Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Looks like a few of people here are going for that heavy hitting front line.

Can't say anything though as I've gone for it myself. I did always have Kane and Lukaku though so it was just Aguero I needed!

We'll have to think of an acronym for that combination now though. KAL? ALK? LAK? I'm gonna go with ALK! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Wilberto wrote: »
    Looks like a few of people here are going for that heavy hitting front line.

Can't say anything though as I've gone for it myself. I did always have Kane and Lukaku though so it was just Aguero I needed!

We'll have to think of an acronym for that combination now though. KAL? ALK? LAK? I'm gonna go with ALK! :pac:

Has to be KunKanKu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lanzini has started training "but it’s way too early." Obiang will not be in the squad: "It's nothing major. Hopefully ready [GW6].” #WHUFC
    Feck it ! Signed him to afford aguero
    Wasn't using him but was hoping for a possible price rise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone with Swansea insight? Just wondering will Abraham keep his place, or will Bony take it, or might both play together

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

manual_man wrote: »
    Anyone with Swansea insight? Just wondering will Abraham keep his place, or will Bony take it, or might both play together

They have been playing 2 up top ayew and Abraham in a 352 or a 442 diamond. Ayew more likely to be replaced with bony I'd say.

• Advertisement

They have been playing 2 up top ayew and Abraham in a 352 or a 442 diamond. Ayew more likely to be replaced with bony I'd say.

Just curious. I'm inclined to think Abraham and Bony are a bit similar and thus may not play together. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Clement had positive words to say about Bony after the league cup win anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What are people's plans for triple captain this year?

I'm awful tempted by a guaranteed starting kun against a shocking palace this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Just curious. I'm inclined to think Abraham and Bony are a bit similar and thus may not play together. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Clement had positive words to say about Bony after the league cup win anyway

I'd be waiting until Bony shows he still has a goalscoring touch before plumping for him. He's basically been a bad FF selection since Jan 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

I'm awful tempted by a guaranteed starting kun against a shocking palace this week.

It's tempting but I think it's always better to play TC on a double game week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

It's tempting but I think it's always better to play TC on a double game week.

Have saved it for doubles the last 2 seasons and a misfiring Lukaku 2 seasons ago and a'creative' Negredo pick last year as a differential has convinced me that I'm probably going to be better off playing it in a single GW this year.

I'm also tempted by Aguero this week but think I'll hold onto it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have many people here wildcarded yet?....with the lack of much movement in price rises I think there is less of a necessity for an early wildcard if you are doing ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Even though they can't buy a point at the moment, Palace have only conceded two goals away from home this season.

Could be worth keeping in mind when looking at captaincy choices...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Stoke Press Conf:

---- ----

MH: We are struggling on the injury front at the back. Shawcross & Cameron are out, Wimmer is struggling & Zouma can't play against Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i have Kun fear, but if i had him, there's no chance I'd be TC'ing him.

Palace have a new manager, whose first plan will be to make them difficult to beat. New tactics and new motivation could make Palace tricky to break down (although odds are they do get hammered).

A DGW later in the season is much better. You'll potentially have big teams chasing titles and Champs League spots against mid-table or relegated teams with nothing to play for. Look at Harry Kane at the end of the last season - he made a complete mockery of tired teams with little to go for.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i have Kun fear, but if i had him, there's no chance I'd be TC'ing him.

Palace have a new manager, whose first plan will be to make them difficult to beat. New tactics and new motivation could make Palace tricky to break down (although odds are they do get hammered).

A DGW later in the season is much better. You'll potentially have big teams chasing titles and Champs League spots against mid-table or relegated teams with nothing to play for. Look at Harry Kane at the end of the last season - he made a complete mockery of tired teams with little to go for.

True, also the champions league factor, would prefer not to have managers bearing future games in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Which three defenders to start from the below? 4 of them play against each other :D

Yoshida (MUN) - Jones (sou) - SWard (HUD) - Mbemba (bri) - Rosenior (NEW)

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Which three defenders to start from the below? 4 of them play against each other :D

Pretty easy pick IMO - Jones Ward Mbemba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Richarlison away to Swansea, Mee at home to Huddersfield or Chicarito at home to Spurs... Who should I bench? Have Mee benched right now..

I'd agree with that.. no debate..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sheroman01 wrote: »

Agree with the guys about Jones and Ward. But I prefer Rosenior over Mbemba.
    Brighton will be trying to keep it tight as this could be an early 6pter and also I watched Brighton last week and Rosenior had 3 shots I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

who to bench.....carroll at home to watford or matic away to southampton...?

Jones and Ward, would agree. But Saints at home could keep a clean sheet, Newcastle are away and Brighton might tighten up at home. Toss up between these I think, especially Mbemba and Rosenior. Might lean towards Mbemba though ;)

Brighton will be trying to keep it tight as this could be an early 6pter and also I watched Brighton last week and Rosenior had 3 shots I think.

Rosenior was playing right back yeah? Could be something to sway my decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    who to bench.....carroll at home to watford or matic away to southampton...?

Matic I think.

Newcastle beat them twice last season and I'd fancy them to do so again and Mbemba scored for his country in international break so could be a goal threat from set pieces... having said that he's my second sub, but I have Alonso, Davies and Jones who are starters every week.. Mbemba is just there as a playing sub in case he is ever needed..

Ignoring Sigurdsson, who is Evertons next most attacking threat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Rooney

Pickford!! They've looked pretty blunt of late and so I'd give them a wide berth for now.. they do have 3 nice fixtures coming up though, so you could take a punt on Rooney or Calvert-Lewin who scored 2 in league cup.. I think he'll start against Bournemouth as a reward for that..

callaway92 wrote: »
    Rooney
    Pickford!! They've looked pretty blunt of late and so I'd give them a wide berth for now.. they do have 3 nice fixtures coming up though, so you could take a punt on Rooney or Calvert-Lewin who scored 2 in league cup.. I think he'll start against Bournemouth as a reward for that..

Ah sorry, I should have said midfielder!

They've got lovely fixtures coming up, but the midfield looks hard to predict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Darlow is back for Newcastle not sure if that puts Elliot's place under threat but something to keep an eye on

Advertisement