Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Kane triple captain for the weekend I think. Can't see augero doing much against chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane triple captain for the weekend I think. Can't see augero doing much against chelsea

His away record is ridiculously good, especially in the last 9-10 months.

With the Wembley woes I wouldnt be against the idea of playing a TC is a plum away fixture or even pair of away matches in a dgw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

His away record is ridiculously good, especially in the last 9-10 months.

With the Wembley woes I wouldnt be against the idea of playing a TC is a plum away fixture or even pair of away matches in a dgw.
    I'm no expert but I certainly don't see the logic in using TC in anything other than a double game week! Kane alone got me 93 points when I used the TC on him last season for a double game week.

Does the triple captain work for both games in a double game week? Probably keep it for that if so, although a DGW is a few months away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

Does the triple captain work for both games in a double game week? Probably keep it for that if so, although a DGW is a few months away?

Yes it does. See my post just above yours. :)

• Advertisement

Nice one. Definitely keeping it so. Just saw a LOT of people in my league used it on August last week, thought I was missing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hi all,
    A Successful wildcard for the stats team returning 89 points

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/09/26/gameweek-6-odds-on-fpl-review/

Now at 188K and doing better than my personal team.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Hi all,
    A Successful wildcard for the stats team returning 89 points

https://oddsonfpl.com/2017/09/26/gameweek-6-odds-on-fpl-review/

Now at 188K and doing better than my personal team.

sorry what do you mean by stats team? do people run 2 teams these days?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Lacazette in for Aguero anyone?

Question is, will he start, which in itself is extremely bizarre as he should be the first name on the team sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    sorry what do you mean by stats team? do people run 2 teams these days?

No of course not that would be against the rules! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Shano & Paddyg is there a need to post every single link to your blog here ?

I'm sure if people wanted to read it they could find it themselves.

Very spammy and puts me off reading it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Shano & Paddyg is there a need to post every single link to your blog here ?

I'm sure if people wanted to read it they could find it themselves.

Very spammy and puts me off reading it.
    Agreed,

The bookies odds thread is worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Agreed,

The bookies odds thread is worse.

I appreciate what they're trying to do surprised it's been allowed. I don't mind the odd link really I haven't found it too bad but then I tend not to bother with the odds thread.

jimmii wrote: »
    I appreciate what they're trying to do surprised it's been allowed. I don't mind the odd link really I haven't found it too bad but then I tend not to bother with the odds thread.
    It is great what they are trying to do, it is just very spammy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sorry guys don't mean to come across as spammy.

I'll leave the posts out of here and just post the clean sheet/points one in the bookies thread as that is just stats for everyone.

eoghan104 wrote: »
    It is great what they are trying to do, it is just very spammy.

Hi mate, sorry its coming across as spammy, just figured since we sort of started the blog with the aim of helping boardies that we would share what we do here. We can leave it to the thread though only.

Edit: and now we both comment on the same thread :D

Hi mate, sorry its coming across as spammy, just figured since we sort of started the blog with the aim of helping boardies that we would share what we do here. We can leave it to the thread though only.

Edit: and now we both comment on the same thread :D
    Ah I was being a D!ck. not really a big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Wilberto wrote: »
    Lacazette in for Aguero anyone?

Question is, will he start, which in itself is extremely bizarre as he should be the first name on the team sheet.

I did Jesus ----> Lacazette. He just can't possibly be dropped.

I'll then get my City cover back in next GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I reckon aguero won't start one of gw8 and gw9 home to stoke or home to Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Anyone watching the full City game last night? Was Jesus in a wide right of the front 3? I think he's going to be an unbelievable player over the next few years, but between playing in the cup games and sometimes out wide, it will hurt his FPL scores big time.

I've really wanted to have him in my team all season, but Guardiola has my brain fried at this point! Will be interesting also to see if Aguero stays on pens now, especially if Jesus is on the pitch with him next time they get one.

• Advertisement

I reckon aguero won't start one of gw8 and gw9 home to stoke or home to Burnley.

I think the same. They have Napoli in back to back ties coming up so there will be a good bit of midfield/forward rotation in the PL teams I would think. Aguero will almost certainly start those 2 Napoli games, so could easily lose minutes elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

McBain11 wrote: »
    I think the same. They have Napoli in back to back ties coming up so there will be a good bit of midfield/forward rotation in the PL teams I would think. Aguero will almost certainly start those 2 Napoli games, so could easily lose minutes elsewhere.

Aguero and Jesus both going to s america for international break aswell. Its a headwreck though as you don't know which game it will be and the game he does play in he will be the best captain option.

Aguero and Jesus both going to s america for international break aswell. Its a headwreck though as you don't know which game it will be and the game he does play in he will be the best captain option.

On that, I would say that the internationals in general hurt Jesus Man City game time much more. Aguero hasn't seen much action with Argentina in awhile afaik. Jesus is the starting no.9 for Brazil in all their qualifiers, but with them now qualified that could also change!

Either way, even with Agueros great City form, I don't think he'll start Argentinas big games coming up. Which would be a plus point for him FPL wise when he returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Bit of a tricky situation with news of Jones out.

Defence currently looking at:

Jones (inj), Mendy (inj), Kola (BRI), Naughton (whu), Hunemeier (won't play)

Nothing ITB.
    Obvious like for like is Walker for Mendy
    Then thinking I could downgrade Mendy to Stones to have some cash ITB to upgrade elsewhere
    Even thinking of dbl Arsenal defence getting Monreal/Bellerin in and upgrading to Walker after the internationals.

Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Bit of a tricky situation with news of Jones out.

Defence currently looking at:

Jones (inj), Mendy (inj), Kola (BRI), Naughton (whu), Hunemeier (won't play)

Nothing ITB.
    Obvious like for like is Walker for Mendy
    Then thinking I could downgrade Mendy to Stones to have some cash ITB to upgrade elsewhere
    Even thinking of dbl Arsenal defence getting Monreal/Bellerin in and upgrading to Walker after the internationals.

Any advice?

Wait for press conference
    He isn't ruled out for certain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I’m holding Jones till I get more concrete news. Even if he miss’s this week he has a couple of weeks break after that to get right

Completely off topic lads but why do my posts never work in the soccer forums? Tried in multiple threads since I joined but my posts never appear even tho I can read every one else's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Completely off topic lads but why do my posts never work in the soccer forums? Tried in multiple threads since I joined but my posts never appear even tho I can read every one else's?
    You need to request access...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055299810

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

You need to have access to the forum to post in it.

You can request access here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=451

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

You have to request access.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=451

Read the sticky first.

Advertisement