Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads what’s the biggest hit you’d take and not mind? I’m looking at my first hitof the season a -8 my team is in a bit of bother at the min have 2 FT’s and willing to take a hit

De Gea Elliot
    Davies Lowe Maguire TAA Long
    Salah DeBrune Ritchie Davies Cork
    Lukaku Kane Vardy

Davies about to lose out to Rose
    Lowe not getting points
    TAA not playing
    Longs ok as he’s bench fodder
    Salah - pool are muck
    Ritchie - not getting points
    Davies didn’t even start the last game
    Cork - bench fodder
    Vardy - new manager

I’ve 2fts this week but also have my wildcard should I try and salvage my team this week or jump on the wildcard straight away ? Opinions are needed as it’s wrecking my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads what’s the biggest hit you’d take and not mind? I’m looking at my first hitof the season a -8 my team is in a bit of bother at the min have 2 FT’s and willing to take a hit

De Gea Elliot
    Lukaku Kane Vardy

Lowe not getting points
    TAA not playing
    Salah - pool are muck
    Cork - bench fodder
    Vardy - new manager

I’ve 2fts this week but also have my wildcard should I try and salvage my team this week or jump on the wildcard straight away ? Opinions are needed as it’s wrecking my head

Absolutely no evidence of this. Why are people assuming that Rose is going to walk back into the team? Davies has been playing (very well) since the start of February, Rose clearly wants out of Spurs and we all know from what happened with Kyle Walker at the end of last season, that Pochettino can hold grudges.

I'm sure there will be some rotation, but I'm not so sure Davies will lose out that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

De Gea Elliot
    Lukaku Kane Vardy

Lowe not getting points
    TAA not playing
    Salah - pool are muck
    Cork - bench fodder
    Vardy - new manager

I see too much deadwood in your team and you don't have appropriate City coverage. You need a City striker, preferably Aguero who's back. If it was me I'd keep Salah. Pool are about to hit form and he's their chief points getter until Mane is fit. Can see Lukaku get a goal or two against Huddersfield but I'd consider downgrading to Vardy or Morata following the next GW but that IS very risky. Leicester will probably be buoyed by the new manager so Maguire too could be good to keep.

Davies (m), Lowe, TAA, Long, Cork, regardless of how cheap should be on the chopping block. I'd say Ben Davies could start this weekend. You could sort your team out a lot with 3/4 transfers and save your WC. Who do you HAVE TO HAVE for this GW and next?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Getting rid of Salah would be an awful decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »
    Absolutely no evidence of this. Why are people assuming that Rose is going to walk back into the team? Davies has been playing (very well) since the start of February, Rose clearly wants out of Spurs and we all know from what happened with Kyle Walker at the end of last season, that Pochettino can hold grudges.

I'm sure there will be some rotation, but I'm not so sure Davies will lose out that often.

Rose is also about 2 stone overweight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Benimar wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Dropping Bavies isn't going to happen anytime in the next 3 - 4 GWs. He's been playing too well.
    Some rotation may occur with CL games but rose will be eased bsck in after a near 10 month injury.

Don't be surprised if Rose gets a bit of time in left midfield too.

Salah was more a free up funds move. Here’s my 11 for the next two currently

De Gea (HUD & TOT)
    Bavies (Liv & MNU)
    Lowe (MNU & liv)
    Maguire (Swa & Eve)
    Salah (TOT & HUD)
    De Bruyne (Bur & WBA)
    Ritchie (Cry & Bur)
    Davies (WBA & Bri)
    Lukaku (HUD & TOT)
    Vardy (SWA & Eve)
    Kane (Liv & Eve)
    ***EDIT haven’t taken Home or away into consideration here ****

Lowe and Davies sticking out and I wonder is Shelvy better call then Ritchie and save a few bob too

Elliot and Cork on the bench hasn’t me to pushed but TAA and Long are doing nothing, ideally someone here I could rotate with Lowe, if I could find .9 I could do TAA to Jones and leave Long

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Lads what’s the biggest hit you’d take and not mind?

Need to take a medium/long term approach. It's rare a hit will pay off immediately, although it does happen. I hesitated to do Mkhitaryan to Sterling last week and it would have paid off the hit (and more) after one week. You should focus on expected points from both players over 4-5 weeks. If this warrants the -4, go for it.

The same logic applies to a -4 as it does to a -20, although it is rare to see top managers doing more than a -8. Some people have a 'no hits' policy which is fundamentally wrong. Just as wrong as taking hits every week to chase last weeks points. Take a measured, logical approach that is not focused solely on the coming week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Having a terrible season 2.675m, my forwards in particular City are the reason.
    Week 1:I had Jesus 1, Aguero scores 9
    Week 2: I had Jesus 1, Aguero scores 2
    Week 3: I had Jesus 1, Aguero scores 0
    Week 4: No City Jesus scores 12
    Week 5: No City Aguero scores 20, Jesus scores 6
    Week 6:I had Aguero 11, Jesus scores 0 best week by a mile
    Week 7:No City Jesus scores 5
    Week 8: I had Aguero 0, Jesus scores 13
    14 points from 5 City strikers, could have had 73. I have Aguero and I am thinking of getting rid of him after his no show yesterday, I will keep ye posted so you can do the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

De Gea Elliot
    Lukaku Kane Vardy

Lowe not getting points
    TAA not playing
    Salah - pool are muck
    Cork - bench fodder
    Vardy - new manager

Consider using WC in next IB. So that means your looking at next 3 GWs.
    Lowe and mid Davies need to go imo but to get decent replacements you probably need to release funds from KDB or one of your strikers as part of a -4.

TAA is perhaps worth starting in GW1O and GW11 now that Gomes suspension is served in Europe but you will have 2 weeks with a free transfer each time anyway. I'd hold Salah.

Everyone is making tough calls around this time. Pick out your preferred top two choices for captain for the next three weeks and have a tentative plan for the use of your free transfers for GW10 and GW11.

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    Consider using WC in next IB. So that means your looking at next 3 GWs.
    Lowe and mid Davies need to go imo but to get decent replacements you probably need to release funds from KDB or one of your strikers as part of a -4.

TAA is perhaps worth starting in GW1O and GW11 now that Gomes suspension is served in Europe but you will have 2 weeks with a free transfer each time anyway. I'd hold Salah.

Everyone is making tough calls around this time. Pick out your preferred top two choices for captain for the next three weeks and have a tentative plan for the use of your free transfers for GW10 and GW11.

KDB - Sterling
    Lowe - Jones
    Gives me 12.2 then “if” I do Richie and Davies all for a -8 over looking towards the next 3 GW’s

Could get
    Richarlison And leave Ritchie and just do a -4

Could go Zaha plus a 5.5 Fernandinho maybe double City coverage?

Shelvy and Richarlison leaves me .7 to upgrade TAA or someone next week but I can address him on WC in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

KDB - Sterling
    Lowe - Jones
    Gives me 12.2 then “if” I do Richie and Davies all for a -8 over looking towards the next 3 GW’s

Could get
    Richarlison And leave Ritchie and just do a -4

Could go Zaha plus a 5.5 Fernandinho maybe double City coverage?

Shelvy and Richarlison leaves me .7 to upgrade TAA or someone next week but I can address him on WC in a few weeks

Jones is not a buy for me given he has Spurs and Chelsea coming up and rose in price recently. That said many of us owners will probably be playing him in those tough fixtures.

Ritchie looks like a hold for the next 3

It's tempting to suggest dropping Lukaku/Kane for Morata (say) but profit/buy back cost is a factor. Downgrading Vardy and keeping KDB another option.

I'd get Stones/Otamendi before Fernandinho.

Sorry not much help really and we're in the wrong thread. Perhaps pick a WC squad and canvass opinion on the WC thread but given that you have the WC in your locker I'd consider removing Lukaku (keeping KDB) as part of a hit this week.

You're ahead of me. I should have caught up on other threads first. GL

ElTel wrote: »
    Jones is not a buy for me given he has Spurs and Chelsea coming up and rose in price recently. That said many of us owners will probably be playing him in those tough fixtures.

Ritchie looks like a hold for the next 3

It's tempting to suggest dropping Lukaku/Kane for Morata (say) but profit/buy back cost is a factor. Downgrading Vardy and keeping KDB another option.

I'd get Stones/Otamendi before Fernandinho.

Sorry not much help really and we're in the wrong thread. Perhaps pick a WC squad and canvass opinion on the WC thread but given that you have the WC in your locker I'd consider removing Lukaku (keeping KDB) as part of a hit this week.

You're ahead of me. I should have caught up on other threads first. GL

Think I’ve my mind made up
    Ritchie - Sterling
    Davies -Astu
    Lowe - Otamendi
    KDB - Zaha

Exact right amount of money so will pull the trigger in an hour r two once I take another look

Ha. You just never know who you are helping.

Ha. You just never know who you are helping.

Aimed at me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

De Gea Elliot
    Lukaku Kane Vardy

Lowe not getting points
    TAA not playing
    Salah - pool are muck
    Cork - bench fodder
    Vardy - new manager

I took a -12 with two free transfers back in gw 3 and basically wrecked what would have been a great team (biggest hit I had ever taken cost me 70 points when I worked it out)

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/entry/163549/history

The key to taking hits is to be able to make a fair guess that the guys you are selling will not get much points.
    So the guys you get in have a better chance of leaving you up after hits
    Sounds obvious but I did not think of this.

In your case I think a -8 hit is worth it.
    Shelvey is supposed to be 'taking' Ritchies potential points on set pieces.
    Salah is supposed to be good stats wise with shots taken etc the only problem is he is inconsistent.
    Vardy and the new manager thing could go either way.
    Davies is definitely up in the air now with his injury and rose on the way back

All in all I think your 8 point hit is worth it as long as you get players you think will do well and start for the next 4-5 gameweeks

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Aimed at me?

‘Aimed’ makes it sound loaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

‘Aimed’ makes it sound loaded.

makemyday.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Just a theory with absolutely no stats or anything to back it up but has mhkys downturn in form conincided with Pogba going missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just a theory with absolutely no stats or anything to back it up but has mhkys downturn in form conincided with Pogba going missing?

The whole attack has suffered because of this imo
    Also fixtures stiffened up a bit
    I was never convinced by Miki and wish I'd switched pogba to David Silva at that time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Yeah Jose has gone back to the same Shiite as last year, full on defence making the Premiership even harder to watch this season, I swear if it wasn't for this game I doubt I'd barely watch match of the day. In my very humble opinion DeGea and Valencia about the only certainties to score good points for Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Bit surprised to see Mbemba is close to a rise even though he has lost his place at Newcastle....won’t complain though as I have him as bench fodder:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Bit surprised to see Mbemba is close to a rise even though he has lost his place at Newcastle....won’t complain though as I have him as bench fodder:)

He's been over 90% to a rise since the first international break in early September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Would anyone have the link to that website that gives the stats on your fantasy team that was posted last season? You go to the website, enter your team ID and while the information is loading a ball is moving towards a goal. Sorry if that is a bit vague but hopefully someone knows what I am talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Do you get to sell him for the increased price if he does rise ?

I'm torn this week, I only have Silva as City cover. I have Kane and Lukaku upfront and my main midfielders are Coutinho, Ericsson along side Richie and Brady

Should I get in Sterling or Sane ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Boots234 wrote: »
    Would anyone have the link to that website that gives the stats on your fantasy team that was posted last season? You go to the website, enter your team ID and while the information is loading a ball is moving towards a goal. Sorry if that is a bit vague but hopefully someone knows what I am talking about

This is what you're looking for I think chief.

http://anewpla.net/fpl/report/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

ScummyMan wrote: »
    This is what you're looking for I think chief.

http://anewpla.net/fpl/report/

Perfect, thanks. Hadn't a clue where to find it or how to word its description better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

2 marginal decisions to make for this GW: Femenia away to Chelsea or Ward away to City and RLC away to Newcastle or Gross away to West Ham.
    Currently starting Femenia and RLC, sound about right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Gotta decide Aguero or Jesus in for Lacazette.
    Silva is my only City cover.
    I feel like gambling on Kun

Advertisement