Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    The City defence has completely flown under the radar for me. Not quite sure how I've missed this, but 5 clean sheets in 7, 4 in a row, with Stoke (H) and Burnley (H) their next two games.

Which one of the CB's misses out when Kompany makes his monthly appearance?

Given the money spent on Stones, you'd have to imagine Otamendi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Paully D wrote: »
    The City defence has completely flown under the radar for me. Not quite sure how I've missed this, but 5 clean sheets in 7, 4 in a row, with Stoke (H) and Burnley (H) their next two games.

Which one of the CB's misses out when Kompany makes his monthly appearance?
    They have only conceded 2 goals
    Had otamendi in my WC team took him out due to his fondness for yellows !
    He has got yellows but also got a goal that week !
    Kompany is the problem
    I have been considering stones or walker ahead of their next 2 games but don't think I'll have the transfer to spare
    If I was on WC I'd certainly be getting one
    Ederson also attracted bonus yday
    Must be for his passes !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Lemlin wrote:
    Given the money spent on Stones, you'd have to imagine Otamendi.

I highly doubt a transfer fee would have any bearing on team selection! Kompany might not get straight back in the team if they keep defending as they have to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

I've had walker a couple of weeks now. Feel he is safest option, and while he hasn't been contributing in terms of attacking points, he has looked dangerous.[/quote]
    I think he is the one alright
    Rotation always a fear
    Perhaps lessened by mendy being out but Danilo , Sterling can and have played RWB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Random enough question - but has anyone been added to a random league -

a league called "€200 League | charity10k.com" just appeared in my list of leagues - which I most definitely did not join.

The League was set up by Division. He made a post about it a while ago so you definitely joined. It.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

The League was set up by Division. He made a post about it a while ago so you definitely joined. It.

Did Division just renew a league? I am in a few leagues I joined last year and was automatically included when the league was renewed even though I didn't technically join them this year.

Did Division just renew a league? I am in a few leagues I joined last year and was automatically included when the league was renewed even though I didn't technically join them this year.

Its possible it was renewed but I don't think so. I'm 90% sure he posted this year,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I highly doubt a transfer fee would have any bearing on team selection! Kompany might not get straight back in the team if they keep defending as they have to date.

Maybe I didn't expand the point enough - Guardiola thought enough of Stones to spend a huge transfer fee on him. Otamendi was already there.

Therefore I think Guardiola would lean towards Stones if one were to be dropped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Plus Stones hasn’t done much of his crazy jittery stuff so far this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Was on wildcard this week,considered bringing in Delph to midfield as cheap midfielder who would play out of position as left back in Mendys place.Didnt pick him in end,went for Davis ( Southampton).

Would picking Delph have being a good move points scoring wise?

Was on wildcard this week,considered bringing in Delph to midfield as cheap midfielder who would play out of position as left back in Mendys place.Didnt pick him in end,went for Davis ( Southampton).

Delph not nailed on at LWB though.

Delph/Sane/Danilo could all play there. Andy King is 4.5 and starts for Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

He's the opposite of a good oop player. A midfielder playing in defence can only gain one clean sheet point, and has far less attacking points potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

km79 wrote: »
    Based on what ?

He'll be playing centrally, and is lethal. Pretty simple. Get him in before the plebs and enjoy the early hauls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    He'll be playing centrally, and is lethal. Pretty simple. Get him in before the plebs and enjoy the early hauls.

Plus they're also away to Crystal Palace next week. :)

Hmmm....I'm looking to offload Alli as I have Kane and Davies anyway, and have no Chelsea cover for next week.

I was still looking at De Bruyne though as well. I do already have David Silva though as cheap(ish) City coverage.

So, Alli for De Bruyne (Stoke (H)) or Hazard (Palace (A))?

Would not be selling Alli before homegame against Bournemouth
    It's better than either of those 2 fixtures and he has a one game int ban too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Alli got 2 assists the previous week and hit the post yesterday. No way should anybody be taking him out before Bournemouth at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

km79 wrote: »
    I think he is the one alright
    Rotation always a fear
    Perhaps lessened by mendy being out but Danilo , Sterling can and have played RWB

City didn't play traditional wing backs yesterday, when they were defending they had a flat back 4. Going forward, the 2 "fullbacks" tuck into midfield and played from there. With the ball it was pretty much....

Otamendi
    Stones

Walker--F'dinho--Delph
    Sterling
    Silva
    DeBruyne
    Sane
    Jesus

Walker and Delph didn't get forward at all and for me that was the reason Delph played over Danillo. It was a tactic Pep did a lot at Bayern with Alaba/Lahm as the FB/DMs. If he persists with it, the FBs/WBs are not an attacking option, and no chance Sterling/Sane comes in to those positions.

That said, yesterday may have been a one off for Chelsea away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Well, that's me told then! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Shedite27 wrote: »
    City didn't play traditional wing backs yesterday, when they were defending they had a flat back 4. Going forward, the 2 "fullbacks" tuck into midfield and played from there. With the ball it was pretty much....

Otamendi
    Stones

Walker--F'dinho--Delph
    Sterling
    Silva
    DeBruyne
    Sane
    Jesus

Walker and Delph didn't get forward at all and for me that was the reason Delph played over Danillo. It was a tactic Pep did a lot at Bayern with Alaba/Lahm as the FB/DMs. If he persists with it, the FBs/WBs are not an attacking option, and no chance Sterling/Sane comes in to those positions.

That said, yesterday may have been a one off for Chelsea away.

"False full backs" as they call it in pes

Any idea on long term prospects Chancel Mbemba and Suttner?

Both were dropped yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Definitely wouldn't be confident on Mbemba becoming a regular starter.

For 4.0 though he's still not a bad option. I'd still rather have a sub at 4.5 who will always be starting though.. Yedlin is 4.4

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Newcastle looked pretty solid yesterday without Mbemba so hard to see him get back in unfortunately unless there's injuries after the international games.

Mbemba 89% to a rise anyway so should be value safe bench fodder for a long while at least even if he doesn't play.

I imagine Suttner should be back in for Everton. Looking at his stats from last year he seems a very attacking left back so maybe they went for a more defensive option against Arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Alli got 2 assists the previous week and hit the post yesterday. No way should anybody be taking him out before Bournemouth at home.
    Yeah but Alli's problem is £9.5m. This year value is trickier and I'm not sure building team value will help if it goes on like now since there's almost no mid price performers. So you either get a premium or a cheap player (for every position). United Jones is a rare exception.

That said for this GW WCers, it's easier to fit him in with Aguero & Morata out.

Any tech heads in here ? Although I doubt this is really ‘tech’ but it is for me.

My TV screen gets very fücking hot. So hot that I can feel it makes a difference to the temperature of the room which is already hot enough.

I’ve searched online to resolve the problem but when I google ‘tv hot screen’ I get nothing but info about plasmas.

I’ve got a 40 inch Samsung LCD.

So my question - why type of tv screen will NEVER heat up or get hot.

I can’t find a forum on boards that might be able to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I would have thought off topic would have been more suitable! There is definitely a tech forum knocking around somewhere on my phone so not so easy to find.

Edit: http://touch.boards.ie/forum/9 should be able to get some help there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any tech heads in here ? Although I doubt this is really ‘tech’ but it is for me.

My TV screen gets very fücking hot. So hot that I can feel it makes a difference to the temperature of the room which is already hot enough.

I’ve searched online to resolve the problem but when I google ‘tv hot screen’ I get nothing but info about plasmas.

I’ve got a 40 inch Samsung LCD.

So my question - why type of tv screen will NEVER heat up or get hot.

I can’t find a forum on boards that might be able to help.

Have you checked the back of it to see if it's covered up with dust? If there isn't air getting into the vents, it will over heat, also if there are other heat soruces nearby like a radiator etc it may cause the tv to become too hot.

Advertisement