Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Anyone worried about firmino been taken off pens after the other night? It would take away from his value

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Anyone worried about firmino been taken off pens after the other night? It would take away from his value

He's next on the chopping block in my team! :pac: After Burnley this weekend though (I had to use my FT on Pogba anyway!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

You don't get taken off pens for just missing one

Any thoughts on who I should start as GK and defence?

Elliot or Foster... both at home, opposition Stoke and West Ham both scored twice in last fixture, Newcastle have had 2 CS's last two games however...

Have Bavies and Jones starting as no brainers.

The it's a toss up between Gamez & Lowe

If I start Eliott probably go Lowe, Foster I'll go Gamez.

Anyone care to shed any light on this? :D

West Ham have Carroll, Antonio, Chicharito and Ayew. Stoke have Shaqiri (imo).

I've locked in Elliot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I've locked in Elliot.

Damn it, why are you making me second guess myself ! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I've locked in Elliot.

What about this lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've locked in Elliot.

I've gone with Foster.

Slightly favoured by the bookies for a clean sheet, WBA had conceded the least shots in the box by some distance up until last week at Brighton, and looking at the underlying stats and expected goals stats from that game, I'm going to put it down to being an anomaly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Begovic or Elliott lads? Not much of a muchness really. On Elliott currently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I have taken an 8 point hit (holding on to wc hope it pays off later)
    I think a few 4.4m and 3.9m is no harm can be changed later.

In saying that though a lot seem to be saving money by getting rid of lukaku for Morata/Jesus so they avoid having to skimp elsewhere.

Yeah I was on -4 this week and I had 2 red flags so I just went for it last night. I do wish I kept Lukaku over Morata. But I will be captaining Kane in the next few so maybe that's ok.

Who needs a bench anyway when you're first team is top. :pac: ...But I am .1 short of the lukaku route on the wc now! I transferred him last night before Kane was predicted to rise so no going back

Probably gona chance Foster over Elliot myself this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I would wait and see who takes the next one before jumping to conclusions.
    A similarly priced Vardy is available if you really have doubts and he is definitely on pens.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I would wait and see who takes the next one before jumping to conclusions.
    A similarly priced Vardy is available if you really have doubts and he is definitely on pens.

Unless Milner is on the pitch there isn't anyone other than Firmino who could take one. And, as has been said, teams don't change their penalty taker after he's only missed one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sorry guys,

bit late on adding GW5 Preview for stats team:

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/09/15/odds-on-fpl-gw-5-preview/

Had surgery today so wasn't around

Also, blame Paddy for fcking up the free hit and not understanding it fully :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Benimar wrote: »
    Unless Milner is on the pitch there isn't anyone other than Firmino who could take one. And, as has been said, teams don't change their penalty taker after he's only missed one.

Henderson has taken penos before but I dont think he'll get them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Matt Feckin Ritchie huh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Matt Feckin Ritchie huh

Brought him in for Mane - about all I have to shout about this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Brought him in for Mane - about all I have to shout about this week.

I held off... I'm disgusted... he'll be in everyone's teams next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I've given up on logical thinking setting my team.

I'm just going to start buying players I like for the next while.

Have David Silva, Aguero, Tom Carroll and Cedric already, need to try work in Sanchez and then the likes of a random cult hero like James Collins, Chris Brunt or Oriol Romeu :P

Bringing the gang back together :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

shineon23 wrote: »

Have David Silva, Aguero, Tom Carroll and Cedric already, need to try work in Sanchez and then the likes of a random cult hero like James Collins, Chris Brunt or Oriol Romeu :P

Collins did his usual trick
    Clean sheet 4.4
    Off injured next game :D

Butyes I like your thinking
    I'm disgusted I didn't have aguero
    And I might just rectify that !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

shineon23 wrote: »

Bruntosaurus a mid this year so consider him extinct. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

km79 wrote: »
    Collins did his usual trick
    Clean sheet 4.4
    Off injured next game :D

Butyes I like your thinking
    I'm disgusted I didn't have aguero
    And I might just rectify that !
    ElTel wrote: »
    Bruntosaurus a mid this year so consider him extinct. :)

I didn't mean those actual players, just try find someone I'll like to own as much as them.

2 seasons ago with West Ham were chasing games, Collins being planted up with the centre forward for the last few minutes was great.

Kyle Naughton has been playing slightly OOP this season so he's fitting the bill for me so far.

I have Atsu at the moment of he keeps playing and doing a bit I'll be happy with him.

Any suggestions for players that are a bit of craic to own are welcome, as per my new transfer policy.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna blame Pep for this fúck up so far.

Not knowing what to do about Jesus and Kun is a pain.

Jesus getting hauled a lot. Will that continue or will it be Kun in future.

If I thought he was going to start both every week then I'd gladly have them as 2 of my 3 strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

If I thought he was going to start both every week then I'd gladly have them as 2 of my 3 strikers.

It has been an absolute pain so far. Think we'll know a lot more in 4 or 5 PL games. As it is right now though, I'm suprised how much game time together both have gotten on the pitch at the same time. I started the season with Jesus, but got rid, now I will bring in Aguero I'd say. Could possibly go Aguero-Jesus down the line then depending on Peps use of them.

I guess it's all part of the beauty of the game, trying to read mad b8lloxes like Peps mind!! Oh how life would have been so much easier for everyone if Aguero was sold on and we had a 10.5 Man City centre forward in Jesus guaranteed every minute. That wouldn't be any fun though, would it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Next week I'll have both
    If jesus is again subbed after 60 he will then become vardy
    Probably will either way tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm thinking he subbed Jesus yesterday as he will start the Carling cup game and aguero will get a rest. Aguero and Jesus up top against palace then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm thinking he subbed Jesus yesterday as he will start the Carling cup game and aguero will get a rest. Aguero and Jesus up top against palace then.

Jesus might not even start midweek. He's started every game thus far. Aguero hasn't.

But yes, both will start v Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Had Aguero from the start and got rid after he was dropped/rested/Pep'd against Bournemouth (I had him captained).

Four goals and two assists in the two games since. Bringing him back in on wildcard. One knee jerk reaction to correct the previous one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Was Ben Davies rested yday or is he injured?

km79 wrote: »
    Next week I'll have both
    If jesus is again subbed after 60 he will then become vardy
    Probably will either way tbh

Good idea. I'm running with Jesus and Kun on my WC this week.

If they keep scoring then I'll not be too bothered by the game time. But if it's limited game time and no scoring then I'll look at Firmino for Jesus in a few weeks.

Hopefully I'll just be leaving Jesus and Kun in for the rest of the season.

Going to run with a flash back line too including Alonso, Bavies and Kola.

Just going to try and enjoy it now and stop with the penny pinching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Was Ben Davies rested yday or is he injured?

Knock on the ankle.

He was on the bench though, so I suspect he'll be back next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Good idea. I'm running with Jesus and Kun on my WC this week.

If they keep scoring then I'll not be too bothered by the game time. But if it's limited game time and no scoring then I'll look at Firmino for Jesus in a few weeks.

Hopefully I'll just be leaving Jesus and Kun in for the rest of the season.

Going to run with a flash back line too including Alonso, Bavies and Kola.

Just going to try and enjoy it now and stop with the penny pinching.

I'll be doing something very similar. I only started doing well last season when I stopped trying to be too clever and just picked the players I liked instead.

Good chance I'll end up with Kun, Kane, Alexis and Alonso on wildcard this week, along with a host of 3.9m non-starters and maybe Huddersfield's tea lady making up the rest of the squad.

Advertisement