Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Feenix wrote: »
    291 GW1 V 261 Currently.... FFS.

ouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Is there a boards.ie league or am I way too late?

116416-440564 for the free league, the qualifying league is closed to entries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Shedite27 wrote:
    If i'd just left that team as is, and left the armband on Lukaku, I'd be on 302 points. Even leaving the armband on Kane or Firmino I'd be on 290
    Inspired by your post, I went back and checked my GW1 team and would currently be sitting on 325 (leaving the armband on Lukaku) rather than 315 I'm sitting on if I hadn't gone near it.

366, instead of 400 I'm on now.

That includes auto subs from RLC from when Pogba got injured a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I'm ten points better off. Why bother

I think the lesson here is to stick to your guns, stop chasing lost points (Aguero hatrick, Morata hatrick etc) and put your time and efforts into your captaincy choices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

341 vs 345, if I left Lukaku as captain. 4pts better off now. I've only changed 4 players since GW1! Daniels, Fab, KdB and Gabbi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Went back to my GW1 team and had a look.

Foster
    Kolasanic/Bertrand/Mee
    DeBruyne/Ince/Zaha/Willian
    Firmino/Kane/Lukaku

If i'd just left that team as is, and left the armband on Lukaku, I'd be on 302 points. Even leaving the armband on Kane or Firmino I'd be on 290

But no, in my infinite wisdom I've taken -12 in hits, burned my wildcard, and currently have 286 points :rolleyes:
    That includes auto subs from RLC from when Pogba got injured a few weeks ago.

Adding in Tom Carroll autosubbing in for Zaha, I'd be 11 points more....
    313 points if I'd left my team alone
    286 currently

Have a look at the guy who is top in Ireland. He's hardly made a change to his starting XI in 6 weeks.

He has had the same starting midfield (Silva, Miki and Salah) and front line (Aguero, Chicharito and Firmino) every week.

He's never had a single spurs or Arsenal player and he's captained Aguero every week, Incl triple captain in week 5 when Aguero scored a hatrick.

He is actively managing his team as he seems to use his ft to change his bench only (all fodder) but oddly enough he used his Free hit chip to only make 2-3 minor changes to his starting XI.

And if he wasnt enough of a legend already, he's got Gareth Barry on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

196 v 220 how I won any of my leagues last year is beyond me it's been a nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

For those in Draft leagues, we're 6 weeks in now, what is the general consensus on it?

I'm personally enjoying it but I'd have plenty on constructive criticism for them.

- I'd like to be able to transfer between managers

- Players that are transacted out should be available as free agents to other managers in the 24 hours before that GW, as opposed to being added as a waiver
    option
    for the next week.

- I think the transaction set up benefits the lower positioned teams too much.

- The prep for transactions before the 24 hour activation is quite cumbersome, I'd like to be able to choose lets say Alonso in and have 1,2,3
    preference of defenders out instead of loads of different transactions. currently if you looked at my transaction numbers, I look mental with
    so many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

There's a guy ahead of me in our friendly league on 347 points. He has made 2 early transfers and hasn't touched his team since, apart from putting Mane and Pogba on the bench during their injuries / suspensions. It's not autosub either.
    RLC and Tom Carroll make up 2 of his 3 midfield. Rashford up front with Lukaku and Firmino.

I'm 30 points behind this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Those posts comparing Gameweek 1 team with current are interesting. Would feel bad if I made significant changes that didn't pay off and then had no wildcard for later. In fact I don't think I could check even I would be so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I'm on 331, but would be on 311 if I'd left it alone... Main reason is I had TAA and Benteke in my initial team.. they were shipped lively style..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Great idea, would have been 330 with Monreal to play tonight instead of 312, no one left tonight and no wildcard left....mad. I'm going to track this for the season to see how I would have ended up!

I wrote this about Palace playing a friendly against Bromley to prepare themselves for Man United, give it a read if you like clicking links and stuff.

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/09/25/crystal-palace-play-conference-side-lose-3-0/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Checked my GW1 Team and compared.

On the assumption that Lukaku would be my captain everyweek from GW1 I'd be on 325 points. Currently have 352

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭dasa29

293 GW1 team Vs 328 Actual, that is without Foster and Dawson who play tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Interesting to see anyway. The game Wednesday should be a lot tougher so I'd be thinking first choice CBS.

Jones and valencia have not travelled

Could well see Bailly and smalling with ljndelof CDM as fellaini is out injured
    Matic has also travelled though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭roosterman71

How are ye adding the points for the GW1 team to now? Simple maths or is it shown somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

How are ye adding the points for the GW1 team to now? Simple maths or is it shown somewhere?

I assume they are just going to the week 1 team and hitting the "i" of each player where the total is given and adding them up. Dunno any other way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    Jones and valencia have not travelled

Could well see Bailly and smalling with ljndelof CDM as fellaini is out injured
    Matic has also travelled though

Great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I assume they are just going to the week 1 team and hitting the "i" of each player where the total is given and adding them up. Dunno any other way.

So you're telling me I didn't have to open two windows and cross reference each player as if I was doing a transfer to see how many points each player had. Least I did it on company time

eh i dunno wrote: »
    So you're telling me I didn't have to open two windows and cross reference each player as if I was doing a transfer to see how many points each player had.

I literally did exactly this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

eh i dunno wrote: »
    So you're telling me I didn't have to open two windows and cross reference each player as if I was doing a transfer to see how many points each player had. Least I did it on company time

I don't really get what you did, but sounds like a lot of effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Actual Score 318 v GW1 score 320....couldn't be tighter!! Although Zaha was in my GW1 team and hasnt played since! Having a bad season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭roosterman71

GW1 score 277 vs 352 actual
    Made 5 transfers since GW1

mectavba wrote: »
    Actual Score 318 v GW1 score 320....couldn't be tighter!!

What if it was 318 V 319? :pac:

For those in Draft leagues, we're 6 weeks in now, what is the general consensus on it?

I'm personally enjoying it but I'd have plenty on constructive criticism for them.

- I'd like to be able to transfer between managers

- Players that are transacted out should be available as free agents to other managers in the 24 hours before that GW, as opposed to being added as a waiver
    option
    for the next week.

- I think the transaction set up benefits the lower positioned teams too much.

- The prep for transactions before the 24 hour activation is quite cumbersome, I'd like to be able to choose lets say Alonso in and have 1,2,3
    preference of defenders out instead of loads of different transactions. currently if you looked at my transaction numbers, I look mental with
    so many.

It's not as absorbing as the real game but it's still enjoyable.

Agree with all your points except the benefits to lower placed teams. They only get 1st pick per round so it's not too much of an advantage unless a player like Bale joined just before window closed but that won't be relevant next year.

I'd say managers with Sane, Sterling and Martial probably feel a tad lucky for points return v minutes played.

Ace2007 wrote: »

Or just use this site... get your team ID from game view history view. Your number is embedded in URL at top of page..

http://www.game-change.co.uk/2017/08/28/fantasy-football-what-if-machine/

• Advertisement

After Lacazatte and Kolasanic hauls last night, 2 players I've parted company with, my original gameweek1 team is 337, 6 points better than my actual team. Ha ha.. that's pretty sickening... I've taken 2 4 point hits and used my wildcard! I think next year, I might just pick 15 and leave them alone barring injury..

Advertisement