Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can't go wrong with Kane Lukaku and laccazette. Guarenteed starters every week an most often score and assist. KDB and Otamendi only city payers id touch
    Lacazette has 5 goals no assists and one set of bonus points .For 10.3 I'd want more than that . Considering the cost of the other 4 players mentioned there is certainly a case for going cheaper with that 3rd striker
    Kdb is also overpriced for what he gives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

km79 wrote: »
    Lacazette has 5 goals no assists and one set of bonus points .For 10.3 I'd want more than that . Considering the cost of the other 4 players mentioned there is certainly a case for going cheaper with that 3rd striker
    Kdb is also overpriced for what he gives
    Agree with all this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Silva is doing a similarish job as KdB and is decent for minutes too. I've opted for him for the last while and it's gone pretty well. City points are shared across the board and the striker rotational business is a nightmare. Kane Lukaku and Jesus are my strikers of choice. I've gone big at the back and up top. I only got Jesus due to Morata injury before the intl break and said I'd swutch back but I may not! can't decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    I've named many options. Twice.

Im eying up Francis at 4.4 and Simpson at 4.5.
    km79 wrote: »
    Dunk at 4.4 too or Duffy 4.5

Dunk was actually top of my list of options.
    I'm not buying him as a few rivals have Duffy. Noone has Bournemouth and only one has a Leicester defender.

shineon23 wrote: »

My picks for better options (than Liverpool's Defence) would be any of the following;

Dunk/Francis/Manquillo (4.4)

Burnley, Swansea, Leicester and Huddersfield all have defenders starting regularly at 4.5

Anyone have an insight into Mariappa's potential gametime for Watford in the coming weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hope whoever takes the Everton job can sort them out, I really want to own Siggy again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hope whoever takes the Everton job can sort them out, I really want to own Siggy again!

Same !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

On the best premium strikers to have, I personally think it's Kane, Morata and Aguero as things stand.

Kane and Morata will play 90 minutes for top teams almost every week when fit, and Aguero is Aguero despite the rotation risks.

Lukaku is in the next bracket down for me at this stage due to United's fixtures getting far more difficult, not creating as much chances, and him not being as explosive.

Regarding City rotation, I think the best play is to just pick who you want, leave them there, and have a capable bench to cover for the inevitable rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Paully D wrote: »
    On the best premium strikers to have, I personally think it's Kane, Morata and Aguero as things stand.

Kane and Morata will play 90 minutes for top teams almost every week when fit, and Aguero is Aguero despite the rotation risks.

Lukaku is in the next bracket down for me at this stage due to United's fixtures getting far more difficult, not creating as much chances, and him not being as explosive.

Regarding City rotation, I think the best play is to just pick who you want, leave them there, and have a capable bench to cover for the inevitable rotation.
    Agree with most of what you are saying but the frustrating thing for me is when a player gets 5 or 10 mins and then your bench doesn't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Agree with most of what you are saying but the frustrating thing for me is when a player gets 5 or 10 mins and then your bench doesn't matter.
    Yup, had Jesus (C) and Kane (VC) last week :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Agreed on Kane + Aguero, you would be captaining one every week which adds extra weight. I'm not sure having all three is optimal though, thats a huge chunk of your budget.

I'll likely go with Abraham up front and invest in midfield, lots of value in Sane, Sterling, Richarlison, Zaha etc, along with some top prospects in defence (Walker, Trippier, Valencia etc)

I may even go down the route of 3-5-2 with a non-playing 3rd striker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Paully D wrote:

My strikeforce at the moment! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Agree with the last bit in particular.
    But owing a city player could get you 20 points one week at one end of the scale and a 15 minute cameo on the other.
    The sub might not even get chance to come off the bench!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Frustrating indeed. I've opted for Lukaku's 90 mins at the minute but not too mad about it! Let's see how City do tonight.

Jesus AND Aguero start :|

Jones is also on the bench for United, which is good news. + Lindelof also looks below average.. again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Jesus off after 85 aguero playing extra time I'd be starting to sweat if I owned aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jesus off after 85 aguero playing extra time I'd be starting to sweat if I owned aguero

Aguero and Sterling won't be starting this upcoming gameweek now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Sterling didn’t play last weekend so he should be fine.

Can’t see Pep benching both anyway as Bernardo Silva probably won’t get a 3rd game in a row having not really featured before that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

I wouldn't be so sure, it's Pep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Trying yo second guess pep is an absolute waste of time. He makes his own rules

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Aguero also had a bit of an injury lay off with the whole taxi/crash thing.

I reckon he'd still be fine to start.

But of course, ad others have mentioned already, it's pointless trying to second guess Pep!!

Although that said, Napoli away next week is probably a bigger threat to whether Aguero starts or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The City thing is fast-becoming a major headwreck alright - having one of Aguero and Jesus is probably essential but captaining them is pure Russian roulette at this stage :confused:

FWIW, I'm wildcarding this week - currently have Aguero in but won't be letting him anywhere near the armband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

AS someone posted elsewhere, pick a City player, accept he's gonna be dropped every 3/4 weeks and enjoy the 10 points the other 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

We should start a thread specifically for what people think pep will do because it's filling up every other thread these days and sure no one has a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think I'll be making a move to a strong front 8 soon enough. There is going to be huge rotation from after international break to new years. 5 cheap rotating defenders and probably ayew Swansea or atsu as my sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I think I'll be making a move to a strong front 8 soon enough. There is going to be huge rotation from after international break to new years. 5 cheap rotating defenders and probably ayew Swansea or atsu as my sub.

I find the threat of rotation is usually over-stated (Pep aside!). There's usually only one game where there's major rotation and that's the one at the turn of the new year where there's little to no recovery between two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

We should start a thread specifically for what people think pep will do because it's filling up every other thread these days and sure no one has a clue

The Costa Conumdrum mark 2.

manual_man wrote: »
    I find the threat of rotation is usually over-stated (Pep aside!). There's usually only one game where there's major rotation and that's the one at the turn of the new year where there's little to no recovery between two games.

Have a look at the fixture list this year there a couple of midweek pl games in Nov and DEC aswell this year. To go along with the usual European games add in the fact a fair few of the top 6 will have a caraboa cup qf in DEC aswell. I find a strong front 8 or bench covers whatever rotation or short term injuries that will be picked up . I definetly wouldn't be going with any non playing players in my squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Have a look at the fixture list this year there a couple of midweek pl games in Nov and DEC aswell this year. To go along with the usual European games add in the fact a fair few of the top 6 will have a caraboa cup qf in DEC aswell. I find a strong front 8 or bench covers whatever rotation or short term injuries that will be picked up . I definetly wouldn't be going with any non playing players in my squad.

Yeah there is more than usual in NOV and DEC. Wonder will it lessen the possibility of a bumper DGW later in the season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

A "Jesus vs Aguero" poll each GW could be on the cards! Could be interesting to see how many times the poll majority get it right every week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The Costa Conumdrum mark 2.

The City, Hit or Missy Thread.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Yeah there is more than usual in NOV and DEC. Wonder will it lessen the possibility of a bumper DGW later in the season

No it will have no affect the Carling cup final, Fa cup qf and sf and scheduling of cl games are what affects that. The way its all failing we should have more games cancelled than last year.

Advertisement