Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ah sorry, I should have said midfielder!

They've got lovely fixtures coming up, but the midfield looks hard to predict.

Vlasic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Darlow is back for Newcastle not sure if that puts Elliot's place under threat but something to keep an eye on

Darrow was on the bench behind Elliot for first two league games.

Think I read that Darlow was free to leave in the summer and Newcastle rate Woodman very highly and didn't let him go out on loan.

Has Darlow been injured or has Woodman been preferred as second choice in recent games?
    I just checked Flashscore and Darlow hasn't been listed as missing/injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Vlasic?

Can't be guaranteed starts thou, you got Gueye, Davies, Lookman, Vlasic, Sigurdsson, Mirallas, Rooney, schneiderlin, Klassen, Besic and Lennon all fit for midfield.

Best off avoiding I think, and theres more to come back , Bolasie, Barkley, Mccarthy

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Firmnio -> Rooney for a 2 week punt before I WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Can't be guaranteed starts thou, you got Gueye, Davies, Lookman, Vlasic, Sigurdsson, Mirallas, Rooney, schneiderlin, Klassen, Besic and Lennon all fit for midfield.

Best off avoiding I think, and theres more to come back , Bolasie, Barkley, Mccarthy

Lennon Besic Lookman Miralles won't start.

Gueye and Schneiderlinn are nailed on.

Siggy is nailed on

Rooney is nailed on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Just realised my entire team is away from home this week :eek:

Although they were all at home last week and we know how that went

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Who to start:

1) Schindler or Mbemba

2) Doucoure or Carroll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wenger on Sanchez:

"For me he needs competition, that's why I left him on the pitch (against Doncaster)."

"He should be ready [for West Brom]."

I really, really need him to start delivering after building my wildcard team around him. I'm praying that starts this gameweek, especially as I'm Aguero-less and he will probably run riot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Which three defenders to start from the below? 4 of them play against each other :D

Yoshida (MUN) - Jones (sou) - SWard (HUD) - Mbemba (bri) - Rosenior (NEW)

Is Rosenior going to keep his place to be a 4 mil starter?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is Rosenior going to keep his place to be a 4 mil starter?

Doesn't look likely.

Bruno is available again and expected to start.

He has a back problem though and at 36 years of age that may give him problems but as club captain he will most likely always start when available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭COH

My girlfriend just told me, having just read the following post in the transfers thread
    My WC is gone and I have Kane and Vardy too so I'm happy with them.
    that this forum didn't make any sense at all.

Then I explained to her that WC means wildcard, not toilet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

2 starts in a row for Mariappa - maybe another option with Mbemba at 4.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If Jones starts wed night I'd say there is a good chance of him not starting against palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

COH wrote: »
    My girlfriend just told me, having just read the following post in the transfers thread
    My WC is gone and I have Kane and Vardy too so I'm happy with them.
    that this forum didn't make any sense at all.

Then I explained to her that WC means wildcard, not toilet.
    Lol that was my post, and I can confirm my jax is working fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

bantee wrote: »
    Lol that was my post, and I can confirm my jax is working fine

The awkward moment when you realise you might have the same gf while browsing FSA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If Jones starts wed night I'd say there is a good chance of him not starting against palace.

I dunno, Palace are **** and all but I'm not sure Mourinho would be in a rush to break up his CB partnership. I think if he was to rotate it would be fullbacks or wingers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

I think he'll start Smalling/Lindelof in Moscow and use Bailly/Jones in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think he'll start Smalling/Lindelof in Moscow and use Bailly/Jones in the league

Interesting to see anyway. The game Wednesday should be a lot tougher so I'd be thinking first choice CBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2 starts in a row for Mariappa - maybe another option with Mbemba at 4.0?

Would be lovely if he did. Looks like we lost a 4m def in Rosenior. If Holgate or Martina were guarnteed to start, they'd be nice picks at 4.4 and 4.3.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Would be lovely if he did. Looks like we lost a 4m def in Rosenior. If Holgate or Martina were guarnteed to start, they'd be nice picks at 4.4 and 4.3.

Martina looks to be near a cert at Everton. Koeman likes him but he's dreadful.

• Advertisement

Sorry just to add to the above Coleman is expected back in November also. So Martina will likely lose his place in December. So likely starter for next 2 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sorry just to add to the above Coleman is expected back in November also. So Martina will likely lose his place in December. So likely starter for next 2 months

I'm hoping Kenny takes his place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Went back to my GW1 team and had a look.

Foster
    Kolasanic/Bertrand/Mee
    DeBruyne/Ince/Zaha/Willian
    Firmino/Kane/Lukaku

If i'd just left that team as is, and left the armband on Lukaku, I'd be on 302 points. Even leaving the armband on Kane or Firmino I'd be on 290

But no, in my infinite wisdom I've taken -12 in hits, burned my wildcard, and currently have 286 points :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Is there a boards.ie league or am I way too late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Went back to my GW1 team and had a look.

Foster
    Kolasanic/Bertrand/Mee
    DeBruyne/Ince/Zaha/Willian
    Firmino/Kane/Lukaku

If i'd just left that team as is, and left the armband on Lukaku, I'd be on 302 points. Even leaving the armband on Kane or Firmino I'd be on 290

But no, in my infinite wisdom I've taken -12 in hits, burned my wildcard, and currently have 286 points :rolleyes:

Inspired by your post, I went back and checked my GW1 team and would currently be sitting on 325 (leaving the armband on Lukaku) rather than 315 I'm sitting on if I hadn't gone near it.

This 315 is after a -8 and using my WC.

Original team featured 8 points from JWP & a solid 2 from injured Zaha. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

334 (no changes) vs 338

Makes you wonder you we bother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It's an interesting thought alright about GW1 teams. For me 344 currently, would have been 315.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

318 GW1 team Vs 339 actual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

354 actual vs 343 gw 1 untouched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

291 GW1 V 261 Currently.... FFS.

Advertisement