Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Salah number 1 penalty taker according to Klopp today, anyone with Firmino should be worried!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

AdpRo wrote: »
    Salah number 1 penalty taker according to Klopp today, anyone with Firmino should be worried!

Suddenly interested in Salah.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have De Gea(Pool A) and Elliot( SaintsA)......as my keepers.

Am I mad to consider picking Elliot over De Gea this week?
    Have a feeling Liverpool will score v Utd.
    What are Southampton like at home lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Have De Gea(Pool A) and Elliot( SaintsA)......as my keepers.

Am I mad to consider picking Elliot over De Gea this week? Have a feeling Liverpool will score v Utd. What are Southampton like at home lately?

Posted same conundrum in another thread,we are not alone,very popular combo,edging towards Elliot as the saints attack are toothless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Not exactly looking like a high-scoring weekend, unless owners have doubled up on City midfielders!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not exactly looking like a high-scoring weekend, unless owners have doubled up on City midfielders!

Somebody somewhere will have DDG, Jones, Jesus, TPT, Sterling, kdb and Erikson in their team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Not that odd really - but you know someone will have Tammy Abraham TC :confused:

Finally paying off for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Considering benching Kane next week at home again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Bet you don't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Just transfer him out in that case. Took more great saves to stop him scoring today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Eriksen is the highest scoring player in the game. I'm surprised at that slipping under the radar a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Eriksen is the highest scoring player in the game. I'm surprised at that slipping under the radar a bit.

He's a fantastic player and fantasy asset. I had him most of last year and for some reason I started without him this year, got him in GW4 wildcard and he's staying in my team bar injury, I'd probably sell Kane ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

I think its time to get rid of Lukaku. He's a great player and had him since GW1 but when he hits a dry patch it tends to last and I don't think he's in the Aguero/Kane class for scoring v the bigger teams. Just need to figure out Peps thoughts somehow re playing Jesus and Aguero or rotating the two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Islander13 wrote: »
    I think its time to get rid of Lukaku. He's a great player and had him since GW1 but when he hits a dry patch it tends to last and I don't think he's in the Aguero/Kane class for scoring v the bigger teams. Just need to figure out Peps thoughts somehow re playing Jesus and Aguero or rotating the two

He is going out for Morata for me, maybe after this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Having a terrible year and can't get anything right from week one. Week 7 transfers I did early and dumped Jones. This week I said I'd wait instead of doing Morata to Jesus, I brought in Aguero. I lost a bunch of money as well as points. Not enjoying it at all and thinking of taking a break, which I won't of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

patmac wrote: »
    Having a terrible year and can't get anything right from week one. Week 7 transfers I did early and dumped Jones. This week I said I'd wait instead of doing Morata to Jesus, I brought in Aguero. I lost a bunch of money as well as points. Not enjoying it at all and thinking of taking a break, which I won't of course.

Your 8 games weeks in,time to man up.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

patmac wrote: »

Similar it is all going t*ts up for me as well.
    I was convinced that Chelsea would hammer Palace so much so I took an 8 point with two free transfers to get Batshuayi and Hazard silva and Naughton.
    I captained Hazard who did f**k all without a striker to hold up the ball.
    Worse still Batshuayi throws a hissy fit when he is taken off to rub salt into the wounds.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Similar it is all going t*ts up for me as well. I was convinced that Chelsea would hammer Palace so much so I took an 8 point with two free transfers to get Batshuayi and Hazard silva and Naughton. I captained Hazard who did f**k all without a striker to hold up the ball. Worse still Batshuayi throws a hissy fit when he is taken off to rub salt into the wounds.

Similar pain here. I've held off on getting rid of Alonso for 3 weeks because they had Palace coming up... CS and serious chance of attacking points. Was downgrading to Jones. If I'd have pulled the trigger 3 weeks ago I'd be 15 pts better off.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Last year, i was at 27k at game week 10. After game week 20 i had fallen to 1.2 million. I was lucky but ended the season at 9.5k.
    Keep the head up, you will come good in the end.

• Advertisement

Just watching the Watford game now.

I’d be shocked if there is any retrospective action taken for the Richarlison penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Just watching the Watford game now.

I’d be shocked if there is any retrospective action taken for the Richarlison penalty.

An FA panel have already said there is no action to be taken against him.
    Watford forward Richarlison will not be punished for simulation after he won his side a penalty in a 2-1 victory over Arsenal on Saturday.

The Brazilian, 20, went down following a challenge from Hector Bellerin to earn a spot-kick which allowed the Hornets to equalise.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger called the penalty award a "scandalous decision".

The incident did go to a Football Association simulation panel but they decided there was no case to answer.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41639158

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Shakespeare sacked as Leicester manager....it's almost like one of those tragic plays written by that famous English writer who's name I can't remember right now.

Not sure what effect this might have on anything FPL related though given how meh they've been for the past while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,909 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'd fancy Tuchel will be mentioned a lot in the media over the next few days.

Big Sam too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Shakespeare sacked as Leicester manager....it's almost like one of those tragic plays written by that famous English writer who's name I can't remember right now.

Not sure what effect this might have on anything FPL related though given how meh they've been for the past while
    I didn't realise how ****e they were till I saw them last night. Vardy hardly had a touch

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Its why I stayed away from vardy on wildcard . Although he has done well they have been very poor so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Enid Blyton ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shakespeare sacked as Leicester manager....

Ophelia must have kicked up a fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

PARlance wrote: »
    Ophelia must have kicked up a fuss.

Much Ado About Nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

They have great fixtures coming up.
    But Leicester only know how to play a certain way.
    A new manager would have to rip it up and start again if he departed from their tried and tested formula.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement