Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Last 2 consecutive seasons have seen me finish top 10k both times so that was obviously my minimum target again.

Currently sitting at 2.5 million so I've already readjusted my season target. Now playing for top 100k.

Expectations can change so fúcking quickly but I'm gonna sit tight with my team and not wildcard.

Next 2 weeks will see a big turnaround or weeks of research and preparation making me look very silly.

After two weeks? Seriously? Season has barely even started! You can maybe give up after gw22 but not after gw2 that's ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Last 2 consecutive seasons have seen me finish top 10k both times so that was obviously my minimum target again.

Currently sitting at 2.5 million so I've already readjusted my season target. Now playing for top 100k.

Expectations can change so fúcking quickly but I'm gonna sit tight with my team and not wildcard.

Next 2 weeks will see a big turnaround or weeks of research and preparation making me look very silly.

You can still finish top 1k, let alone top 10k.
    Two weeks is nothing over the course of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,888 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

5 out of the top 6 in the world have Rooney in their team.

Discuss.

jimmii wrote: »
    After two weeks? Seriously? Season has barely even started! You can maybe give up after gw22 but not after gw2 that's ridiculous.

What's ridiculous ? I never once mentioned anything about giving up. Quite the opposite.

spock. wrote: »
    You can still finish top 1k, let alone top 10k.
    Two weeks is nothing over the course of the season.

Maybe but I'm just pointing out that I've to now stick or twist and I've decided to stick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Discuss.

Tough games coming up for him. Don't think will have been worth it after the next 3/4 games will have been played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Going to give KDB 2 more games then I'll have to consider someone else, 10 mil is a lot tied up in him considering what he could be replaced with.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I think once Europe comes into play things could change quite a bit. Don't see Rooney playing all the time for example, City could be a fair bit of rotation, as will Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea. People panicking at the moment need to give it a a few more weeks before pressing the implode button!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

You're probably at most 50 points off top 10k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

ScummyMan wrote: »
    ElTel wrote: »
    Will it be reviewed automatically?

I have something in my head about them mentioning reviewing major incidents, i.e. ones leading to red cards or penalties, but I may have imagined that. Can't find anything conclusive online
    Yeah that's correct
    Don't think this will be the case here though as there was actually minimal contact
    Although to me Kun sticks his left foot out to be tripped .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Played my wildcard. FML

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

threein99 wrote: »
    Going to give KDB 2 more games then I'll have to consider someone else, 10 mil is a lot tied up in him considering what he could be replaced with.

Ditto, Eriksen seems the best replacement and will inevitably rise. Kicking myself for not having him in for GW1 but wanted City coverage.

Only thing is that he I imagine he will come good at some stage and is explosive. He's too good not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

So what about City everybody ?

KDB went very deep last night and Jesus got hooked so both look like they will drop in price quite soon.

I know KDB still managed a huge score last season despite playing deeper but I'd hoped he would be higher up this season. I really didn't see Pep playing 2 up front.

None look safe from rotation (except KDB) and I can't get a handle on them at all.

Feels like it would be madness to have no cover but 20.5 is a lot to have tied up in a big bag of doubt.

They just don't look very cohesive at all but I think I'd fear not having at least one of their attackers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

FHFC wrote: »

Feckin' Sandra :pac:

I can relate unfortunately !

So what about City everybody ?

KDB went very deep last night and Jesus got hooked so both look like they will drop in price quite soon.

I know KDB still managed a huge score last season despite playing deeper but I'd hoped he would be higher up this season. I really didn't see Pep playing 2 up front.

None look safe from rotation (except KDB) and I can't get a handle on them at all.

Feels like it would be madness to have no cover but 20.5 is a lot to have tied up in a big bag of doubt.

They just don't look very cohesive at all but I think I'd fear not having at least one of their attackers.

https://twitter.com/andy85wsm/status/899782312631697408

Aguero or nobody for City attackers I think. And boy does it feel good to say that..

Pep prefers Jesus me hole...

425896.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Almost 77,000 have got rid of Harry Kane this week and number is continuing to grow.

Besides being a proven goal machine for 3 seasons, he has had 14 shots in last two matches and is home to Burnley this weekend - madness.

Almost 77,000 have got rid of Harry Kane this week and number is continuing to grow.

Besides being a proven goal machine for 3 seasons, he has had 14 shots in last two matches and is home to Burnley this weekend - madness.

I'm getting him in for a hit.

https://twitter.com/andy85wsm/status/899782312631697408

Aguero or nobody for City attackers I think. And boy does it feel good to say that..

425896.gif

Fúck me that stat is fairly damning. Will sell him after this GW so.

Fúck me that stat is fairly damning. Will sell him after this GW so.

He does still have set pieces obviously, and he will get points. It's not him it's Pep. In the current formation and pattern of play he's nowhere near worth 10m

• Advertisement

Ps. I think that's my favourite gif of all time.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ps. I think that's my favourite gif of all time.... :)

Ahem. Perhaps you need a cup of tea before you say anything too hasty....

mickmccarthytea.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Don't speak too fast. Even Pep sometimes doesn't know what Pep's thinking about :pac:...

True and I am keeping him for the moment.

But he's the most expensive player in the game and I can understand people favouring a Spurs mid to him to strentghen their team elsewhere. If you put it into perspective Kane + £5.5m mid = Alli/Eriksen + Vardy. Nor sure the first combo is better ;).

Now reshuffling one's team with hits including Kane out this week is another story.

But if he blanks vs Burnley he's out 'cause he'll become a threat to the overall balance and flexibility of my team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Ditto, Eriksen seems the best replacement and will inevitably rise. Kicking myself for not having him in for GW1 but wanted City coverage.

Only thing is that he I imagine he will come good at some stage and is explosive. He's too good not to.

Only 18 points between them in the end of last season in Eriksens favour, Ericksen does seems more consistant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Discuss.

I assume they put him in on the basis that Everton won't go 7 games without scoring, so if they score it will be him. So at 7.0M he was an ok option.

As an Everton fan I didn't place him in.

In relation to reading that Ferdainho has more touches in the box than KDB, does that include headers? I'm assuming so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Coutinho staying. Lessens the appeal of the likes of Salah even further.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

KevIRL wrote: »
    Mane is the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mane is the man

Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

KevIRL wrote: »
    It furthers his appeal in my eyes. They seemed completely on the same wavelength when played in pre season. the others taking that bit longer to spot Salah
    Gini will get the chop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Chesty08 wrote: »
    It furthers his appeal in my eyes. They seemed completely on the same wavelength when played in pre season. the others taking that bit longer to spot Salah
    Gini will get the chop

Agree

Advertisement