Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »
    FF Scout estimating a £0.2m drop for Kane, also saying that a £0.3m could be a realistic possibility.

I'm on a wildcard and perhaps stupidly want to keep faith with him so if he dropped by that much I'd certainly be bringing him back at the cheaper price.

Can't see it though. I think £0.2m is even being optimistic.

Absolutely. Most of the FFS lads haven't a clue.

I'd be very surprised if he drops more than once. I'm holding for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Charles OCK

FHFC wrote: »
    I still don't know who to get but I'll be getting somebody!

Its difficult to pick a Liverpool player, especially from the midfield with all the chopping and changing.

Emre Can has been mentioned on here previously, but does he produce enough points to warrant selection?

Henderson is solid but not a FF player imo.

Wijnaldum perhaps is the safest bet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Its difficult to pick a Liverpool player, especially from the midfield with all the chopping and changing.

Emre Can has been mentioned on here previously, but does he produce enough points to warrant selection?

Salah firmino and mane are all great options. Salah really gives you your moneys worth as an owner he has 4/5 chances a game. Mane hasn't been getting as many chances but has been playing great and his finishing has been very good. Firmino will tick along nicely and is picking up bps better than the other 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Charles OCK

Salah firmino and mane are all great options. Salah really gives you your moneys worth as an owner he has 4/5 chances a game. Mane hasn't been getting as many chances but has been playing great and his finishing has been very good. Firmino will tick along nicely and is picking up bps better than the other 2.

Apologies should have specified players in the deeper midfield roles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

It has to be one of Salah, Mané, Firmino or Coutinho (if he stays) imo. I've gone with Firmino from the start which has worked out ok. Would have preferred Mané but because of his price selecting him would have weakened my team in other areas. I don't think any other Pool player at present will score points regularly enough to be able to overlook those 4.

Edit: Ah ya, see you meant the more defensive mid players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Not seen it mentioned here, but Mark Sutherns wildcarded today. Slightly surprising as he seems to have a decent team, but what do I know compared to him :P

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/370/event/3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Good evening from the ITV London news desk. Our top story tonight :

Fantasy football hall of famer Mark Sutherns has played his wild card.

In other news, North Korea has fired missiles over Japan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

His defense is in bits and he's obviously getting Kdb and possibly Kane/Abraham out!

I can't decide over getting Firmino.. Probably leave it since I've Mane

Salah has more chances but not as good a finisher as Mane. Mane just looks more composed in the final third. Salah is tempting saving .5

Kane will drop .1 with the market so sloooooow this year. It gets worse every year. Surprised if anyone makes .1 on the WC's

Only just watching MOTD2. Liverpool won't get an easier game this season. I need Liverpool cover and leaning towards Salah. But will he get those 4/5 chances against teams that are actually organised and can defend without leaving acres of space in behind?

Only just watching MOTD2. Liverpool won't get an easier game this season. I need Liverpool cover and leaning towards Salah. But will he get those 4/5 chances against teams that are actually organised and can defend without leaving acres of space in behind?

He has had 4/5 chances in every game he has started. Granted hoffenheim also went all out attack against Liverpool . He also got a load of chances in any pre season game I saw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

If they sign lemar and keep Coutinho rotation could become a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭Invincible

He has had 4/5 chances in every game he has started. Granted hoffenheim also went all out attack against Liverpool . He also got a load of chances in any pre season game I saw.

His 29 minute cameo in GW2 was the reason for transferring him out, need consistent gametime at his price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Invincible wrote: »
    His 29 minute cameo in GW2 was the reason for transferring him out, need consistent gametime at his price point.

That's fair enough but even if he gets rotated slightly more often he is .5M cheaper. He'll miss chances yes but if he cuts out the offsides and his mates can keep up his baseline bps will improve.

Firmino seems the best pick for me but Mane ahead of Salah is not as definite for me as it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭Invincible

ElTel wrote: »
    That's fair enough but even if he gets rotated slightly more often he is .5M cheaper. He'll miss chances yes but if he cuts out the offsides and his mates can keep up his baseline bps will improve.

Firmino seems the best pick for me but Mane ahead of Salah is not as definite for me as it was.

If/when Coutinho returns, will Salah not be more likely to be more of a doubt than Mane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Invincible wrote: »
    If/when Coutinho returns, will Salah not be more likely to be more of a doubt than Mane?

Coutinho will play in midfield, with Can or Wijnaldum missing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yea Coutinho will most likely play left cm in a 433 which could have him linking up with Mane quite nicely

I've .1 tied up in Mane since I got for 9.5 but I'd be pretty content gettin Salah now for 9 tbh. A little rotation risk but .5 saved elsewhere is pretty big. The Salah/Mane debate is a lot closer then it was with salads recent returns indeedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

So Liverpool have agreed a fee for the ox, anyone with good knowledge of Liverpool team know where he's likely to slot in and if it'll effect any of the nice ff players?
    And same again if Lemar joins too? Are the Liverpool midfielders just becoming a minefield like city (ff wise)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hogey007 wrote: »
    So Liverpool have agreed a fee for the ox, anyone with good knowledge of Liverpool team know where he's likely to slot in and if it'll effect any of the nice ff players?
    And same again if Lemar joins too? Are the Liverpool midfielders just becoming a minefield like city (ff wise)

Rumour is he left Arsenal because he wants to play in central midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Serge Aurier's got his work permit at Spurs. Can't be good news for Trippier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hi All,

New post regarding new player Krychowiak and what to expect

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/08/30/fantasy-premier-league-grzegorz-krychowiak/

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »

I think ox will be an option in the middle 3. Would play a similar role to lallana. I don't know much about lemar.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Gibbs could be a solid option at 5.0, with the signing of Krychowiak it'll see WBA tighten up even more. Obviously many have Foster and/or Hegazi already, but Gibbs gets forward a bit too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Is Lemar not a left winger, no?

Renato Sanchez to Swansea. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What the plural of Sanchez

A lot Sanchez'ises moving about this week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Except it's Renato Sanches. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

It's Sanchi I believe.

One Sanchez, two Sanchi :P

EDIT: On a more serious note, does this put Tom Caroll's place under pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Wilberto wrote: »
    Is Lemar not a left winger, no?
    Yeah he's a left footer who generally plays on the left wing.

He was part of Monaco great left side last year with Benjamin Mendy behind him and Falcao ahead of him. Their right side was pretty great too with Sidibé-Bernardo Silva-Mbappé :cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

ScummyMan wrote: »
    It's Sanchi I believe.

One Sanchez, two Sanchi :P

EDIT: On a more serious note, does this put Tom Caroll's place under pressure?

I'd categorise them as a school of Sanchezes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

remoteboy wrote: »
    Serge Aurier's got his work permit at Spurs. Can't be good news for Trippier.
    Good luck Spurs fans :o.

188300959.png

Advertisement