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think you've missed a trick by not taking any time assist odds into account. It would be easy enough to do, you would just have to weight it differently for each position though.

We will be collecting data over the next 2-3 weeks so we can then provide what we believe will be accurate anytime assist odds :)
    Rikand wrote: »
    @Shano

I'm feeling confident!

I think that it's a really strong team! Better than my current one due to injuries :(
    wonski wrote: »
    5 out of 6 in mine (no Ramsey).

To be fair it is unchanged for me as I was lucky enough to pick it for GW1.

I hope Jesus rises on Monday evening.

He's playing against Everton, he will ( I'm an Everton fan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If I didn't have a fodder defender I'd be half tempted to BB.

Elliot
    Lowton
    Carroll

And Hunemaier.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm just seeing that AOA is gone for FH :pac:...

That was my last year season review final comment. I actually sent this part (not exactly word for word :p) to the FPL board.
    Looks like my irony paid off in the end :pac:...
    iroced wrote: »
    Then. I'm not a fan of these new chips but since they're not going to be removed, maybe make some adjustments to them. e.g. Using the 2 WCs whenever we want (e.g. 2 GWs in a row). I know it's part of the BB but since there's the AOA why not a double GK chip. It'll end up as useless as the AOA but at least it'll spare the uselessness between attack and defense :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

dsmythy wrote: »
    If I didn't have a fodder defender I'd be half tempted to BB.

Elliot
    Lowton
    Carroll

And Hunemaier.......

Why Hunemaier? He didn't play last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

wonski wrote: »
    I don't feel comfortable leaving Mee (at home to West Brom) on bench.

Should I do the opposite of what everyone else (who transferred Hegazi in) will be doing this week and bench him instead of Mee?

Hard to do it after 15 points haul, though...
    In the same boat myself except it's Dawson for me. Currently have Mee starting instead of him but I can see Dawson chipping in with a goal or CS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Big Borg wrote: »
    Why Hunemaier? He didn't play last week

He's there from start as 4m fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Gabriel of Arsenal has left for Valencia.

At least we won't be able to complain when he only plays one game of DGW34 this season after representing great enabling value.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Would I be mad to use bench boost so early?

Elliot - hud (a)
    Mee - wba (h)
    Lowe- Newcastle (h)
    Carroll - man Utd (h)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,888 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hogey007 wrote:

Lunacy.

Wait for a dgw

Lunacy.

Wait for a dgw

The last 2 seasons has seen poor returns for my bench boost on dgws. I'll prob save it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Hogey007 wrote: »

Elliot - hud (a)
    Mee - wba (h)
    Lowe- Newcastle (h)
    Carroll - man Utd (h)

Decent chance of clean sheets for your 3 benched defenders/goalie. It's definitely tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Elliot - hud (a)
    Mee - wba (h)
    Lowe- Newcastle (h)
    Carroll - man Utd (h)

You are basically banking on a nil all in newscastle
    It could happen but I wouldn't bet my BB on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Bench one of:

Richie (hud)
    Monreal (stk)
    Jones (swa)
    TAA (CPL)

Currently have Richie benched but thinking of changing to Monreal, but why have a premium defender if your not going to play him v Stoke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Probably Rithcie from that group given Newcastle's injury/suspension goings on and away fixture. Hard to bench someone who's nailed on for dead balls though

Maybe TAA second because it's Liverpool and clean sheets :pac:

AdpRo wrote: »
    Bench one of:

Richie (hud)
    Monreal (stk)
    Jones (swa)
    TAA (CPL)

Currently have Richie benched but thinking of changing to Monreal, but why have a premium defender if your not going to play him v Stoke!
    monreal is likely to play CB though so that means 2 things.
    1. Unlikely to get attacking points
    2. Arsenal will not keep a clean sheet!

I wouldnt bench richie or jones so its between the other 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Bench one of:

Richie (hud)
    Monreal (stk)
    Jones (swa)
    TAA (CPL)

I've Ritchie in my side so probably a little 'biased' but for me I'd bench TAA.

Yes, Liverpool are at home against a poor Palace side but I think it'll be a case of we'll score more than you approach from the Pool. Fantastic attacking, brutal defensively and with Ritchie on set pieces, he could be in the action.

Last meeting between the two was Hud 1-3 Newcastle and Ritchie bagged himself a goal from the penalty spot I think.

Wouldn't bench Monreal anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lunacy.

Wait for a dgw

The automatic assumption that BB has to be played in a DGW has been debated here often and it's far from straightforward. Sgw BB a very valid strategy. Not sure I'd be going for it this early with such a low TV and low ceiling players on bench.

But that's not that bad tbh Hogey. I'd probably prefer a better keeper and a Carroll the other weakness.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    The automatic assumption that BB has to be played in a DGW has been debated here often and it's far from straightforward. Sgw BB a very valid strategy. Not sure I'd be going for it this early with such a low TV and low ceiling players on bench.

But that's not that bad tbh Hogey. I'd probably prefer a better keeper and a Carroll the other weakness.

Yeah it was points made previously by the likes of yourself & busts that made me think it's not critical to use bb in a dgw. As was pointed out, you can take hits or hang onto average players way too long because they have a dgw that can negate the value gained by bb.
    Plus now with this free hit chip that seems ideal for 1 dgw and tc chip for another so there may not be a chance to use bb in dgw. I know ideally you'd like to use the free hit chip on a gw where several teams don't play.

Anyway I think the replies are correct, while it's a decent bench this it's not great either. Barring an unlikely goal from someone I think 15 points would be an expected return. 2 from Carroll & 2 clean sheets maximum from the 3 but more realistically just the 1.
    I'll save it for now, thanks for the replies .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There'll definitely be a point in the season where you'll have a strong front 8 and want to play the extra attacker. Wait for that week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Bench one of:

Richie (hud)
    Monreal (stk)
    Jones (swa)
    TAA (CPL)

TAA. There could be changes to the Liverpool team with the second leg midweek.
    I'd still play Richie ahead of TAA anyway.

I've Stephens benched in favour of Gro8 who's a set=piece taker away to Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Elliot - hud (a)
    Mee - wba (h)
    Lowe- Newcastle (h)
    Carroll - man Utd (h)

I think you need a better option than Carroll to BB. The other 3 have the ideal fixture. No need to wait for a dgw but not quite strong enough for this gw.

I think you need a better option than Carroll to BB. The other 3 have the ideal fixture. No need to wait for a dgw but not quite strong enough for this gw.

Thanks, yeah you're right, as the season goes on & tv increases and a good cheap 5th mid emerges I'll have a better opportunity to use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Play Mee against West Brom or PVA against Liverpool? Have Mee in ... but looking at my premium defender on my bench is a pain in Mee hole :pac:

COH wrote: »
    Play Mee against West Brom or PVA against Liverpool? Have Mee in ... but looking at my premium defender on my bench is a pain in Mee hole :pac:

I don't have Pva but when I do I play him every week
    You don't own him for clean sheets
    By the way he took nearly all their corners last week !

Who are your other defenders
    And midfielders actually cos Pva is basically a midfielder with an outside chance every week of a cleanie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

COH wrote: »

Stick to your guns :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

So its Mee or Me

• Advertisement

PVA wrote: »
    So its Mee or Me

LOL

Advertisement