Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Invincible wrote: »
    Going on last year's team,he was only a bit part player, with Hazard to return his place has to be in doubt?

I thought Willian would miss out when Hazard returns?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'd imagine he'll be 10.0 to be honest or thereabouts.

Could get some gametime initially amongst rotation with Champions League games, League Cup and PL congestion.

From a United perspective, it's great to see him back but FPL wise I'd be steering clear *initially*, better and more nailed on options available to fill the 3 forward positions

Called it Father H.

He's added and he's 10.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

No sign of him or any of the new signings being added to the draft game either. Really poor by them, bad enough they missed players to be added last week. They actually have time this week. Ah sure next year it'll be more slick I'm sure.

I've no idea why the developers act like a leaving cert student who woke up the day before his exams, panics, crams all day and night and desperately hopes that examiners (players) have drank a bottle of whiskey before correcting it 😂.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Raoul wrote: »
    I have sh*t the bed and wildcarded. I am bringing Sanchez in. Currently my team looks like...J7EmvA.jpg

Thoughts?
    That whole defence looks like a punt. Go buy yourself some big players at medium clubs rather than trying to get United/Chelsea coverage for the sake of it. Every one of that backline could be dropped any week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looks like Yoshida has signed a new contract...

Celebrate with a goal Yoshi son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Fabregas and Willian be rotated when everyone is fit for Chelsea and Haz is back. Depending on what each individual game needs they'll be used accordingly. Not to say they're not gona get the odd start but Pedro, Haz and Morata should be up top, with Kante and Bakayoko cms, with alonso and moses as wing backs and 3 cbs.

Conte did change it up a bit for Spurs but I reckon he'll go with something similar to last years team

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

km79 wrote: »
    Celebrate with a goal Yoshi son

Not that my Southampton Defence advice should be heeded (I'm still waiting a year of Florin Gardos to make his return to the first team :p) but.....

Here is my current Southampton Defence analysis

I own Yoshida in a draft league and I'm getting worried for his gametime, they've spent £15 Million on Hoedt, and I'd be expecting him to play despite knowing nothing about him, that's very close to the club record transfer fee* (record is Lemina (rumoured to be between £15.4-£18 Million))

I don't think they'd spend that and have Hoedt sitting on the bench.

*The record signing of Lemina has made me sell JWP as I think his price tag makes him a near certain starter and JWP was a gamble to begin with.

And if no solid bids come in for VVD and he's re-integrated into the squad, that'll be 4 players fighting over to berths; Yoshida, Stephens, Hoedt, VVD.
    And 2 other CBs there too that have little chance of league minutes (Bednarek and Gardos).

I've gone with Bertrand as my Southampton cover as his place is under little threat from 'Super' Matty Targett and McQueen and but will be looking to save funds in my wildcard next week and I see a certain Portuguese RB only has Pied as competition for his place.

I still think Forster is the best Saints defensive cover options for those who haven't got burned by his dodgy performances like what happened when I owned him last season, De Gea is currently in goal for me and can't see me changing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That whole defence looks like a punt. Go buy yourself some big players at medium clubs rather than trying to get United/Chelsea coverage for the sake of it. Every one of that backline could be dropped any week

I think you're being unnecessarily harsh on his team there.
    Rudiger - Luiz are both 6m I believe so I'd make that change likely.
    Jones-Cedric-Bavies are in a high number of teams with Bavies being most at risk IMO when Rose returns but should be ok for now.
    I don't see Cedric losing his place and barring injury Jones should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone shed any light on manes gametime after int breaks ?
    Reluctant to bring him in this week as they have the early ko away to city gw4
    Not necessarily worried about the 2 PL fixtures he has as they do well against top 6 teams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

km79 wrote: »
    Anyone shed any light on manes gametime after int breaks ?
    Reluctant to bring him in this week as they have the early ko away to city gw4
    Not necessarily worried about the 2 PL fixtures he has as they do well against top 6 teams

Think a bit depends on coutinho but he's has 2 games for Senegal the 2nd and the 5th so he has 4 days until they play city so don't see it being a problem tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I think you're being unnecessarily harsh on his team there.
    Rudiger - Luiz are both 6m I believe so I'd make that change likely.
    Jones-Cedric-Bavies are in a high number of teams with Bavies being most at risk IMO when Rose returns but should be ok for now.
    I don't see Cedric losing his place and barring injury Jones should be ok.

Yeah sorry unlikely they'll ALL get dropped but I'd have question marks over all of them.

Jones will be gone once Lindelof is up to speed IMO.
    Bavies similarly with Rose (I suspect they may sign a new defender too)
    Southampton have bought a lot of defenders in the past week.
    I suspect Conte's first choice back 3 is Cahill/Luiz/Azpilicueta.
    Mbemba was just filling in for a week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

shineon23 wrote: »
    Not that my Southampton Defence advice should be heeded (I'm still waiting a year of Florin Gardos to make his return to the first team :p) but.....

Here is my current Southampton Defence analysis

I own Yoshida in a draft league and I'm getting worried for his gametime, they've spent £15 Million on Hoedt, and I'd be expecting him to play despite knowing nothing about him, that's very close to the club record transfer fee* (record is Lemina (rumoured to be between £15.4-£18 Million))

I don't think they'd spend that and have Hoedt sitting on the bench.

*The record signing of Lemina has made me sell JWP as I think his price tag makes him a near certain starter and JWP was a gamble to begin with.

And if no solid bids come in for VVD and he's re-integrated into the squad, that'll be 4 players fighting over to berths; Yoshida, Stephens, Hoedt, VVD.
    And 2 other CBs there too that have little chance of league minutes (Bednarek and Gardos).

I've gone with Bertrand as my Southampton cover as his place is under little threat from 'Super' Matty Targett and McQueen and but will be looking to save funds in my wildcard next week and I see a certain Portuguese RB only has Pied as competition for his place.

I still think Forster is the best Saints defensive cover options for those who haven't got burned by his dodgy performances like what happened when I owned him last season, De Gea is currently in goal for me and can't see me changing that.

I'm on a wildcard and will likely have Bertrand - also a Saints fan and agree with the above!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry unlikely they'll ALL get dropped but I'd have question marks over all of them.

Jones will be gone once Lindelof is up to speed IMO.
    Bavies similarly with Rose (I suspect they may sign a new defender too)
    Southampton have bought a lot of defenders in the past week.
    I suspect Conte's first choice back 3 is Cahill/Luiz/Azpilicueta.
    Mbemba was just filling in for a week

Agree with you on Mbemba but if Newcastle get another cb injury he will be straight in (not that I would really like to be starting a Newcastle defender).

I have changed Rudiger to David Luiz, for some reason, I thought that he was cheaper. I think Cedric is pretty much a guaranteed starter.

Lindelof hasn't impressed at all so far. So I think as long as Jones does well, he will keep his place.

Davies has looked good. Hopefully Rose leaves the club and he will be a guaranteed starter.

I am now worrried about Cesc. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Raoul wrote: »

Lindelof hasn't impressed at all so far. So I think as long as Jones stays fit, he will keep his place.

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hi All,

Stats team preview for GW3!

A very surprising captain choice

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/08/25/gameweek-3-odds-on-fpl-team/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Hi All,

Why is RLC red-flagged there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

elefant wrote:

He's ruled out by De Boer

Sorry, shouldn't have posted, just realized Paddy posted in other thread. Apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

spock. wrote: »

Just rested? He's not showing as red for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

spock. wrote: »
    elefant wrote: »
    Just rested? He's not showing as red for me.

Groin injury as reported on FFS, just set to miss this game apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Hi All,

Hi Shano,

Just wondering about the betting side. What is you view on whether there is there value for money in betting on goalscorers? Better or worse then match betting?
    Have you noticed any distortions in the betting markets based on popular players/teams etc?

Jaggo wrote: »
    Hi Shano,

Just wondering about the betting side. What is you view on whether there is there value for money in betting on goalscorers? Better or worse then match betting?
    Have you noticed any distortions in the betting markets based on popular players/teams etc?

Hi mate,

In terms on betting on goalscorers, I don't do it that frequently as generally the bookies odds are quite accurate. In my own head, I would price players up myself and then see what the bookies are pricing at to see if there is value there from my own personal opinion.

An example would be Lukaku to score anytime is 8/13 against Leicester worst odds which I think is roughly accurate. However, he's 5/6 best odds which I think is a decent price but if I was placing a bet I would want evens because I think that would be big value.

There will always be distortions in the markets depending on the player. Messi in his prime was sometimes 7/2 to score a hat trick which is insane. But this is all just personal opinion on odds and value.

Any more questions just fire away, hope this helped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Fantasy football manager app (android) not working for anyone else?

thewools wrote: »
    Fantasy football manager app (android) not working for anyone else?

Fine here .just needed to be updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Who to play? Mee or arter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

elefant wrote: »

I'm presuming because the world hates me, but can't confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

Looking to harness the collective wisdom here:cool:

Should I play Courtois or Foster this weekend?

:confused::)

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Who to play? Mee or arter?

Close. Weigh up YCs and pot-shots versus goals conceded....Arter if your a Kane owner.

scotchy wrote: »
    Looking to harness the collective wisdom here:cool:

Should I play Courtois or Foster this weekend?

:confused::)

Courtois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Any idea how long RLC is out for, and who'll take his place?

Advertisement