Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Which 3 of these would you start this weekend?

Jones V (TOT)
    Ward V (NEW)
    Gomez V (HUD)
    Kolasinac V (SWA)

Or would you start all 4 and bench one of Ritchie or Brady??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Bench Brady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

ShaneU wrote: »
    Bench Brady

+ 1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I know I am fond of taking hits and I am also fond of reporting out on when they have been well rewarded but also when I have been punished.

It has taken me a week to check my team again after last week. In ten years, it's up there in the top two in terms of getting punished.

So I wild-carded in GW8 with the intention of going heavy at the back with some incredible players in terms of PPG.

Otamendi - Ward - Davies - VVD - Davies

Richarlison - Sterling - Eriksen - Chupo-Moting (Loftus-Cheek)

Kane - Vardy - Jesus

Then on Saturday morning, there was a lot of talk about Jesus not starting. I think this is where sh!t started to go wrong.

With WC still active, I did Jesus, Eriksen and Chupo-Moting to Silva, Hazard and Hemed.

Silva did ok but Eriksen and Jesus wen't a bit bonkers. Also, my super defense got 3 points!!!Bit of a disaster, but nothing compared to this week.

Fast forward to GW9. I started chasing points. I felt I had to get 3 City attackers in. That meant I had to get rid of Otamendi for Jones who I stupidly sold in the WC. I then had to free up funds for Jesus and Aguero but couldn't get wither in for Vardy without freeing up funds.

So I sold Kane (no attacking points at Wembley and tough away fixtures) and Vardy for Morata (good fixtures and good form) and Jesus. Put Sterling captain and Jesus VC.

To say that everything went to **** was an understatement.

Jesus, Morata and Jones scored 3 points. Captain Sterling did nothing and newly-appointed VC Jesus got a few mins.

Kane, Otamendi and Vardy scored 33 points so I was down 30 points. Kane would have been my VC had I not brought in Jesus. So that would have been 45 points. Plus my minus 8.

Last week's transfers cost me 53 points. Or a full gameweek score.

Ladies and gentlemen, if there has ever been a worse transfer, please do let me know.

I almost deleted my team.

danganabu wrote: »
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Bench Brady

+ 1

Cheers, but I am actually leaning towards benching Ritchie over Brady now....home advantage being the decisive factor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looking through my transfer history for the season....
    Made 3 in August (4 pt hit)
    Wildcard in Sept + 5 transfers correcting Wildcard (8 pt hit)
    Just one so far in Oct (on the 1st)

I'm liking the new patient Shedite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I know I am fond of taking hits and I am also fond of reporting out on when they have been well rewarded but also when I have been punished.

I almost deleted my team.

Christ, that is hard to take.

I'm currently ranked in the top 700 in the world, easily the best run I have ever been on, though it feels like I am living week to week waiting for my team to implode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    United are due to play Chelsea and Arsenal play city The weekend of league cup final ........

All 4 teams kept apart in draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

This is the hardest season in memory and I've been at this like 10 years or so! @Futureguy

Worst transfers this season so far is selling Morata just before his hat trick, and Kane just before he started scoring again.. A brace and assist, I think. I've never made as many transfers in a season as I have already at this point, but I've a pretty solid team that I can hopefully just leave for a bit to balance out.

Foster/Elliot
    Jones Otamendi Monreal Davies
    Salah Richarlison Silva
    Kane Morata Aguero

Barring injuries or Davies place, it's a decent team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,908 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

PARlance wrote:
    The City, Hit or Missy Thread.

Or the Holy Mary mother of jesus thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Is KDB a mad pick?
    1 goal and 6 assists in his last 6.
    More nailed on than Sterling and Sane, and going on last season's stats, will produce more than David Silva.
    He is 10.0 though.

On a wildcard at present, been messing around with City options and I've would up with him and Aguero currently.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Is KDB a mad pick?
    More nailed on than Sterling and Sane, and going on last season's stats, will produce more than David Silva.
    He is 10.0 though.

On a wildcard at present, been messing around with City options and I've would up with him and Aguero currently.

Not worth the money in my opinion....Silva should score similar points but 1.5 cheaper.

Agree that this season is particularly difficult due to so much uncertainty, particularly with City, but now also Spurs wing backs. I think it is making it a lot more interesting though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

-=al=- wrote: »
    This is the hardest season in memory and I've been at this like 10 years or so @FutureGuy

Easily the worst in 10 years, so many players just utterly failed and delivered way below expectation (Lacazette, Chicharito, Firmino, Alonso etc). While at the same time others were delivering mega scores. For most, you either fell on one side or the other. No 'slow and steady' climbs this year, each week is carnage

I've been fairly close to deleting my team in recent weeks, for my own sanity if nothing else. These 20+ point swings on close decisions are hard to take, although Pep has definitely been the biggest contributor to my high blood pressure. And Aaron f**king Mooy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

PVA wrote: »
    Easily the worst in 10 years, so many players just utterly failed and delivered way below expectation (Lacazette, Chicharito, Firmino, Alonso etc). While at the same time others were delivering mega scores. For most, you either fell on one side or the other. No 'slow and steady' climbs this year, each week is carnage
    It's the chopping and changing that is killing people. I've had Chicarito and Lacazette in my draft team from Day 1, no messing with transfers and I'm sitting at 17k.
    https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/my

My regular team where I have access to unlimited transfers is sitting at 900k :mad:

PVA wrote: »

I've been fairly close to deleting my team in recent weeks, for my own sanity if nothing else. These 20+ point swings on close decisions are hard to take, although Pep has definitely been the biggest contributor to my high blood pressure. And Aaron f**king Mooy

From the heads I’ve been talking to they are equally distraught.

It seems the guys that have spent the last 5 years propping up leagues are currently running away with leagues and the guys that have been topping the leagues are languishing.

So make of that what you want.

It’s time to bunker down and work for your final finishing position. Still 28 out of 38 weeks to play.

Head down and work hard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Kane's officially out tomorrow.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Kane's officially out tomorrow.

United get lucky.

I was going to bench DDG but not now.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Is KDB a mad pick?
    He is 10.0 though.

KDB is playing a very different role than last year and I certainly don't think he is worth the extra 1.5M, football wise yes but FF wise I don't think so. One of the two is required IMO as they seem to be the two of the from 6 that are least likely to be rotated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

It seems the guys that have spent the last 5 years propping up leagues are currently running away with leagues and the guys that have been topping the leagues are languishing.

It’s time to bunker down and work for your final finishing position. Still 28 out of 38 weeks to play.

Head down and work hard.

I'm not sure about that, I've been playing at this for a while (about 10 years) with some steady finishes and this year I'm on course for my best finish (particularly when you consider the amount of people now playing).

I do think that chopping and changing has been punished as another poster said, I've managed to only lose 8 points to hits so far so I think there's something in that, and I would have thought this strategy (avoiding hits where possible) is more likely to be used by a tenured player.

It's a far less homogenised game now though than several years ago for sure, but way more interesting for that.

38 week season though as you say, the cream will always rise somewhere near to the top and the jokers will largely fall away, you can get lucky for a few weeks but not a whole season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is Ben Davies done and dusted then or are people holding him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Coutinho is doubtful with an abductor injury

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Paully D wrote: »
    Is Ben Davies done and dusted then or are people holding him?

He is extremely likely to start tomorrow so I would hold.

Rose doesn't look close to being match fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Benimar wrote: »
    He is extremely likely to start tomorrow so I would hold.

Rose doesn't look close to being match fit.

What about Aurier?

siblers wrote: »
    What about Aurier?

Aurier is a RB. He was only played LWB against Liverpool to nullify the threat of Salah cutting in on his left foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Arsenal fans - Is Mertesacker going to start this weekend? Any chance Holding comes in for him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Could be absolute carnage if it's a low scoring week with plenty of hits and free hits being played.

I've 2 playing subs and I think I'm happy enough bringing Lascalles in for Kane and going 4-4-2.

Benimar wrote: »
    Aurier is a RB. He was only played LWB against Liverpool to nullify the threat of Salah cutting in on his left foot.

And did a woeful job it most be noted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Head down and work hard.
    Isn't that a good thing ultimately, even if they keep it going which is unlikely and win, it is likely to keep them interested for years to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Benimar wrote:

Aurier also played LWB vs Real Madrid a few days earlier when Bavies was ill.

So thats 2 games in a row for Aurier at LWB

That been said, I have him and I'm holding onto him.

• Advertisement

Aurier also played LWB vs Real Madrid a few days earlier when Bavies was ill.

So thats 2 games in a row for Aurier at LWB

That been said, I have him and I'm holding onto him.

Aurier was RWB vs Madrid. Vertonghen was LWB

Advertisement