Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ScummyMan wrote: »

EDIT: On a more serious note, does this put Tom Caroll's place under pressure?

To be honest this was my first thought when I heard the signing.
    I would like to know the answer as well

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm just glad I have my wildcard.

Lots of rotation and changed personnel incoming.

Janssen or Bony at Swansea could end up being worth a shot, and could take gametime from Abraham, who I (and a lot of others) were potentially looking at for the 3rd striker spot.

Is Carroll's place under threat?

Will Sanchez go? If he goes to City, will he be a rotation risk? Will he make the likes of Jesus and Aguero risks? if he stays at Arsenal, will he be what he was last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

SlickRic wrote: »
    Janssen or Bony at Swansea could end up being worth a shot, and could take gametime from Abraham, who I (and a lot of others) were potentially looking at for the 3rd striker spot.

I wouldn't be panicking just yet about Abraham. Newcastle had their hat in the ring for him also and there have been a plethora of stories about why he didn't go to them (including the risks of the bigg market turning his tender head!) but I personally think it effectively boiled down to 2 reasons why Newcastle lost out

Abrahams agent wanted a sizable signing on fee in addition to what Chelsea had negotiated. (what percentage of that was to go to Abraham I don't know)

Chelsea wanted a minimum playtime clause inserted in the loan deal that Raffa wouldn't agree to.

I reckon there's a minimum playtime clause built in so he should be relatively safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

To be honest this was my first thought when I heard the signing.
    I would like to know the answer as well

Will be doing a write up on Sanches once it's confirmed but I believe so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm just glad I have my wildcard.

Lots of rotation and changed personnel incoming.

Is Carroll's place under threat?

Will Sanchez go?  If he goes to City, will he be a rotation risk?  Will he make the likes of Jesus and Aguero risks?  if he stays at Arsenal, will he be what he was last season?
    Yeah I think I'll be WC after the break and transfer window

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Renato s confirmed
    Danger for TCarroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Any idea what price R. Sanchez will be? He's gotta' be value since it's Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Any idea what price R. Sanchez will be? He's gotta' be value since it's Swansea.

I'll start it off and saying he'll be 6.0. Can;t see him being a great fantasy asset

Quote me on this in 2 months time after he's an assist every week :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

I'll start it off and saying he'll be 6.0. Can;t see him being a great fantasy asset

Quote me on this in 2 months time after he's an assist every week :pac:
    I was just about to post the same thing. Can't see him scoring or assisting much. He's never been that sort of player although he's only young so he has time to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Colking wrote: »
    I wouldn't be panicking just yet about Abraham. Newcastle had their hat in the ring for him also and there have been a plethora of stories about why he didn't go to them (including the risks of the bigg market turning his tender head!) but I personally think it effectively boiled down to 2 reasons why Newcastle lost out

Abrahams agent wanted a sizable signing on fee in addition to what Chelsea had negotiated. (what percentage of that was to go to Abraham I don't know)

Chelsea wanted a minimum playtime clause inserted in the loan deal that Raffa wouldn't agree to.

I reckon there's a minimum playtime clause built in so he should be relatively safe.

They've been playing 2 strikers to date anyway. Bony will come in for Ayew. Tammy should be safe and possibly even more attractive playing off a target man. I'm 90% going for him this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Renato Sanches at 5m!!! Could possibly be a bargain. Worried though for Carroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Aurier in at 6m

Too expensive i think .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Renato Sanches at 5m!!! Could possibly be a bargain. Worried though for Carroll

Sanches is a replacement for Siggy to play in behind the front two so won't affect Carroll.

Sanches is a replacement for Siggy to play in behind the front two so won't affect Carroll.

5ml as a number 10 of sorts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Funnier things have happened. Aguero's chances at City would be lessened with Sanchez's arrival. Arsenal could do with Aguero should Sanchez depart

;)

Sanchez staying is probably good FF wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Van dijk staying too.

km79 wrote: »
    5ml as a number 10 of sorts ?

That's my take on it anyway. Sanches is a more attacking midfielder than Carroll or Fer.

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Van dijk staying too.

My defence is going to be a problem soon.......Yoshi and hegazi .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

My defence is going to be a problem soon.......Yoshi and hegazi .......

Yep, one of (or both) Stephens or yoshida will lose out soon enough. Van dijk will def come back in soon and that new c.b. too.

Evans staying at West Brom doesn't help hegazi but he's started well so might be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

He's not really a goalscoring mid though. Where did you read that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Dearg81 wrote: »

I would have said this too. If Swansea are hoping that he'll be a replacement for Sigurdsson then I feel that they could be massively disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sanches at Swansea has 6 goals and 6 assists in 103 games at club level, 4 goals and 5 assists of which came for Benfica's reserve team and U-19 team.

Good player, not an FPL option IMO.

Wilberto wrote: »

I would have said this too. If Swansea are hoping that he'll be a replacement for Sigurdsson then I feel that they could be massively disappointed.
    Maybe he will go deeper and TCaroll will push up ......

Maybe he will go deeper and TCaroll will push up ......

This is my take on it unless they sign Chadli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

He's more of a box to box. Still pretty young with potential but he is in no way a playmaker! No interest FPL wise

Chadli in would have made sense tbh

On Sky Sports News the reporter mentioned he'd be a replacement for Sigurdsson. I see now that he only meant it in terms of him coming in and Siggy leaving. Yeah Sanches is not an attacking midfielder like Siggy would be. It'll be interesting to see what formation Clement uses and how it impacts Carroll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think they've played 442 with Ayew and Abraham upfront so don't think there will be an attacking mid.

Advertisement