Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Ditched David Luiz for Davies of Spurs. Think Spurs should be very good for the next 2-3 games, particularly because 2 are away from home. If they don't, Kane may go in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Rikand wrote: »
    Thank you for the detailed reply :)

I have

Alonso, Davies, Lascalles, Naughton, Duffy
    Alli, Salah
    Firmino, Jesus, Kane

Choupo-Moting, Carroll, Loftus-Cheek

The 5 defenders all have decent fixtures, whereas the 3 benched midfielders are

C-M :: Chelsea (home) - Despite being at home, I think Chelsea are solid at the back. Of course, now that that David Luiz is out of the picture after his sending off, I dont know if that makes them any more or less solid :P

Carroll :: Watford (home) - He's a guaranteed 2 points (possibly 3) - But I have Naughton also from Swansea and he's a guaranteed 2 points (possibly 6)

RLC :: Man City (away) - Dont fancy palace in any shape or form against Citeh
    Ah but you plan on going 5-2-3 for the upcoming GW only? Understood it like it was going to be your tactical formation for the coming mid-term.

For the next GW, it makes perfect sense to go that way then ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Just putting my WC team together.

Am I forgetting any of the mental attacking wing backs ?

Bavies, Kolasanic and Alonso are the ones I've my eyes on.

I'm discounting Daniels because they switch between 3 and 4 at the back. I'm discounting Cresswell because he's awful but should be assisting Carroll. City and Stoke may change between 3 and 4 at the back too.

Others like Trippier and Moses are in danger of rotation and at least Bavies won't be rested again anytime soon.

I brought in Trippier as he is a lot more attacking than Bavies IMO. He is 0.3m cheaper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm suprised the City cenre backs aren't getting more attention. Stones and Otamendi are gonna score a few goals this season from those De Bruyne set pieces. They might turn out to be better value than their wing backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

John Stones was an early pick for many last year but didn't quite do it. Interesting fact, he now has more European Cup goals (3) than Maradona!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Islander13 wrote: »
    John Stones was an early pick for many last year but didn't quite do it. Interesting fact, he now has more European Cup goals (3) than Maradona!

More Premier League goals than Diego as well, believe it or not. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

shineon23 wrote: »
    More Premier League goals than Diego as well, believe it or not. :pac:

He's got more premier league goals than the whole of the England 1966 world cup winning squad combined! See they did know what they were doing spending all that money on him!

I'm looking at the 4.0m defenders.

Mbemba currently looks the safest. He may hold his place and is as good a bet as anybody to do so.

I'm thinking the next best two options are Long and Rosenoir as they are both just one injury (from a team mate) from a regular starting spot.

Rosenoir has had minutes recently because Bruno has had a back injury. If it doesn't clear up the Rosenoir will get regular time.

Am I missing out on any other good bench fodder ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Mbemba currently looks the safest. He may hold his place and is as good a bet as anybody to do so.

I'm thinking the next best two options are Long and Rosenoir as they are both just one injury (from a team mate) from a regular starting spot.

Rosenoir has had minutes recently because Bruno has had a back injury. If it doesn't clear up the Rosenoir will get regular time.

Did Mbemba not play left back the other day even though he is a cb? Would you be confident he will stay there?

Raoul wrote: »
    Did Mbemba not play left back the other day even though he is a cb? Would you be confident he will stay there?

Not super confident but Dummett still has no return date.

I'm guessing he could bring Lejune back into the middle and push Clark to left back but at 4.0m I think Mbemba is worth the risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Mbemba is fine short term and Rosenoir maybe more long term. Rosenoir is on for Bruno atm who is petty damn old

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

For 4.0 you aren't gonna get anything better and Newcastle at home is an amazing 4.0 defender to have. The only thing I'd consider is if Mbemba is not starting you'll be looking at a price drop. Can you strenghten elsewhere for the extra 0.1 (if there is any 3.9M defenders ATM)? If not I think Mbemba is the way to go.

For 4.0 you aren't gonna get anything better and Newcastle at home is an amazing 4.0 defender to have. The only thing I'd consider is if Mbemba is not starting you'll be looking at a price drop. Can you strenghten elsewhere for the extra 0.1 (if there is any 3.9M defenders ATM)? If not I think Mbemba is the way to go.

I'm struggling to even come up with the 4.0m. If I don't get 1 or 2 double risers I could be looking at a non playing 3.9 unless I'm willing to go with two 4.0m keepers and playing Elliot every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Traded Long for Rosenior in my WC last week as I reckon if he plays well while Bruno is injured he'll keep his place. Problem with Mbemba for alot of people(and me) is that they have Elliott and double Newcastle defense is just too risky imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Traded Long for Rosenior in my WC last week as I reckon if he plays well while Bruno is injured he'll keep his place. Problem with Mbemba for alot of people(and me) is that they have Elliott and double Newcastle defense is just too risky imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

What do we think about Sanchez? Surely guaranteed to start this weekend now that Welbeck is out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Wenger could just do Giroud for welbeck is the risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hi All,

Stats team review of GW5. 2 bad weeks in a row and we've now wildcarded.

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/09/20/gameweek-5-odds-on-in-review/

I think City, or more likely Pep, needs his own thread at this stage.

I'm wondering if for some reason he has been managing Jesus's minutes.

When they went to Girona for that friendly, when the season had already started, iirc he only brought Jesus as one of the big guns and played him for 60 minutes.

His logic in bringing off one of the strikers for either Sane, Sterling or Bilva does make sense with 30 minutes to go if they are leading.

So has Kun made himself first choice again through training and performances or is Pep just managing Jesus to protect him.

Fûck knows eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Fûck knows eh.
    Agreed!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

£8.9m for a goalkeeper and defender (excluding Elliot and Mbemba)...

I'm thinking Fabianski (based on fixtures) plus Wimmer/Holgate/Francis

Thoughts?

Holgate seems to be losing minutes to Martina so you can forget about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

PVA wrote: »
    £8.9m for a goalkeeper and defender (excluding Elliot and Mbemba)...

I'm thinking Fabianski (based on fixtures) plus Wimmer/Holgate/Francis

Thoughts?

Definitely Fab and Wimmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Burnley sign ex United keeper Anders lindegaard, decent keeper if he comes in at 4.5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Has there been any update on Vardy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Has there been any update on Vardy?

The Leicester presser is tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I have Kane lukaku and augero up front.

Eriksson, obiang and Matt Richie in mid

Kolasniac, otamendi, Bailey, lasccless in Def

Degea in goal.

Used my wc to make that team. Looks deadly to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Degea in goal.

What's your bench?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Degea in goal.

My team isn't too far off yours:

Foster Elliot

Otamendi Jones Lascelles Naughton Rosenior

Mkhi David Silva Ritchie Grob Carroll

Aguero Kane Lukaku

I wildcarded this week too. It's tough to fit the three up front, especially since there aren't many high performing mid priced mids this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Bailly to Bavies gives you spurs defensive cover rather than doubling up on united and extra funds could be used to strengthen elsewhere

Advertisement