Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

They have had a tough start but have had the lowest amount of shots on target in the league. I feel they lack pace going forward and will struggle to score goals. I do think they will get a lot of cs and would be interested in their defenders.

Bolasie might be back next month might help in the pace department

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Will Elliot be dropped by Newcastle when Darlow comes back from injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

All in all wrote: »
    Will Elliot be dropped by Newcastle when Darlow comes back from injury?

Elliot was starting before Darlow got injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hi all,

Stats team review of GW4.

First time seeing red arrows

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/09/11/gameweek-4-odds-on-team-in-review/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hi all,

Just a quick post in relation to free kick takers and penalty takers etc.

Most of you will know this info

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017-18-set-piece-takers-fpl/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

I'm showing two different scores in two private leagues today

Points in league one : 63 (GW4)
    Points league two : 53 (GW4)

Overall points in league one : 160
    Overall points in league two : 150

I joined both at the same time so should have the same scores in both

Odd as well my latest points shows 63 but total gameweek shows 53

Screenshot : https://ibb.co/ezio9F

This ever happened to anyone before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm showing two different scores in two private leagues today

Points in league one : 63 (GW4)
    Points league two : 53 (GW4)

Overall points in league one : 160
    Overall points in league two : 150

I joined both at the same time so should have the same scores in both

Odd as well my latest points shows 63 but total gameweek shows 53

Screenshot : https://ibb.co/ezio9F

This ever happened to anyone before?
    Did you get 10 points from played last night and autosubs?
    Perhaps league 2 didn't update properly?

Yeah I was at 53 on Sunday got 10 points last night with auto-sub so that's exactly it - one league didn't update for some reason. Presume twil correct itself - doubt there's anyone you can email for corrections is there? Would be a bit petty asking but then those 10 points would see me jump up one place - ten points is ten points like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah I was at 53 on Sunday got 10 points last night with auto-sub so that's exactly it - one league didn't update for some reason. Presume twil correct itself - doubt there's anyone you can email for corrections is there? Would be a bit petty asking but then those 10 points would see me jump up one place - ten points is ten points like

If it hasn't updated by this evening I would send an email to fpl

Cheers - no harm in that I guess.

might ask em for 100 extra points as well..for the inconvenience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Going to be a lot of casuals with a sub coming in for Pogba this week given the Fri deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    Going to be a lot of casuals with a sub coming in for Pogba this week given the Fri deadline.

Gareth Barry goal incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I had a disaster last gameweek. Took out Kiko Femenia as Janmaat was back for Naughton and took out Aguero for Morata. With the minus 4 I lost 20 points with those two transfers. 20 ****ing points.

I also have Mane suspended and Pogba injured. Thinking a -8 this week is something I'll end up having to do. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Just a general query for those that have played FF for years. Has there ever been a time when you got the full price when selling a player that had risen in price as opposed to only getting half the price rise value? For those looking to move on Hegazi/Pogba you could be looking at a +0.7 but only end up with a +0.3. As rises are much less likely than drops then it seems a bit unfair to only get half the rise. Have FPL ever given a reason for this rule?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Just a general query for those that have played FF for years. Has there ever been a time when you got the full price when selling a player that had risen in price as opposed to only getting half the price rise value? For those looking to move on Hegazi/Pogba you could be looking at a +0.7 but only end up with a +0.3. As rises are much less likely than drops then it seems a bit unfair to only get half the rise. Have FPL ever given a reason for this rule?

Its always been like this since I've been playing 7/8 years. If you got all that value as profit it would be too easy to have whatever team you want after Xmas which I think would ruin the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Think before it became the official game you got the full price can't remember if it was still like that when it became fpl. You used to end up with some ridiculous team values at the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Feeling sorry for myself with my wildcard disaster, but of the 275,000 people wildcarded last week 75% were worse off, than if they hadn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

patmac wrote: »
    Feeling sorry for myself with my wildcard disaster, but of the 275,000 people wildcarded last week 75% were worse off, than if they hadn't.

interesting - where did you find that stat do you mind me asking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    interesting - where did you find that stat do you mind me asking?
    FPL official tweet, probably not the same as my post when I look at it closely, still not a good week to wildcard.

https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/907942709758971905

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Right so forum, no starting the matchday thread till 18.45 tomorrow please. A low profile game between Brighton and Bournemouth may just cause a few to miss the deadline...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

No matchday thread so..... Elliott or Foster, who to start in goal? I imagine a good few have this conundrum also?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No matchday thread so..... Elliott or Foster, who to start in goal? I imagine a good few have this conundrum also?

Have Elliot and Yedlin starting. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

F1ngers wrote: »
    Have Elliot and Yedlin starting. :o

Got Elliot in at the moment too but can just imagine a classic Pulisball clean sheet at the same time :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Who is guaranteed to start for City at the back - Mendy or Danillo? Otamendi and Walker seem the only two nailed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Any thoughts on who I should start as GK and defence?

Elliot or Foster... both at home, opposition Stoke and West Ham both scored twice in last fixture, Newcastle have had 2 CS's last two games however...

Have Bavies and Jones starting as no brainers.

The it's a toss up between Gamez & Lowe

If I start Eliott probably go Lowe, Foster I'll go Gamez.

Anyone care to shed any light on this? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I'm going to hedge my bets and start Foster as I have Clarke also for Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Irish94 wrote: »
    Who is guaranteed to start for City at the back - Mendy or Danillo? Otamendi and Walker seem the only two nailed on.

I'd never call a wing back nailed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The early deadline, coupled with no doubt many -4's incoming, should see everyone who has their team ready and taking no hit off to a good start this gameweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Mendy is probably slightly more nailed than Danilo. In saying that, Sane had a cracker last week but if Mendy is fit he should play. His crosses are worth 6.5 alone!

I'm taking a punt on him this week in the wc. Pretty happy with it... for now

Foster
    Kolasanic Jones Davies Mendy
    Eriksen Mkhitaryan Ritchie
    Kane Morata Firmino

Elliiot | Gross, Carroll, Gamez

I could have kept Lukaku instead of Morata, but it meant having a 3.9 defender and two 4.4 midfielders. In hindsight I kinda like it more since I don't mind having no subs, but it's probably better this way... I hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

-=al=- wrote: »
    Mendy is probably slightly more nailed than Danilo. In saying that, Sane had a cracker last week but if Mendy is fit he should play. His crosses are worth 6.5 alone!

I'm taking a punt on him this week in the wc. Pretty happy with it... for now

Foster
    Kolasanic Jones Davies Mendy
    Eriksen Mkhitaryan Ritchie
    Kane Morata Firmino

Elliiot | Gross, Carroll, Gamez

I could have kept Lukaku instead of Morata, but it meant having a 3.9 defender and two 4.4 midfielders. In hindsight I kinda like it more since I don't mind having no subs, but it's probably better this way... I hope!

I have taken an 8 point hit (holding on to wc hope it pays off later)
    I think a few 4.4m and 3.9m is no harm can be changed later.

In saying that though a lot seem to be saving money by getting rid of lukaku for Morata/Jesus so they avoid having to skimp elsewhere.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement