Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

On Sky Sports News the reporter mentioned he'd be a replacement for Sigurdsson. I see now that he only meant it in terms of him coming in and Siggy leaving. Yeah Sanches is not an attacking midfielder like Siggy would be. It'll be interesting to see what formation Clement uses and how it impacts Carroll.

I'd class Clucas as a starting option too and a cheaper and more offensive option than Sanches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think they've played 442 with Ayew and Abraham upfront so don't think there will be an attacking mid.

352 I believe . Naughton has been wing back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sanches is a replacement for Siggy to play in behind the front two so won't affect Carroll.

Sanches is not an AM. Hes a deep central mid. He's in no shape or form a Siggy replacement.

Edit. Ah, already covered! Finish reading back thread before replying... :o

352 I believe . Naughton has been wing back.

Yeh they've been playing 3 CMs I think in that 352. Three from Fer, Carroll, Sanches, Clucas, Mesa.

Dodgy for Carroll probably, but possibly him and Sanches with Fer v Clucas for the 3rd spot as more attack minded mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeh they've been playing 3 CMs I think in that 352. Three from Fer, Carroll, Sanches, Clucas, Mesa.

Dodgy for Carroll probably, but possibly him and Sanches with Fer v Clucas for the 3rd spot as more attack minded mid.

I'd agree and Ayew riskier than Abraham?

Add Bony to the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Bony 6m
    Could be a interesting option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yep, one of (or both) Stephens or yoshida will lose out soon enough. Van dijk will def come back in soon and that new c.b. too.

Evans staying at West Brom doesn't help hegazi but he's started well so might be ok.

Which Southampton defender is most likely to give way?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

begbysback wrote: »
    Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yep, one of (or both) Stephens or yoshida will lose out soon enough. Van dijk will def come back in soon and that new c.b. too.

Evans staying at West Brom doesn't help hegazi but he's started well so might be ok.

Which Southampton defender is most likely to give way?
    Both CB are likely to be dropped for VVD and Hoets(?) imo

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Bony 6m
    Could be a interesting option.

Very. Will have penalties too.

Wonder will he come straight into the team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Very. Will have penalties too.

Wonder will he come straight into the team?

Has barely played since he left Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Bony is straight onto my wildcard watchlist
    Allows for upgrade in midfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Both CB are likely to be dropped for VVD and Hoets(?) imo

Unfortunate - really happy with yoshida at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

begbysback wrote: »
    Unfortunate - really happy with yoshida at the moment

Same, I was expecting big points from him this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Is there anywhere we can get a list of new entries to the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

so what's the deal with rooney? do the club suspend him at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

No news on Rooney yet. He was only arrested, not even charges yet, so club unlikely to do anything at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

No news on Rooney yet. He was only arrested, not even charges yet, so club unlikely to do anything at this stage.

BBC reporting he has been charged.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-41123148

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Still think he'll keep playing throughout. Whether you'd actually want him in your team is another matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

How do people reckon Trippier will fare with Aurier in at Spurs?

After dropping to 5.4 he was the perfect player to even back up team value after bringing in Mkhi at 8.1m.

Spurs have a v nice set of medium term fixtures and Trippier looked like the value defender in the game given his attacking potential. From limited amount I've seen of Spurs feel Trippier deserves the chance to make spot his own but rotation risk probably means he's no longer viable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Kane is such a troll, watch him hit the post three times in the next game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ShaneU wrote: »
    Kane is such a troll, watch him hit the post three times in the next game

August is over. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Harry Kane just scored a brace. Thank God I captained him...

:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Still think he'll keep playing throughout. Whether you'd actually want him in your team is another matter

Why wouldn't you. Great price. Excellent scorer. Takes penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

How do people reckon Trippier will fare with Aurier in at Spurs?

After dropping to 5.4 he was the perfect player to even back up team value after bringing in Mkhi at 8.1m.

Spurs have a v nice set of medium term fixtures and Trippier looked like the value defender in the game given his attacking potential. From limited amount I've seen of Spurs feel Trippier deserves the chance to make spot his own but rotation risk probably means he's no longer viable?
    Hopefully Aurier is so much plagued by scandals (*), Spurs will show him they're a greater club than PSG in terms of discipline.

(*) - the insult to the CL ref after PSG knocked Chelsea out in 2015
    - the shisha scandal where he insulted his coach Laurent Blanc ("he's a pussy")
    - the driving without licence and quarrel and violence towards a policeman. He was condemned to 2 months of imprisonment. That's why he was not allowed entering on UK soil.
    - the subbing scandal in Lorient where Aurier took 8 min to replace the injured Meunier. That was right after their debacle in Camp Nou last year. He was on the bench and not ready at all. Didn't have his shirt on, neither his short, neither his socks etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Yeah I think it would be harsh on Trippier after doing so well at the end of last season to be dropped immediately - also given Auriers history he probably needs to be made fight for his place rather than just be handed a role in the team.

My plan was to do Mee to Tripper which I have the 0.9 for so can wait til GW5 as Burnley have a nice home fixture and Spurs are away at Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Anyone with good knowledge of spurs?

What is their back line likely to look like?

Will davinson Sanchez come in straight away or take a bit of time?

It's more for draft reasons, I'm trying to figure out if it's worth requesting either of Sanchez or aurier for rudiger?

I have bavies in normal fantasy football but happy to hold onto him until he loses his place to rose or I wildcard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Sanchez will most likely be backup and get phased in eventually. Good for other competitions and injuries and Vert isn't getting any younger

Rose should return eventually but he's s bit injury prone so keep Davies until Rose is fit

Aurier will be banned before Christmas for doing something stupid so Trip could probably be fine! :pac: but yeah he's not 100% nailed like he was before but should be ok I guess after last years performances. I do like Aurier but he's a headbanger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Trippier needs to up the defensive side to his game or he might be dropped by Poch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Spurs fan here

I think poch preferred formation is 3-4-3.

First choice line up would be

Hugo

Vert - Sanchez - Toby

Aurier - dembele - wanyama/dier - rose

Alli - Kane - eriksen

Now aurier and rose would be rotated with tripper & bavies

Other formation / tactical change would be 4-2-3-1 where Sanchez comes out for Son.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement