Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

Languishing at 2.4 million overall which is quite the shock as I managed to get KDB, Jesus, Salah, Kane and Lukaku into my starting 11 for GW 1. I don't think I compromised too much to do that.

Hoping now that some of the big scorers go off the boil a tad but managers keep the faith so if the likes of Pogba, Bailly, Alonso, Mkhi, Vardy and the little Pea can calm down for 2-3 GW's then I've a chance to get back into it if managers don't sell.

If those players keep on trucking then I'll struggle all season.

Thing is I've no real regrets from my GW starting 11 except maybe not taking a chance on the injury prone Phil Jones and I was afraid to go double Pulisball with Hegazi but I got him in for GW 2.

My patience will be tested over the next 2-3 GW's.

Anybody looking at their team and wondering WTF ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,888 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Languishing at 2.4 million overall which is quite the shock as I managed to get KDB, Jesus, Salah, Kane and Lukaku into my starting 11 for GW 1. I don't think I compromised too much to do that.

Interesting. Can you post your full team Gw1 and 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Klopp now referring to mane as a striker...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Languishing at 2.4 million overall which is quite the shock [...]

No. Much too early for that.

Besides OR means nothing right now. And the GW isn't over. A big game from KDB & Jesus tonight and you may climb over 1m positions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Hoping now that some of the big scorers go off the boil a tad but managers keep the faith so if the likes of Pogba, Bailly, Alonso, Mkhi, Vardy and the little Pea can calm down for 2-3 GW's then I've a chance to get back into it if managers don't sell.

Thing is I've no real regrets from my GW starting 11 except maybe not taking a chance on the injury prone Phil Jones and I was afraid to go double Pulisball with Hegazi but I got him in for GW 2.

Yep, was looking at mine yesterday and happy with my team, selections were all thought through and justified, I felt but think I've just been unlucky which unfortunately means fook all in FPL terms.

Knee jerked for GW2 taking out Alonso & injured Zaha and getting in Mane & Lowe, short term bad, long term I think it will be justified.

Found I was looking at my team far too much and tinkering made me do the -4 so I think I might bank this week.

Will stick the captaincy on Kane this week against Burnley, currently 1.1 million and a lot will be getting rid of him too. I expect a price drop and a big game out of him vs Burnley, if not I'm looking at an unforseen, unplanned WC I reckon

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Translation: £0.5m needed to replace Salah with him :p.

Kane is becoming a pb in my team. He's on his last chance to prove he's worth the price for Burnley. After and despite his regression to the mean numbers, the question will arise whether he's really worth the extra £3.0m from Alli/Eriksen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Knee jerked for GW2 taking out Alonso & injured Zaha and getting in Mane & Lowe, short term bad, long term I think it will be justified.

Found I was looking at my team far too much and tinkering made me do the -4 so I think I might bank this week.

Will stick the captaincy on Kane this week against Burnley, currently 1.1 million and a lot will be getting rid of him too. I expect a price drop and a big game out of him vs Burnley, if not I'm looking at an unforseen, unplanned WC I reckon

Yeah I'm the same, got rid of Alonso and benched Lowe. Overall happy with the look of my team but it's frustrating to see scores of 60-70+ this week. Really want to Captain Kane for next week but can't do it without a -4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I'm in an almost identical position, I've the same points total as you and KdB tonight which means you will almost certainly be ahead of me when the gameweek ends. The thing is I'm pretty happy with my team, I've all the guys you listed above bar Jesus, I never even contemplated Pogba / Miki. I'm giving it one more week before I start to panic but I'm already 40-50 points behind in most leagues I'm in.

Interesting. Can you post your full team Gw1 and 2

GW 1

Foster

Cedric, Stephens, Lejune, Mee

Salah, KDB, Carroll

Jesus, Lukaku, Kane

Scored 65

GW 2

Foster

Cedric, Stephens, Hegazi, Mee

Salah, KDB, RLC

Jesus, Lukaku, Kane

Currently on 28 points

Think I'll give the Saint double defence one more shot as I want two transfers for after the international break.

AdpRo wrote: »
    I'm in an almost identical position, I've the same points total as you and KdB tonight which means you will almost certainly be ahead of me when the gameweek ends. The thing is I'm pretty happy with my team, I've all the guys you listed above bar Jesus, I never even contemplated Pogba / Miki. I'm giving it one more week before I start to panic but I'm already 40-50 points behind in most leagues I'm in.

I knew before the season started, by virtue of the amount of supporters they have, that United players would be highly owned. So teams with 3 United players will be doing very well right now.

The big concern is they might not drop off as Mourinho sets about building a lead prior to European involvement.

• Advertisement

@klopparama:
    3 cheapies rotation in midfield? If the case, maybe you overlooked a bit your midfield?

iroced wrote: »
    @klopparama:
    3 cheapies rotation in midfield? If the case, maybe you overlooked a bit your midfield?

I'm waiting for Chadli to move to Swansea to get him in and play him every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

FPL suicide not having Alonso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,888 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Foster
    Cedric, Stephens, Hegazi, Mee
    Salah, KDB, RLC
    Jesus, Lukaku, Kane

That's almost identical to the draft team I had for a week leading up to the first Friday night game. (I had Coutinho instead of Salah and Yoshida instead of Stephens).

Couple of hours before kickoff the Countino "back injury" news broke.

With an hour to spare I changed jesus to Firmino for Liverpool cover, upgraded KDB to Aguero for city cover and downgraded Kane to Alli.
    I used the extra cash to change Forster to DGG.

...all because of Barca's bid to sign Countino. Not quite the 'butterfly effect' but that all lead to me changing my team and now I'm at 3.5k OR when I could easily have been in your position with what is a very good team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

KevIRL wrote: »

Conte doing the same about Alonso: (kind of)

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/899329958182604800

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

begbysback wrote: »

Before the season started there were serious question marks over Alonso's place in the team, though, which is why I wasn't willing to invest 7m in him. That and Chelsea's troubled pre-season. Fair play to those that did, but I don't think it was/is as clear cut as you make out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

begbysback wrote: »

Before the season started there were serious question marks over Alonso's place in the team, though, which is why I wasn't willing to invest 7m in him. That and Chelsea's troubled pre-season. Fair play to those that did, but I don't think it was/is as clear cut as you make out.
    I will not be getting him until window has closed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Burnley splashed out big bucks on a striker from Leeds, bad news for Jon Walters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

I had Alonso for GW1 and sold him as I felt Spurs would score and Chelsea would struggle without Cahill and Fabregas. I was wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PVA wrote: »
    I had Alonso for GW1 and sold him as I felt Spurs would score and Chelsea would struggle without Cahill and Fabregas. I was wrong

I did the same.

FPL suicide as some have said. Tempted to just log off and not log back on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Well, I thought that Kane started out too expensive at 12.5 and predicted his normal slow start. But, owners have not been punished and you can just tell he will soon start to explode with goals. I'd love to have him, but damn that price!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Big Borg wrote: »
    Well, I thought that Kane started out too expensive at 12.5 and predicted his normal slow start. But, owners have not been punished and you can just tell he will soon start to explode with goals. I'd love to have him, but damn that price!!

Owners have got 1 and 1 fir their 12.5
    I think we have been punished but I'll be sticking with him for now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

May have been covered previously but how does the "Free Hit" chip affect TV? I'm assuming price rises/drops don't count?

But if I had Kane for example and use free hit to replace him with Lukaku - Kane drops to 12.4 I'm guessing he will just be 12.4 once it reverts the following GW right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

May have been covered previously but how does the "Free Hit" chip affect TV? I'm assuming price rises/drops don't count?

But if I had Kane for example and use free hit to replace him with Lukaku - Kane drops to 12.4 I'm guessing he will just be 12.4 once it reverts the following GW right?

Your original team will rise and fall as normal.

Isn't there a review panel to implement bans for diving this year ?

The red that Morgan got for the tackle on Kun was an absolute dive with a dash of theatrics but I'd say there was just enough contact to save Kun from a ban but it's such a fine line as I would consider that a dive in the sportsmanship sense.

Players who dive next season will face punishment. The Football Association passed a rule at their Annual General Meeting in May that will see two-match bans handed out for simulation.

The FA will also be able to rescind a yellow or red card given to the player who was deemed to have committed a foul, if the player was found guilty of diving. And players can be punished for "attempting to deceive the referee by feigning injury".

Footage will be reviewed each Monday by a three-man panel, consisting of one ex-match official, one ex-manager and one ex-player. Each panel member reviews the footage independently of the other members.

The FA will then act if there is "clear and overwhelming evidence to suggest a match official has been deceived by an act of simulation." The panel must be unanimous in their decision and players can be banned for two matches if they are found guilty.

There was a tiny bit of contact so I'd say he'll get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

ScummyMan wrote: »
    There was a tiny bit of contact so I'd say he'll get away with it.

Will it be reviewed automatically?

ElTel wrote: »
    Will it be reviewed automatically?

I have something in my head about them mentioning reviewing major incidents, i.e. ones leading to red cards or penalties, but I may have imagined that. Can't find anything conclusive online

Last 2 consecutive seasons have seen me finish top 10k both times so that was obviously my minimum target again.

Currently sitting at 2.5 million so I've already readjusted my season target. Now playing for top 100k.

Expectations can change so fúcking quickly but I'm gonna sit tight with my team and not wildcard.

Next 2 weeks will see a big turnaround or weeks of research and preparation making me look very silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Only 2 weeks in sure it'll be grand. I had an average enough start last season but it ended aok with some clever moves around the doubles

Advertisement