Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

manual_man wrote: »
    I find the threat of rotation is usually over-stated (Pep aside!). There's usually only one game where there's major rotation and that's the one at the turn of the new year where there's little to no recovery between two games.
    GW17 is always the silent killer. It's a midewek round before the Christmas period. You always expect it over Christmas, but that round always pops up with a few big names being rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I've just decided I'm not going to let the Pep thing get to me too much.

He'll rest Aguero and Jesus the odd time. It'll just happen. I'm just picking one for now, and sticking with it. And weeks like this one coming up (I have Aguero), I'll simply not risk captaining him.

There's a lot of pain in store for those who switch between the two.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

SlickRic wrote: »
    I've just decided I'm not going to let the Pep thing get to me too much.

He'll rest Aguero and Jesus the odd time. It'll just happen. I'm just picking one for now, and sticking with it. And weeks like this one coming up (I have Aguero), I'll simply not risk captaining him.

There's a lot of pain in store for those who switch between the two.

Same, I have Sterling and Jesus and after last week I'm not risking chopping and changing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Claude Puel expected to get the Leicester job. Had 14 clean sheets at Southampton last season so might be worth getting a Leicester defender in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

paulie21 wrote: »
    Claude Puel expected to get the Leicester job. Had 14 clean sheets at Southampton last season so might be worth getting a Leicester defender in.

Was he the one everyone was having violent rages about each game week because he was unpredictable or am I mixing him up with someone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

paulie21 wrote: »

Is there any other profession in the world that rewards failure as much as soccer!
    He is zero improvement on Shakespeare

Leicester confirm the appointment of Claude Puel as their new First Team Manager https://t.co/TkUfMFJS8Z

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

km79 wrote: »
    Is there any other profession in the world that rewards failure as much as soccer!
    He is zero improvement on Shakespeare

He's won a French top division title and been to a Champions league semi-final. That's a bit more than Shakespeare has in his locker.

Markx wrote: »
    He's won a French top division title and been to a Champions league semi-final. That's a bit more than Shakespeare has in his locker.

Based on their respective spells in the premier league
    They must really really regret sacking ranieri

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Serves them right. Well the board anyway.
    Loved Ranieri. What a likeable and funny guy.
    Premier league is worse off without characters like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Finished 8th and got to a league cup final, not too bad, their season fell apart towards the end of the season. Probably not the marquee appointment fans had hoped for but I'd but him well ahead of Shakespeare

United are due to play Chelsea and Arsenal play city The weekend of league cup final ........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

United are due to play Chelsea and Arsenal play city The weekend of league cup final ........

Im slipping up cant believe I didnt check that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Puel is solid pick for Leicester.

Aside from his success abroad, he wasn't exactly a failure in the Premier League.

8th place finish with a struggling squad, decent run in Europe with a win over Inter Milan.

League Cup Final, which they dominated and could have easily ended up winning if not for Zlatan and linesman that didn't understand the offside run (I'm still very bitter about that).
    Got to the Final without conceding a goal in any previous round also.

Got the best he could out of Southampton. Weren't as exciting to watch as Adkins, Poch or Koeman teams.
    Maintained a very solid defence, lack of goals cost him his job I think and I was sorry to see him go.

Clear improvement over Shakespeare,
    Danny Simpson is firmly in my transfer plans in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

8th place though..... just 2 points ahead of 13th place. 6 points ahead of 17th. Saints were uninspiring under him in the league for the most part. Good value in their defense for a while, but that didn't last. That was it

8th place though..... just 2 points ahead of 13th place. 6 points ahead of 17th. Saints were uninspiring under him in the league for the most part. Good value in their defense for a while, but that didn't last. That was it

I'll bite :D

8th place is 8th place. Last seasons top 7 run on much higher budgets also.

Liverpool finished 8th the season prior and fancy themselves title contenders :p

Top half is huge achievement for a club in League One in 2011.

Ah now ,
    Great value in the defence all last season.
    With Stephens and Yoshida being around 4.0-4.5 Mark for the second half of the season.

The club were third in Clean Sheets kept with 14,
    Only Chelsea (16), Spurs and Man Utd's bus (17) kept more.

Top manager, Leicester are in good hands, especially with their attack being a lot better than Southampton's last season and this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'll bite :D

8th place is 8th place. Last seasons top 7 run on much higher budgets also.

Liverpool finished 8th the season prior and fancy themselves title contenders :p

Top half is huge achievement for a club in League One in 2011.

Ah now ,
    Great value in the defence all last season.
    With Stephens and Yoshida being around 4.0-4.5 Mark for the second half of the season.

The club were third in Clean Sheets kept with 14,
    Only Chelsea (16), Spurs and Man Utd's bus (17) kept more.

Top manager, Leicester are in good hands, especially with their attack being a lot better than Southampton's last season and this.

Can i take it from this Danny Simpson is your next transfer in then :D

Can i take it from this Danny Simpson is your next transfer in then :D

Nope not for a few weeks.

I have a lot bigger problems up the park to solve before I can get Danny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Last weekend I took out Kane < Morata & Alli < Sterling. Cost me 28 points. 1 point between Morata and Sterling and no one came on for Sterling. This is the third time I've done a double transfer and it cost me over 20 points in one GW in doing so. This game is bloody cruel at times.

Hope we get some real clairity on Kane before kick off. Won’t hold my breath though.

It’ll have a huge impact on my choices. I might have to take a further -4 to have somebody that comes off the bench and it will also impact on which keeper I start.

• Advertisement

Hope we get some real clairity on Kane before kick off. Won’t hold my breath though.

It’ll have a huge impact on my choices. I might have to take a further -4 to have somebody that comes off the bench and it will also impact on which keeper I start.

Honestly, he looked absolutely fine on Sunday.

He was subbed. He walked slightly gingerly, but he has a chat to Poch and some other assistants on the way off. He sat on the bench (didn't go down the tunnel), and then walked on the pitch at the final whistle to shake hands with people.

I'd be utterly shocked if he's not fine for Saturday. it's not even been in my thinking that he's not fit.

Good memory.

Just as I read it I remembered thinking the same after watching the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Just something I saw earlier today when having a gander. Spurs have failed to score in Old Trafford in the last 3 h2h. United haven't conceded yet at Old Trafford this season.

I wouldn't be transferring Kane out, but wouldn't be captaining him or transferring him in this week personally.

Honestly, he looked absolutely fine on Sunday.

He was subbed. He walked slightly gingerly, but he has a chat to Poch and some other assistants on the way off. He sat on the bench (didn't go down the tunnel), and then walked on the pitch at the final whistle to shake hands with people.

I'd be utterly shocked if he's not fine for Saturday. it's not even been in my thinking that he's not fit.
    He 100% pointed to his hamstring
    There may not be a massive issue but there was one Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

As a DDG, Ben Davies and Kane owner, I'd be happy with a 0-0.
    Or in a dreamworld, a Kane assist to Davies and DDG getting a hape of save points

He 100% pointed to his hamstring
    There may not be a massive issue but there was one Sunday

I'm not saying he didn't point to his hamstring. Maybe I'm being naive, but he received no treatment immediately, and none of those on the bench seemed fussed.

I may be proved absolutely wrong, but I'd just be surprised if he's not ok given what I saw.

I'm not saying he didn't point to his hamstring. Maybe I'm being naive, but he received no treatment immediately, and none of those on the bench seemed fussed.

I may be proved absolutely wrong, but I'd just be surprised if he's not ok given what I saw.

My main worry is he starts against united and aggregates before palace game leaving a captain kane conundrum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

SlickRic wrote:

When he got as far as the bench and was high five'ing his teammates etc, he was clutching the back of his left leg in the hamstring area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Cartman78

When he got as far as the bench and was high five'ing his teammates etc, he was clutching the back of his left leg in the hamstring area.

back-and-to-the-left-back-and-to-the-left-2710894.png

Advertisement