Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Ox mentioned he didn't enjoy playing wingback for Arsenal recently too and prefers attacking midfield. He could do a job there but it's not ideal. TAA will take it I reckon. Gomez can play anywhere at the back but his main position is CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

-=al=- wrote: »
    Ox mentioned he didn't enjoy playing wingback for Arsenal recently too and prefers attacking midfield. He could do a job there but it's not ideal. TAA will take it I reckon. Gomez can play anywhere at the back but his main position is CB

He wants to be a centre midfielder like Steven Gerrard.
    I think he's deluded he doesn't have the ability to play like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yeah he's a squad player at best and be lucky to get 30+ mins a game

TAA starts.. and Klavan :rolleyes:

Gona be goals today

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It would be funny alright though.

Leaves Arsenal, and refuses to join Chelsea, as he doesn't want to play out wide.

Joins Liverpool on the promise of a central role.

Debuts for Liverpool at full back.

:pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Vardy dropping last night is a pleasant surprise, I have my eye on him. Looks hungry and only a point less than Lukaku after having far more difficult fixtures.

Nice fixtures coming up so he's definitely on my radar over the next few weeks. Could be a Chicharito upgrade or Lukaku downgrade depending on other factors... (Sanchez return a big one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

ScummyMan wrote: »

I can somewhat understand Chupo-Moting, but why would you have either Davies or Sané on the bench.....ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

PARlance wrote: »
    Vardy dropping last night is a pleasant surprise, I have my eye on him. Looks hungry and only a point less than Lukaku after having far more difficult fixtures.

Nice fixtures coming up so he's definitely on my radar over the next few weeks. Could be a Chicharito upgrade or Lukaku downgrade depending on other factors... (Sanchez return a big one).

Definitely an option for those only going with Kane OR lukaku and getting a stronger midfield

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

Is anyone else having issues with the tapermonkey extension on chrome when looking at leagues???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭COH

stevveyg wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with the tapermonkey extension on chrome when looking at leagues???

Yeah its not working for me at all since Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

stevveyg wrote: »

Yup, only showing a few column, not the good ones either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Was just coming in to post about Tampermonkey, yes I'm having the same issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I saw this on Reddit. Some guy started Loftus-Cheek who didn't play with Francis as first sub who played and scored 0. He had Groß and Lascelles 2nd and 3rd on the bench with Elliot's 8 for good measure. That's tough to take.

dd3b5a1cde01cef55e5b3375d4e80861.png
    96138e9bdad9f8b119e2b2c8cf61c510.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

He got 55 points anyway.

Will be fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

For those with access to such things, how many of the top 1k OR have used 1 or more chips to help get there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Wildcard played. Now have a front three of Morata, Lukaku and Kane.

Was wondering what people thought of Lukaku to Firmino and bringing in Mkhitaryan to cover United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

MagicIRL wrote: »

Was wondering what people thought of Lukaku to Firmino and bringing in Mkhitaryan to cover United?

Certainly give you room to improve elsewhere.

Morata, Lukaku, Kane IMO is the dream forward line but ultimately seriously expensive.

I have Firmino myself and wary of how they will get on without Mane, Champions League should tell us a lot how they'll line up at Anfield against Burnley next week.

It's a toss up between Pogba & Mkhi, either on will be in my WC next week, leaning towards Pogba as he is a Mourinho favourite and looks more nailed on to play 90mins than Mkhi. I think over the course of the season, Pogba will score more but there won't be a lot in it.

Not sure if Lukaku will be on pens after Leicester game, maybe give it to Pogba which lessens his appeal at his price, I may reluctantly get rid of him as I think Kane is the one to have of the 2 expensive forwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Palace have sacked FdB
    Roy Hodgson apparently lined up !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

km79 wrote: »
    Palace have sacked FdB

I think I'm next on the chopping block after a disastrous start to the season. Crisis talks this week at Shineon HQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »
    Palace have sacked FdB

Damn. Was actually considering a Palace player because they had been playing well attackingly and unlucky. Scrap that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

dsmythy wrote: »
    Damn. Was actually considering a Palace player because they had been playing well attackingly and unlucky. Scrap that.

They haven't scored a goal and the only one who looked like he would was their centre half???????
    The system was not working whatsoever
    Still wouldn't consider any of their attackers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭Invincible

There was a code here a couple of weeks ago for the boards league, missed out on entering before it disappeared, had auto-renewed the past seasons, but someone else must be running it now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Invincible wrote: »
    There was a code here a couple of weeks ago for the boards league, missed out on entering before it disappeared, had auto-renewed the past seasons, but someone else must be running it now?

Free league is 116416-440564

MagicIRL wrote: »

I have Mkhitaryan and Pogba, I got seduced into the idea that they will steamroll teams

Annoyed that I got Mkhitaryan because it looks like he will be pushed wide by Jose Mourinho.

Subbed for the likes of Mata or worse still put on the bench.

JM seems to have no concerns about starting Pogba as much as he can.

By the way the coverage idea is a myth.
    Example Mkhitaryan did OK the last game but he did not get any extra points at all even though he was involved in the pogba goal.

Don't mind about coverage just try and pick the main fellas fpl wise in each team regardless of price.

As for Lukaku I would be more worried about not having Kane he has better fixtures then Lukaku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

What's the general consensus on getting some Everton cover for their coming fixtures, after utd this weekend?

BOU BUR bha ARS lei WAT cry sou WHU HUD liv new SWA che wba BOU

I guess it comes down to Rooney (off field & takes up a fwd spot) / Siggy (not done much in 2.5 games, in form for Iceland though)

Baines/Keane too expensive for me. Jagielka didn't play v Spurs so rotation risk. Other defenders too much rotation risk.

Is it worth Foster -> Pickford for 0.5? Adding in Elliot you can have GK fixtures:

BOU BUR bha CRY lei WAT cry WAT WHU HUD LEI new SWA whu wba BHA

Having watched every minute of Everton this season I wouldn't touch them. Maybe pickford but that's it. Europa league games start this week too so rotation will kick in.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Having watched every minute of Everton this season I wouldn't touch them. Maybe pickford but that's it. Europa league games start this week too so rotation will kick in.

Good to know.
    I was thinking of bringing Everton players in based on fixtures

So you think the team not settled yet with so many transfers in and out?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What's the general consensus on getting some Everton cover for their coming fixtures, after utd this weekend?

BOU BUR bha ARS lei WAT cry sou WHU HUD liv new SWA che wba BOU

I guess it comes down to Rooney (off field & takes up a fwd spot) / Siggy (not done much in 2.5 games, in form for Iceland though)

Baines/Keane too expensive for me. Jagielka didn't play v Spurs so rotation risk. Other defenders too much rotation risk.

Is it worth Foster -> Pickford for 0.5? Adding in Elliot you can have GK fixtures:

BOU BUR bha CRY lei WAT cry WAT WHU HUD LEI new SWA whu wba BHA

They have had a tough start but have had the lowest amount of shots on target in the league. I feel they lack pace going forward and will struggle to score goals. I do think they will get a lot of cs and would be interested in their defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Will Trippier be rotated do we think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Will Trippier be rotated do we think?

Definitely once aurier is taught the poch way. Could even happen against Dortmund or at the weekend.

Trippier is a massive rotation risk

Advertisement