Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

bantee wrote: »
    2 marginal decisions to make for this GW: Femenia away to Chelsea or Ward away to City and RLC away to Newcastle or Gross away to West Ham.
    Currently starting Femenia and RLC, sound about right?

I'd go with Gross and a coin toss for the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Gotta decide Aguero or Jesus in for Lacazette.
    Silva is my only City cover.
    I feel like gambling on Kun

My prediction would be Jesus to play 60 Aguero to play 30.

After Burnley it's hard to say but with 433 working so well and City only having two recognized CFs I could see Pep sticking with that formation. You would have to expect Jesus' game time to start suffering, Aguero is simply a bigger and better player and his performances so far make him very hard to leave out.

I wouldn't bring in Jesus at this point, his long term prospects are shaky imo.

Probably an unpoplular opinion

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Morzadec wrote: »
    My prediction would be Jesus to play 60 Aguero to play 30.

After Burnley it's hard to say but with 433 working so well and City only having two recognized CFs I could see Pep sticking with that formation. You would have to expect Jesus' game time to start suffering, Aguero is simply a bigger and better player and his performances so far make him very hard to leave out.

I wouldn't bring in Jesus at this point, his long term prospects are shaky imo.

Probably an unpoplular opinion

Bigger how? I agree he's better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

PVA wrote: »
    Bigger how? I agree he's better

Bigger name, an established world class player rather than a player who might one day be world class, a player who makes headlines if he's left out for any prolonged period

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Morzadec wrote: »
    Bigger name, an established world class player rather than a player who might one day be world class, a player who makes headlines if he's left out for any prolonged period

I think you're underestimating how good Jesus is but I'm not gonna disagree that Aguero is a better player. I dont see Jesus being a shaky long term prospect and I think Pep might even rate the 2 of the equally at this point. If you look at their game time when fit it's pretty even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Balls. Going to have lose my mickey now for -4. Silva, sane, sterling or coutinho? Already have salah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Balls. Going to have lose my mickey now for -4. Silva, sane, sterling or coutinho? Already have salah.

It also happens from time to time that lads join the team in the hotel later on. Them not arriving together and still playing had happened before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It also happens from time to time that lads join the team in the hotel later on. Them not arriving together and still playing had happened before

This is an away game though
    They are meeting up prior to travel
    We will know tonight but not in time for deadline

I'm still thinking of banking and starting him with t Carroll first sub
    Can't decide who I want and want to do a midfield revamp next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

eh i dunno wrote: »

Luke Shaw owner? :rolleyes:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Lucky with this week's transfers - had been stuck with Matic since GW1, and Alli off the boil, so went Doucouré and Silva.

Don't make any transfers I make.

Last week I took an 8 point hit brought in Batshuayi.

This week I wildcard transferred Batshuayi and brought in Morata.... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Guardiola must be trolling FPL managers at this stage - Sterling and Jesus both benched!

Guardiola must be trolling FPL managers at this stage - Sterling and Jesus both benched!

There was always a good chance Jesus benched he was not rested all season.
    Particularly with Aguero back
    Surprised on Sterling though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

I quit this game...

There was always a good chance Jesus benched he was not rested all season.
    Particularly with Aguero back
    Surprised on Sterling though

Jesus did not play a minute of the 5-0 GW6 win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Dreadful GW so far, decided to keep Bavies over bringing in Otamendi after his price rose on Thursday :(

Feel like I’ve been in a ring with Mike Tyson all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Feel like I’ve been in a ring with Mike Tyson all season.

So your ears are gone and you have a sore hole?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I've literally only had one red arrow all season. Madness

Looking for an exit strategy in week or 2 for vardy and I'm hoping Defoe can show something before their brilliant run
    Or even Josh king......
    Having said that after this week's transfers I would be able to afford lukaku at that point for back to back home games Vs Newcastle and Brighton ........hopefully pogba back by then too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone got there eyes on Son? Think I might downgrade from Alli as part of freeing up Sanchez funds.

It'll take a few more good weeks before Sanchez justifies nearly 5m more than Ramsey though.

It will be interesting to see how Klopp goes now with the defence.

I think the best 4 starting would be - Milner (rb), Gomez, Matip and Robertson (lb).

It’s unlikely he sees it as I do but it’s clear that Lovern has played his last game for a long time. And amen to that.

Matip and Gomez should now get a run centrally and he’ll have to choose between TAA and Milner at right back. Milner offers the experience we would need as playing TAA and Gomez would be risky.

Moreno looks his preferred choice at left back but it’s clear that Robertson is better.

So if we are looking at Liverpool for cheap defenders then Gomez looks the safest option now. Moreno could be next best if Klopp stays loyal to him which is likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

PARlance wrote: »
    Anyone got there eyes on Son? Think I might downgrade from Alli as part of freeing up Sanchez funds.

It'll take a few more good weeks before Sanchez justifies nearly 5m more than Ramsey though.
    Has Son been starting most games? If so, I definitely want him in.

I have a weird problem. Made two transfers for the last gw. But my team for next week has reverted to the team before these transfers. Anyone ever have this problem? Or know what to do?

Raoul wrote: »
    Has Son been starting most games? If so, I definitely want him in.

I have a weird problem. Made two transfers for the last gw. But my team for next week has reverted to the team before these transfers. Anyone ever have this problem? Or know what to do?

Sounds like you’ve accidentally used the ‘free hit’ chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ah f*CK. I did. Traveling at the moment so I haven't been able to give it my full attention. I didn't realise that's what the free hit did. That will be heartbreaking during the dgw's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

It will be interesting to see how Klopp goes now with the defence.

I think the best 4 starting would be - Milner (rb), Gomez, Matip and Robertson (lb).

It’s unlikely he sees it as I do but it’s clear that Lovern has played his last game for a long time. And amen to that.

Matip and Gomez should now get a run centrally and he’ll have to choose between TAA and Milner at right back. Milner offers the experience we would need as playing TAA and Gomez would be risky.

Moreno looks his preferred choice at left back but it’s clear that Robertson is better.

So if we are looking at Liverpool for cheap defenders then Gomez looks the safest option now. Moreno could be next best if Klopp stays loyal to him which is likely.

Why on earth would anyone bring in anyone of the worst defence in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

?

They've kept 3/4 clean sheets at home, 2 of which against United and Arsenal. They've only conceded 1 at home. In fact they've kept 5 out of 6 cleansheets at Anfield in PL going back to last year. With 3 home games in their next 4 and Moreno getting forward so much there's certainly value @ 4.5 when compared to the other options available. He got an assist recently in CL if i remember it correctly, also based on the game yesterday he is getting forward a fair bit.

I'm not getting any of them in but I can certainly see why you would.

• Advertisement

I’m not selling the idea.

If you don’t want ‘anyone’ then I suggest you don’t buy ‘anyone’.

Advertisement