Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Paully D wrote: »
    Wenger says Sanchez may start this weekend.

Either way, is anyone making plans to get him in over the next few weeks? He could be a game changer for many and I can't see his ownership being too high early on at that price.

He is very expensive, I could do it in 2 transfers but leaves me with only 2 strikers. It's going to be a tough decision but more than likely will. Might wildcard after the international break and get a few players in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hi All,

New article up about who we thought were the winners and losers in GW2.

More of a trivial read than anything :)

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/08/24/the-good-the-bad-and-the-rooney/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Either way, is anyone making plans to get him in over the next few weeks? He could be a game changer for many and I can't see his ownership being too high early on at that price.
    Am I right in saying that his current low ownership will mean his price will shoot up? He's currently owned by 2.1% of players so just 96,000 people. Is the threshold for a price rise based off his ownership (ie does he need less transfers in than Lukaku to get a rise)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that his current low ownership will mean his price will shoot up? He's currently owned by 2.1% of players so just 96,000 people. Is the threshold for a price rise based off his ownership (ie does he need less transfers in than Lukaku to get a rise)?

No all players require the same amount of Net Transfers In to go up in price whereas it's based off player ownership for price falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Peter Kouwenberg's team (no 1 FFS HOF, top 300 3 years running):

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/36298/event/2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

WOW :eek: How does he do it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

WOW :eek: How does he do it like?

I know even the famed Willy Wonka slipped last year to 22000 after 8 top 5000 finishes including 4 top 1000 finishes. I'd say those lads don't get out much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Wenger says Sanchez may start this weekend.

Away to Liverpool and Chelsea in the next 3. I think it would be a good idea to wait til after those.

Zlatan re signs for United. Probably won't be the best fantasy punt this year but will be interested to see what price he will be at

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Quite similar to my team & score, although I've now wildcarded...

He has 2 Free Transfers and already has Mkhitaryan and Kane, so in his position I'd have held the WC (as he has done). Interesting to see what transfers he's made, starting with 2 x £4.5 mids is an interesting strategy.

• Advertisement

Zlatan re signs for United. Probably won't be the best fantasy punt this year but will be interested to see what price he will be at

Surely he'll take some game time off Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'd say those lads don't get out much.

Aye, non stop riding FF groupies keeps em busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

manual_man wrote: »

Zlatan will affect Miki's time on the pitch aswell as he's more then capable of playing in #10 role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

manual_man wrote: »

Think he's aiming for a return at the end of October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

It's bad news from a FF point of view
    He will be back at a time when rotation is most likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

With today's Champions League draw, it's worth pointing out that Chelsea face Arsenal, City, United and Liverpool directly after midweek Champions League ties, while City are away from home in the Premier League for 4 of their 6.

I'd expect plenty of rotation there.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Zlatan will affect Miki's time on the pitch aswell as he's more then capable of playing in #10 role

You think Mourinho would start Zlatan and Lukaku together though? I couldn't see it myself. I'm more inclined to think that if they're sharing time on the pitch it will be in a scenario where Man U are chasing the game fairly late in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Think he's aiming for a return at the end of October

José has already said he'll be a big part of the second half of the season. I can't see him playing till December/January no matter how strong he is there's two holes in his knee with some foreign tissue screwed in place in there. You can't rush that side of the recovery as the knee will need time to accept the changes and turn hamstring to ligament

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

PVA wrote: »
    Quite similar to my team & score, although I've now wildcarded...

He has 2 Free Transfers and already has Mkhitaryan and Kane, so in his position I'd have held the WC (as he has done). Interesting to see what transfers he's made, starting with 2 x £4.5 mids is an interesting strategy.

He's made 2 transfers so far this week.

Ville Ronke (another legend who had a blip last year) is the one who most likely swapped KDB for Eriksen https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/767113/event/2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Any more than 8 million and he surely won't be worth any sort of a punt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭Invincible

elefant wrote: »

I'd go as far as 8.5, he could get his share of games if Lukaku is rested before CL.

elefant wrote: »
    Invincible wrote: »
    I'd go as far as 8.5, he could get his share of games if Lukaku is rested before CL.

I'd imagine he'll be 10.0 to be honest or thereabouts.

Could get some gametime initially amongst rotation with Champions League games, League Cup and PL congestion.

From a United perspective, it's great to see him back but FPL wise I'd be steering clear *initially*, better and more nailed on options available to fill the 3 forward positions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

I have sh*t the bed and wildcarded. I am bringing Sanchez in. Currently my team looks like...J7EmvA.jpg

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Raoul wrote: »
    I have sh*t the bed and wildcarded. I am bringing Sanchez in. Currently my team looks like...J7EmvA.jpg

Thoughts?

Would go Luiz over Rudiger

Don't like Calvert-Lewin for the time being

callaway92 wrote: »
    Would go Luiz over Rudiger

Don't like Calvert-Lewin for the time being

He is bench fodder. But a 5m striker that is currently playing. Thought that was decent. Went with Rudiger as he is cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'd imagine he'll be 10.0 to be honest or thereabouts.

Could get some gametime initially amongst rotation with Champions League games, League Cup and PL congestion.

From a United perspective, it's great to see him back but FPL wise I'd be steering clear, better and more nailed on options available to fill the 3 forward positions

I agree he has to be close to that price. What if Lukaku is injured for example. Suddenly there's a low priced monster around.

Would slot RLC in place of Cork
    Don't expect Fabregas to be regular starter going forward.

Why do you not expect Fabregas to be a regular?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looks like Yoshida has signed a new contract...

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »

Why do you not expect Fabregas to be a regular?
    Going on last year's team,he was only a bit part player, with Hazard to return his place has to be in doubt?

Advertisement