Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

JWP could be the first victim of retrospective punishment for diving if what I've just seen was actually a dive. Looked to be no contact.

Also Mitrovic just threw an elbow into the gob of Lanzini just now. Could also be punished retrospectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Well, that's the end of Kevin! Mane in maybe? Wait for Haz or Sanchez?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

-=al=- wrote: »
    Well, that's the end of Kevin! Mane in maybe? Wait for Haz or Sanchez?

:pac:

Silva/Pogba/mhkitaryan are the other obvious options.

Mata is also worth a risk

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Huddersfield have signed Rob green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What are the thoughts on Liverpool attacking coverage? It looks essential, but look at their upcoming fixture list:

Man City (A)
    4 days later - Sevilla (H), Champions League
    3 days later - Burnley (H)
    3 days later - Leicester (A), Caraboa Cup
    4 days later - Leicester (A)
    3 days later - Spartak Moscow (A), Champions League
    5 days later - Newcastle (A)

7 games in 25 days, including 4 away games in a row.

Then after the following international break they go:

United (H)
    3 days later - Maribor (A), Champions League
    4 days later - Spurs (A)
    5 days later - Huddersfield (H)
    4 days later - Maribo (H), Champions League
    3 days later - West Ham (A)

6 games in 19 days.

Coutinho is also going to be back in the mix if he isn't sold next week.

You could easily get into a situation where your choice of coverage is rested against say Burnley (H) or Huddersfield (H).

Very, very difficult to know what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Mane is the man to get I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Paully D wrote: »
    What are the thoughts on Liverpool attacking coverage? It looks essential, but look at their upcoming fixture list:

Man City (A)

United (H)
    4 days later - Spurs (A)

6 games in 19 days.

You could easily get into a situation where your choice of coverage is rested against say Burnley (H) or Huddersfield (H).

I looked at this at start of season and correctly predicted rotation so stayed away
    I was absolutely destroyed in main work league again today
    I'll be getting mane and or firmino

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Out of all those I'd be surprised if Mane and Firmino missed more than one game, bar the League cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    I looked at this at start of season and correctly predicted rotation so stayed away
    Of the front 3 that were the only real considerations only salah missed 1 game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Southampton have conceded the most shots from headers this season. So had to have a peak at who is doing what in aerial duels. Stephens has been involved in 12 and won 2. Worst percentage for Southampton. Indeed one of the worst in the whole entire league for defenders. Maybe he's better as a defensive mid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Man City (A)

United (H)
    4 days later - Spurs (A)

6 games in 19 days.

I'd expect huge rotation in the Caraboa Cup game. So you've three games in a week:

Man City (A)

And then a week break with that game out of the quation. The Sevilla game is at home that week so no travel involved.

The Moscow game is the problem.

That said, which is more important to Klopp - CL or PL? I'd say the PL because Liverpool need to qualify for the Champions League again and I can't see another '05 happening.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd expect huge rotation in the Caraboa Cup game. So you've three games in a week:

Man City (A)

And then a week break with that game out of the quation. The Sevilla game is at home that week so no travel involved.

That said, which is more important to Klopp - CL or PL? I'd say the PL because Liverpool need to qualify for the Champions League again and I can't see another '05 happening.

Well he rested his keeper today ! And played Moreno :D

Lemlin wrote: »

Man City (A)

I reckon they have a better chance of winning the cl over the pl. Teams will attack them in the cl and that suits them. Teams will set up to frustrate them and lots of set piece type teams in pl more than capable of taking points off them. On rotation the Burnley at home game is the one you would be worried about for rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I reckon they have a better chance of winning the cl over the pl. Teams will attack them in the cl and that suits them. Teams will set up to frustrate them and lots of set piece type teams in pl more than capable of taking points off them. On rotation the Burnley at home game is the one you would be worried about for rotation.

I actually think there won't be rotation for Burnley. It's 3 days before the Carabao Cup game so the full XI will be rested midweek.

Rotation against Burnley means players going 10 days without a game, something I don't foresee.

Benimar wrote: »
    I actually think there won't be rotation for Burnley. It's 3 days before the Carabao Cup game so the full XI will be rested midweek.

Rotation against Burnley means players going 10 days without a game, something I don't foresee.

Possibly ye. I don't think the Newcastle game is an issue either as its last game before the international break.

@samuelluckhurst: Mourinho admits Phil Jones has been playing with an injury, despite his excellent form #mufc http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-fixtures-mourinho-13535774

FF Scout estimating a £0.2m drop for Kane, also saying that a £0.3m could be a realistic possibility.

I'm on a wildcard and perhaps stupidly want to keep faith with him so if he dropped by that much I'd certainly be bringing him back at the cheaper price.

Can't see it though. I think £0.2m is even being optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FF Scout estimating a £0.2m drop for Kane, also saying that a £0.3m could be a realistic possibility.

I'm on a wildcard and perhaps stupidly want to keep faith with him so if he dropped by that much I'd certainly be bringing him back at the cheaper price.

You can still get Morata, Firmino or even J Rodriguez in for him just in case (unless your forward has some value locked in)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Has anyone dropped twice in a game week yet? His stats imply he will have a good week soon. Lies and statistics. Hope he does drop as once he starts scoring I am thinking of lukaku to him and I am short. 0.1 Hard to see a double drop though as alot of people will only transfer him out when he is heading to a drop so the second drop might not happen till the first day of the next game week

sword1 wrote: »
    Has anyone dropped twice in a game week yet? His stats imply he will have a good week soon. Lies and statistics. Hope he does drop as once he starts scoring I am thinking of lukaku to him and I am short. 0.1 Hard to see a double drop though as alot of people will only transfer him out when he is heading to a drop so the second drop might not happen till the first day of the next game week

Lot of players don't even realise how close a player is to drop, not everyone is looking at fpl stats and the likes.
    They will panic sell now after 4 points in 3 weeks.

I wouldn't be surprised if he drops by 0.2 in two weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Am I being too stupid here or can I sell Kane right no for 10.5m, bring in somebody else such as Jesus and then after next GW just reverse my transfer and buy Kane back for 0.2m less?

wardides wrote: »
    Am I being too stupid here or can I sell Kane right no for 10.5m, bring in somebody else such as Jesus and then after next GW just reverse my transfer and buy Kane back for 0.2m less?

That's it :)

You can even do it before next game week deadline ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

yea of course

Yes

City have offered cash + Sterling for Alexis.

If a deal like happens, it makes Sterling a very intriguing FPL prospect too (as well as Sanchez of course).

Arsenal rumoured to be wanting Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Renato Sanchez apparently going to Swansea on loan, Sanchez to City, Sterling to Arsenal - don't know how anyone could play a wildcard before we see how this all plays out and the dust settles!

Thinking of dropping Kane and KDB and getting Morata and Ali. GW5 or later, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Renato Sanchez apparently going to Swansea on loan, Sanchez to City, Sterling to Arsenal - don't know how anyone could play a wildcard before we see how this all plays out and the dust settles!

Thinking of dropping Kane and KDB and getting Morata and Ali. GW5 or later, though.

Agreed, if Sanchez goes, I'll look to raise 2.0 from somewhere and get him in for KDB. Would surely be nailed on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Agreed, if Sanchez goes, I'll look to raise 2.0 from somewhere and get him in for KDB. Would surely be nailed on

Knowing Pep, Sanchez will probably play left wingback.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

MagicIRL wrote: »

I played my wildcard last week and more than happy with my set up for the coming weeks/months. Figured at the time, the only players that could cause a headache are Sanchez and Hazard, along with new players to the PL (such as Renato Sanchez). Anyone priced £10.5m or above would likely entail a points hit and weakening of another area of the squad.

For players like Sterling, or anyone else £9.5 or below, this is not a factor. They can be traded in and out for existing players, however they would need to show more promise than the likes of Eriksen, Alli, Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Mane, Salah etc. You can't own everyone!

If you're going to spend £12m on Sanchez you need to be captaining him, and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that based on current form/attitude, coupled with a potential new club. I LOVE owning Sanchez, he's a little wizard! IF he joins a new club and IF he starts showing form, and IF his price dips a little lower... then he becomes a real target. But that's a lot of IF's for the 2nd most expensive player in the game, a full £1m more than his starting price last year? I would be wary of captaining him until he has at least 3-4 games under his belt, at Arsenal or a new club. I say this as a recent Kane captainer...

As with all potential bandwagons, timing is everything. Do you want to get on 3 weeks too early, or 1 week too late?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »

This. Going without Liverpool coverage has killed me in general. I still don't know who to get but I'll be getting somebody!

Advertisement