Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Koeman sacked

Hhhmmmmm was all set to captain vardy too

Will siggy now become an option again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,576 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

km79 wrote: »
    Koeman sacked

Just like the Titanic he should have never left Southampton.

Moyes back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Koeman sacked

Hhhmmmmm was all set to captain vardy too

Will siggy now become an option again

Everton have ruined my favourite FPL player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Koeman sacked

:D:D:D:D:D

Had a look at the market to replace him.

Not very inspiring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

They concede 2 goals a game on average. None of them score or assist. Just can't believe anyone would consider anyone on that team besides firminho coutinho or salah.

They concede 2 goals a game on average. None of them score or assist. Just can't believe anyone would consider anyone on that team besides firminho coutinho or salah.

At least one person agrees with me. I looked at some of their stats yesterday and who i think are better alternatives.

One of Liverpool's attackers should be on everyone's radar alright. Salah is my pick whenever I put the rest of the fires out in my team
    shineon23 wrote: »
    Only way I'd squeeze a Pool defender into my team would be as a 3.9/4.0 enabler.

They are 15th in the league in terms of Goals conceded. (with 16 goals conceded)
    Only teams worse off are;
    Stoke (20)
    Palace (19)
    Everton (18)
    Watford/West Ham (17)

With 3 clean sheets so far this season only Leicester, Bournemouth, Everton and Stoke have fewer than Liverpool.

So they're not exactly in good company.

Better 4.4/4.5 options are starters for most other teams.

My picks for better options would be any of the following;

Dunk/Francis/Manquillo (4.4)

Burnley, Swansea, Leicester and Huddersfield all have defenders starting regularly at 4.5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

After seeing them yesterday I would tend to agree, however the bookies factor in everything and have them short odds to keep a clean sheet at the weekend.

A Liverpool defender for £4.5m could prove to be a steal, especially if there is also some attacking threat

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Depends on your strategy I'm going with five 4.5 defs and at that price I think a Liverpool defender for home games is a great option. For FF purposes the goals conceded a game average is pointless as it could be 4, 0, 4, 0 meaning 2 clean sheets in the two home games you play them. I remember a couple of seasons back stoke were good defensively but rarely got FF points as they had an annoying habit of letting in 1 goal a game. I reckon Liverpool will get about 8 /9 cs at home not much more you can ask for from a 4.5 def.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looking for an exit strategy in week or 2 for vardy and I'm hoping Defoe can show something before their brilliant run
    Or even Josh king......
    Having said that after this week's transfers I would be able to afford lukaku at that point for back to back home games Vs Newcastle and Brighton ........hopefully pogba back by then too

Callum Wilson is due back soon too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dyche looks to be favourite for the Everton job which is a balls for Mee/Ward owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Name a better option at 4.5 over the short to mid-term and come back to us. I need some good 4.5ers so genuinely interested in hearing who might be better. Maybe a Brighton or Burnley lad? Would still lean towards a team who will likely have 70 - 80% possession at home and who teams generally show very little intention of attacking.

75% home clean sheet ratio is dream stuff for a 4.5 rotator defender - it's a small sample size but with the upcoming fixtures you'd think there's a decent chance for a cleany

Morzadec wrote: »
    Name a better option at 4.5 over the short to mid-term and come back to us. I need some good 4.5ers so genuinely interested in hearing who might be better. Maybe a Brighton or Burnley lad? Would still lean towards a team who will likely have 70 - 80% possession at home and who teams generally show very little intention of attacking.

75% home clean sheet ratio is dream stuff for a 4.5 rotator defender - it's a small sample size but with the upcoming fixtures you'd think there's a decent chance for a cleany

2 huddersfield lads solid enough. Lascelles 4.6 ward 4.6

I've otamendi vertongen Davies and lascelles myself for last 5 gw so havnt been looking at cheap defenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Callum Wilson is due back soon too.

He was on the bench the weekend, didn't get any minutes though

Morzadec wrote: »

Dunk 4.4

Morzadec wrote:

I've named many options. Twice.

Im eying up Francis at 4.4 and Simpson at 4.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ffs Everton. Was 100% confident on Vardy as captain this week. We're sh1te and even when we sack the manager they manage to fck things up. :pac:

Ffs Everton. Was 100% confident on Vardy as captain this week. We're sh1te and even when we sack the manager they manage to fck things up. :pac:

Same as that
    Maybe the foxes will also get a new manager and it will be an absolute goalfest !!!!

shineon23 wrote: »
    I've named many options. Twice.

Im eying up Francis at 4.4 and Simpson at 4.5.

Dunk at 4.4 too or Duffy 4.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Anyone going to keep Davies, or is he cut for good?

I hate to drop him and I'd like a Spurs defender in, but them fixtures aren't great.

I can see the appeal of getting a pool jersey in your squad for less than 5 but after the defensive disaster last weekend, prob not. Slightly tempted though! I've 5.6 to spend on a defender of i drop Davies and not inspired by many. Already have Otamendi, Monreal and Jones.

Anyone else with Jesus tempted to drop for Morata? He may rise to tonight annoyingly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

-=al=- wrote: »
    Anyone going to keep Davies, or is he cut for good?

I'm in the same predicament. I've kept him for now but if he doesn't play the next game I'd say he's gone.

There are lots of good 4.5 options Brighton, Newcastle,Burnley, Watford, leicester, Swansea, Liverpool. I'm not mad on Huddersfield myself. With their upcoming home fixtures a 4.5 Liverpool defender is definetly worth it if you are going cheap at the back and have more than 2 4.5 defs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've had Dunk in since the start myself and have no intention of taking him out. I think he's decent value, even factoring in the 0.1 loss on him! :pac:

He's had a few cleanies for me now in recent weeks. :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

City are a bit of a conundrum, a lot of people brought in Sterling and Jesus and they didn't play, they could rage transfer them out for Dilva and Kun and Sterling and Jesus could easily start next time leaving the other 2 on the bench. With City attackers there is going to be an awful lot of frustration as pep rotates his embarrassment of riches, a full 15 will be very important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

patmac wrote: »
    City are a bit of a conundrum, a lot of people brought in Sterling and Jesus and they didn't play, they could rage transfer them out for Dilva and Kun and Sterling and Jesus could easily start next time leaving the other 2 on the bench. With City attackers there is going to be an awful lot of frustration as pep rotates his embarrassment of riches, a full 15 will be very important.

I'd say KDB is nailed on for the time being, seems to be the heartbeat of the team, could say the same about D.Silva but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets rested sometime soon. **** knows about Sane :pac:

If city extend their lead at the top of the table by 5 or 6 points more. The rotation will only get worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yes, City are impossible to call, especially with the upcoming fixtures!

The game tomorrow at home to Wolves, the away game to WBA on the weekend, and then Napoli next week.

Surely Aguero will get the chance to beat the City goal scoring record at home against Wolves which would possibly mean he's not going to start the weekend ahead of Napoli in the CL next week?

That might suggest that if Aguero does play tomorrow, Jesus might get the nod the weekend?

It's all hearsay and no one knows what Pep is gona do, but there's a hint of logic there.

I'm half tempted to drop Jesus for Morata now, to save the .2 swing on the price. Morata may rise tonight annoyingly before City play.

I've two free transfers too so it's not a big deal for the Jesus > Morata situation. Morata got a bit lost last game and didn't look 100%, so not totally sold. Even in the short time Jesus played, he should have scored/assisted.

Aguero back from the "broken rib" puts a slight doubt on Sterling, but it's rotation central for the attackers. I've Dave Silva and Otamendi in which is enough city I think. Silva is doing a similar job to KdB just without the price. Sane looks great too and I'd slightly favour him more than Sterling for gametime.

As for the Jesus Carry on, I think I'd rather Morata atm with the guarantee to start that rotational Jesus, but don't want to make the move early - which I may have to.

-=al=- wrote: »
    Yes, City are impossible to call, especially with the upcoming fixtures!

The game tomorrow at home to Wolves, the away game to WBA on the weekend, and then Napoli next week.

Surely Aguero will get the chance to beat the City goal scoring record at home against Wolves which would possibly mean he's not going to start the weekend ahead of Napoli in the CL next week?

That might suggest that if he does play this tomorrow, Jesus might get the nod the weekend?

It's all hearsay and no one knows what Pep is gona do, but there's a hint of logic there.

I'm half tempted to drop Jesus for Morata now, to save the .2 swing on the price. Morata may rise tonight annoyingly before City play.

I've two free transfers too so it's not a big deal for the Jesus > Morata situation. Morata got a bit lost last game and didn't look 100%, so not totally sold. Even in the short time Jesus played, he should have scored/assisted.

Aguero back from the "broken rib" puts a slight doubt on Sterling, but it's rotation central for the attackers. I've Dave Silva and Otamendi in which is enough city I think. Silva is doing a similar job to KdB just without the price. Sane looks great too and I'd slightly favour him more than Sterling for gametime.

As for the Jesus Carry on, I think I'd rather Morata atm with the guarantee to start that rotational Jesus, but don't want to make the move early - which I may have to.
    It's crazy that moratta is set to rise
    He didn't look right the last day for whatever reason perhaps still not fully fit
    Either way he was not impressive and bastyuai did well when he came on too.........

• Advertisement

Can't go wrong with Kane Lukaku and laccazette. Guarenteed starters every week an most often score and assist. KDB and Otamendi only city payers id touch

Advertisement