Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

Somewhat surprised to see Willians position as precarious... Was strongly considering bring him in for Fabregas. Will rethink that one now.

Hazard is back soon, and he will be a massive rotation risk as he is less preferred to Pedro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Don't worry, I understand variance and all of that, and the side is not my opinion, far from it, and all of the selections are made on exp. points. It is moreso for the general follower who is interested in getting their points tally higher.

Nicely explained. Bookmarked and looking forward to transfer picks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Hazard is back soon, and he will be a massive rotation risk as he is less preferred to Pedro.

Sold Willian this week since Haz is back in training + he may get some minutes this week.

Fabregas and Pedro will also be knocking about so off time to get off the Willian train

Willian was doing reasonably well too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

As for Gabbiadini... Boardies will be turning in their own graves. (if they were dead obviously).

My personal opinion on Gabbi was the same as all other boardsie's :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Any advice on who to drop from these? Need to drop one and unsure whether to go 4-3-3 or 3-4-3

Bertrand (hud), Jones (LEI), Lowe (sou), TFM (SWA), Ritchie (WHU)

Team is currently dropping Ritchie:

Foster

Bertrand, Jones, Lowe, TFM (Long)

Mane, KDB, Mooy. (Ritchie, Carroll)

Lukaku, Kane, Firmino

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any advice on who to drop from these? Need to drop one and unsure whether to go 4-3-3 or 3-4-3

Bertrand (hud), Jones (LEI), Lowe (sou), TFM (SWA), Ritchie (WHU)

Team is currently dropping Ritchie:

Foster

Bertrand, Jones, Lowe, TFM (Long)

Mane, KDB, Mooy. (Ritchie, Carroll)

Lukaku, Kane, Firmino
    I'd pick Richie over Lowe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I know each persons personal preference will be different, but how much of a points hit does it take before you'd wildcard? -12? -16? More?

Just getting my ducks in a row and it's likely that I'll definitely need shift on Stephens and Ward-Prowse after this gameweek (JWP needs to go now but I don't want to take another hit this week) and De Bruyne plus Gabbiadini and Willian are strong possibilities too.

I could well be looking at a -12 and strongly considering wildcarding at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Paully D wrote: »
    I know each persons personal preference will be different, but how much of a points hit does it take before you'd wildcard? -12? -16? More?

Just getting my ducks in a row and it's likely that I'll definitely need shift on Stephens and Ward-Prowse after this gameweek (JWP needs to go now but I don't want to take another hit this week) and De Bruyne plus Gabbiadini are strong possibilities too.

I could well be looking at a -12 and strongly considering wildcarding at that point.

Probably -12 for me.

I have Stephens too but will still hold. It'll take a while for the new Dutch guy to bed in, and longer for VVD to be "rehabilitated", and that's if he stays. Yoshida may even be left out before Stephens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Just getting my ducks in a row and it's likely that I'll definitely need shift on Stephens and Ward-Prowse after this gameweek (JWP needs to go now but I don't want to take another hit this week) and De Bruyne plus Gabbiadini and Willian are strong possibilities too.

The very maximum I'd take is -12, and that would only be under desperate circumstances.

I'd take -8 alright maybe once or twice if I felt I had to.

The only time you should be looking to take those sort of hits is if you're building value so that you can have almost all the big hitters for the second half of the season at least. Even then, you'd still have a lot of catching up to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Just getting my ducks in a row and it's likely that I'll definitely need shift on Stephens and Ward-Prowse after this gameweek (JWP needs to go now but I don't want to take another hit this week) and De Bruyne plus Gabbiadini are strong possibilities too.

When I see -12, I think wow that's a crazy hit. Yet, I have on lots of occasions taken -4 hits for 3/4 weeks running. I wonder what the pros and cons of doing a -12 hit once over 3GWS vs. 3GWs of -4s....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

sheroman01 wrote: »
    When I see -12, I think wow that's a crazy hit. Yet, I have on lots of occasions taken -4 hits for 3/4 weeks running. I wonder what the pros and cons of doing a -12 hit once over 3GWS vs. 3GWs of -4s....

When you take - 4 three weeks in a row you made 6 transfers at a cost of 12 points.

When you do - 12 in one week you only make 4 transfers at the same cost.

Quite a difference, but if it has to be done in one go I see no problem :)

Of course you will still have free transfers in a weeks to come so it will even out over three weeks, before someone points out math failure to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

sheroman01 wrote: »
    The kind of player who takes a -12 is unlikely to sit on his hands and take no hits for the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

It depends upon the context. Early on like now, I'd consider playing my WC from -12. Though, I'd really hate to play my WC before the transfer window closes. Imagine 2-3 late big signings and you may be down for a second WC without the point deduction freezing...

Now, in terms of points hits, there's almost no limit for me. Again, it's totally linked with the context. Let's say you don't have a WC and plan for a -12 to change unperforming players. But you get 3 injuries and 2 RC on top of that. What do you do? Do you trust your bench? Do you only field 10, 9 players? Or do you go for a mid-term planning 32 pts hits? That's an extreme example but I already advised a colleague to go for a 24 pts hits. Immediate returns. And back on tracks for the season finale. When your team is in tatters, you may lose more ground if you don't stop the bleeding. Ask FutureGuy. He's famous for his huge successful pts hits :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

-8 is the most I'd go to hold onto a wildcard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Exactly, especially this early in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Have a massive decision to make, hold Aguero or bring in Kane before the weekend. I've already went
    Walters & Jesus to Pogba & Chicharito last Sunday for a -4.
    I'm edging towards taking the -8, the Kane fear is growing, he could pay for the -8 himself this weekend. However if he blanks I'm probably losing 0.2m on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Explain the Richarlison love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

manual_man wrote: »

Looked dangerous when he came on against Liverpool, scored v Bournemouth, has reasonable fixtures and is a Kane enabler for those who need the cash to upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Has scored and is cheap. Also has the best shots in box per minute of everyone who has played at least 45 minutes. One every 21 minutes. Cant last though surely.

Benimar wrote: »
    Looked dangerous when he came on against Liverpool, scored v Bournemouth, has reasonable fixtures and is a Kane enabler for those who need the cash to upgrade.
    dsmythy wrote: »
    Has scored and is cheap. Also has the best shots in box per minute of everyone who has played at least 45 minutes. One every 21 minutes. Cant last though surely.

Yeah am curious all the same. Next fixture good and then so-so after. Not really buying in to Watford being a force either. I seem to remember Hull getting off to a flyer under Silva as well, but it didn't take long for them to turn to shít after.

• Advertisement

Davinson Sanchez officially signs for Spurs. Could spell trouble for other centre backs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

A good read will tune in again for analysis.

I disagree with Tarkowski being at fault for the west brom goal. That was Stephen Wards fault imo. He came to clear a ball as Tarkowski running back with chasing forward. Momentum could only take the ball in one direction should he not clear it properly and you can see he pulls out the clearance and half heartedly attempts to clear it. Sean dyche will be all over ward for the sloppy mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Davinson Sanchez officially signs for Spurs. Could spell trouble for other centre backs

I imagine it will free up Dier to move back to midfield as an option once he is settled.

Rumours of Vertongen moving on. He's on half the money of Dier and Alderweireld and ain't too happy bout it

Anyone seeing how southampton are lining up tonight? Livescore has heir new CB playing with Stephens moved into midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Anyone seeing how southampton are lining up tonight? Livescore has heir new CB playing with Stephens moved into midfield.

And that's their old new centre back Bednarek, not their new new one....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Same for me outside of some very extreme circumstances. Pretty sure I've never taken a 12 pointer before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

iroced wrote: »
    It depends upon the context. Early on like now, I'd consider playing my WC from -12. Though, I'd really hate to play my WC before the transfer window closes. Imagine 2-3 late big signings and you may be down for a second WC without the point deduction freezing...

Now, in terms of points hits, there's almost no limit for me. Again, it's totally linked with the context. Let's say you don't have a WC and plan for a -12 to change unperforming players. But you get 3 injuries and 2 RC on top of that. What do you do? Do you trust your bench? Do you only field 10, 9 players? Or do you go for a mid-term planning 32 pts hits? That's an extreme example but I already advised a colleague to go for a 24 pts hits. Immediate returns. And back on tracks for the season finale. When your team is in tatters, you may lose more ground if you don't stop the bleeding. Ask FutureGuy. He's famous for his huge successful pts hits :D!

I think a -12 to save WC (and presumably TV) is OK whilst the transfer window is open.

It's better for the peace of mind instead of three GWs of a -4.

I am open to more hits this year but it's againat the grain for me...... Took the drop on Jesus instead of taking a hit. (Kane and Lukaku were out of reach)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ElTel wrote: »
    I think a -12 to save WC (and presumably TV) is OK whilst the transfer window is open.

It's better for the peace of mind instead of three GWs of a -4.

I agree with ya as long as you cool the jets after the 12 point hit it works out the same and lets you play the fixtures/form/team value in one swoop.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wenger says Sanchez may start this weekend.

Either way, is anyone making plans to get him in over the next few weeks? He could be a game changer for many and I can't see his ownership being too high early on at that price.

Advertisement