Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

jimmii wrote: »
    I would have thought off topic would have been more suitable! There is definitely a tech forum knocking around somewhere on my phone so not so easy to find.

Edit: http://touch.boards.ie/forum/9 should be able to get some help there.

Sorry.

You’re right.

I thought I was in that thread.

Apologies all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Any tech heads in here ? Although I doubt this is really ‘tech’ but it is for me.

My TV screen gets very fücking hot. So hot that I can feel it makes a difference to the temperature of the room which is already hot enough.

I’ve searched online to resolve the problem but when I google ‘tv hot screen’ I get nothing but info about plasmas.

I’ve got a 40 inch Samsung LCD.

So my question - why type of tv screen will NEVER heat up or get hot.

I can’t find a forum on boards that might be able to help.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Sorry I couldn't resist..... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Sorry I couldn't resist..... :pac:

2234fa431771307180c6071e21080fa2--funny-people-pictures-random-pictures.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I’ve got a 40 inch Samsung LCD.

Might be worth taking a hit and buying Son(y) if Samsung is gonna be out for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Might be worth taking a hit and buying Son(y) if Samsung is gonna be out for the season.

If its a grade 2 samsung should only be 6-8 weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ask Ki Samsung Yeung

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭COH

Ok so we know the TV. All we need now is your RV and OR and we'll be in a better position to offer advice.

Either way taking hits will probably be damaging to TV at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

COH wrote: »
    Ok so we know the TV. All we need now is your RV and OR and we'll be in a better position to offer advice.

Either way taking hits will probably be damaging to TV at this stage.

Better chance of boosting the TV I would have thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Better chance of boosting the TV I would have thought.
    I think a 'free hit' with a hammer might also be a good option

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I use the ‘who scored’ app for all football results, formations and line-ups but it’s fairly basic.

Any better suggestions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Any better suggestions ?

I use boards.

But the 'Fotmob' is good for team lineups, scores, assist, cards and substitutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I use boards.

But the 'Fotmob' is good for team lineups, scores, assist, cards and substitutions.

Flash score is pretty good. Goal updates are almost instant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I think there is one called LiveScore addicts which has a lot of extra details.

I use FlashScore.

I think there is one called LiveScore addicts which has a lot of extra details.

I use FlashScore.

Nothing coming up for ‘livescore addicts’.

Ive installed the other 2 that were suggested and I’ll see what they’re like over the next few weeks.

Won’t be hard to be better than ‘who scored’

I use the ‘who scored’ app for all football results, formations and line-ups but it’s fairly basic.

Any better suggestions ?

I know it sounds very clunky but I use B365 as an app for getting the notification for goals, they're literally instant for betting purposes.

Then search the team on Twitter which usually give a good indication of who scored, possibly the assister.

By this stage, I've found LiveScore, etc still don't have the GS or assister on it so one step ahead :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I use Forza Football, it has goals, assists, team lineups, stats, tables, and sometimes video replays (depending on the game).

I know it sounds very clunky but I use B365 as an app for getting the notification for goals, they're literally instant for betting purposes.

Then search the team on Twitter which usually give a good indication of who scored, possibly the assister.

By this stage, I've found LiveScore, etc still don't have the GS or assister on it so one step ahead :cool:

It’s not really the results or ‘goals as they’re scored’ I’m looking for.

It’s more formations, line-ups, shots on and off target and so on.

Thanks for all reply’s.

I should have also said it’s not just for premiership - It’s for all soccer.

I went on ‘who scored’ this morning to look at the Argentina results and the information available was pretty poor.

I’ve downloaded the 3 recommendation - FotMob, FlashScore and Forza.

I’ll report back in 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sofascore is decent

It’s not really the results or ‘goals as they’re scored’ I’m looking for.

It’s more formations, line-ups, shots on and off target and so on.

Ahh apologies, I misread.
    I went on ‘who scored’ this morning to look at the Argentina results and the information available was pretty poor.

I watched it and it was awful, Messi seemed like Argentina's only outlet to get a goal and missed a couple of great chances. Benedetto played up front which was part of the tactic I think as it was played in the Bombonera but was pretty quiet. In the end, I felt it was a case of Argentina hanging on for 1 point as they could have easily lost it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Any better suggestions ?

soccerway.com has lineups, subs, live updates etc. Also very good for older stats, be they players, league tables, transfers etc.

Also, I noticed recently that you can click on players name during game and they give you stats on passes, shots, etc. of that player - I'm not sure if those player stats are perfect, but I presume they're pretty good as it's a fairly popular site.

Best all round football site imo

First impressions on the apps are that FotMot might be best for me.

I’ll try that website McBain.

Funny because only thing I’m looking for now is a website or app for heat maps - one for overall team averages and for individual players too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Another vote from me for fotmob, great little app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Footmob here aswell... the search function is excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I’ll report back in 3-4 weeks.

With a power point presentation comparing and contrasting the pros and cons of each please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

When are Brazil playing over intl break?....will be hoping Jesus comes through unscathed as want him in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

When are Brazil playing over intl break?....will be hoping Jesus comes through unscathed as want him in!

Say a prayer

Having played around a bit more I’m favouring SofaScore.

Assuming their heat maps are accurate then I’m finding it the easiest and most informative to use.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

He seemed to have come through unscathed yesterday in Bolivia. They're playing again though in Brazil against Chile on Wednesday 11th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Re: Apps

I use one on Android that has the catchy name 'Scores and Video'. :P

It has scores and videos of said scores.

Videos of goals usually go up within a few minutes, then a highlights video at the end of most premier league games, definitely all of the top teams. Links to the goals, to be viewed in a browser not the app itself.

Goal alerts are slower than other apps, but formations and stats are there.
    I use Flashscore with realtime alerts for goals, then watch them on 'Scores and Video' a few minutes later.

Have tried Forza before but I prefer this as find it more reliable , but haven't used Forza in a while.

Videos are sometimes removed after a day or so.

Advertisement