Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Correct remember aurier and Marcelo having a great battle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lacazette due for a quick rise... there goes a decent differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,889 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Benimar wrote:
    Aurier was RWB vs Madrid. Vertonghen was LWB

I stand corrected, I would have bet my house that tripper played that Night but he didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Good week to play AOA methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

KevIRL wrote: »
    Good week to play AOA methinks

Did you keep some of those from last year as well as all your wild cards !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

This year I feel that fantasy football is just taking the p*ss hits out me.

I started off with a great starting team (Except JWP)

GW1

Begovic /Elliot

Stones - Valencia - Bertrand (Mason/Clark)

Salah - KDB - Ritchie - JWP

I decided to take a -12 point hit gamweek 3 - At the time Man City Jesus KDB did not look any value and the Valencia funds looked better elsewhere and Ritchie only got yellows

Cost me a lot of points about 40 because these transfers left me with clark on the bench with his 15 points

Fast forward to gameweek 8 I had done and -8 hit two free transfers to get on the man city and chelsea train

David Silva in Salah out
    Hazard in Mkhitaryan out
    Batshuayi in Firmino out

GW 9 sick of it wildcard nd get rid of Batshuayi who whinged and roll his eyes.

So I got Contes favorite Morata.
    I also got rid of Kane

Batshuayi then gets two goals from the bench after coming on for morata.
    Kane gets two goals and assist

Naturally this week Countinho is injured (who I got in wildcard and was going to captain) and all those kane owners can bank thier points and price

It is a real kick in the chips.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Leagues not updated.

Same for everyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Leagues not updated.

Same for everyone ?

Ya same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Clean sheets in last 15 Pemier league game

Man Utd 10

Liverpool 8

City 8

Chelsea 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Man Utd 10

Liverpool 8

City 8

Chelsea 7

Just shows you can prove anything with statistics. Liverpool, City :D

What is it like for the last five games?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Man Utd 10

Liverpool 8

City 8

Chelsea 7

In FF its all about clean sheets it doesn't matter if a team concedes lots of goals like Liverpool do. They will still end up in the top 8 or 10 for numbers of c.s and the fact they have starting defs for 4.5 makes it a wise decision to have one. Haven't got round to it yet myself but will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just shows you can prove anything with statistics. Liverpool, City :D

What is it like for the last five games?

City have been very good defensively this season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

In FF its all about clean sheets it doesn't matter if a team concedes lots of goals like Liverpool do. They will still end up in the top 8 or 10 for numbers of c.s and the fact they have starting defs for 4.5 makes it a wise decision to have one. Haven't got round to it yet myself but will do.

One goal conceded at home. Almost every team comes to Anfield to park the bus so barely get near the goal. Huddersfield had a grand total of one shot on goal on Saturday, a free kick hit over the bar.

Yet you had a lot of posters saying it was crazy to consider Gomez and Moreno at 4.5 after the Spurs match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

From the heads I’ve been talking to they are equally distraught.

It seems the guys that have spent the last 5 years propping up leagues are currently running away with leagues and the guys that have been topping the leagues are languishing.

So make of that what you want.

It’s time to bunker down and work for your final finishing position. Still 28 out of 38 weeks to play.

Head down and work hard.

Just to say, I haven't found this necessarily. There are a lot of very good players around me doing very well. The Leicester season was the mental one because you had Vardy and Mahrez going mental and you had loads of top teams and assets failing. A guy in my league was bottom 2 every year for years, and that season got to 1st in the world for a moment.

He's failed miserably since.

This season is a rotation season. Big assets (City mids and attack, Spurs wingbacks) are being rotated. Traditionally, you pick players guaranteed to start, but City are currently destroying that theory. Nothing else is much out of the ordinary, bar Kane screwing people by not scoring in August.

It's just a typical season where you win some, and lose some. Some good players will have been screwed because invariably some will have gotten a whole host of 50/50 decisions unluckily wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Morzadec wrote: »
    One goal conceded at home. Almost every team comes to Anfield to park the bus so barely get near the goal. Huddersfield had a grand total of one shot on goal on Saturday, a free kick hit over the bar.

Yet you had a lot of posters saying it was crazy to consider Gomez and Moreno at 4.5 after the Spurs match.

I wouldn't be too harsh on people who's initial thoughts were that it's madness. On the face of it, Liverpool are a mess at the back. It's only when you drill down to see that they've two 4.5m playing defenders that only should be used for home games, that it starts to make sense.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Just to say, I haven't found this necessarily. There are a lot of very good players around me doing very well. The Leicester season was the mental one because you had Vardy and Mahrez going mental and you had loads of top teams and assets failing. A guy in my league was bottom 2 every year for years, and that season got to 1st in the world for a moment.

He's bmfailed miserably since.

This season is a rotation season. Big assets (City mids and attack, Spurs wingbacks) are being rotated. Traditionally, you pick players guaranteed to start, but City are currently destroying that theory. Nothing else is much out of the ordinary, bar Kane screwing people by not scoring in August.

It's just a typical season where you win some, and lose some. Some good players will have been screwed because invariably some will have gotten a whole host of 50/50 decisions unluckily wrong.

Managing / predicting Rotation is definitely the challenge this season.

Having a decent bench that starts and can bring in points has always been important but even more so this season.

It's been a real thorn in my side the last few weeks, I have no one to fall back on.

I brought in Mbemba, Suttner and King as my bench fodder on the WC. All 3 were starting at the time. King I could have accepted as someone who would soon be back on the bench, Mbemba I might have expected a bit of rotation (but to see him out of the squad altogether is unexpected and annoying), but Suttner is the one that really annoys me as he had played every minute I think when I brought him in. I could easily have gone for Dunk but thought Suttner had better attacking returns and there were no indications he'd be benched at the time.

On the other hand getting in cheap fodder enabled me to put up a monster score on my WC week, but my squad is in pretty raggedy shape now so soon after a WC.

I never get round to improving them as there's often other priorities, but I know I need to upgrade the fodder soon as with players like Bavies in my team I'm going to end up with only 10 players fairly often.

PARlance wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too harsh on people who's initial thoughts were that it's madness. On the face of it, Liverpool are a mess at the back. It's only when you drill down to see that they've two 4.5m playing defenders that only should be used for home games, that it starts to make sense.

Just don't get tempted to play them in away games. They aren't good defensively they defend by dominating possession and they dominate possession even more at anfield. One thing to note from the weekend was that they were a little bit more defensive than usual in that Gomez didn't venture forward at all. Usually both full backs are as far forward as wingers and both usually at the same time. Anyway if you have a Liverpool defender think of them as a 4.5 defender and not as a defender of a top 6 team and you will be onto a winner I feel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

SlickRic wrote: »
    Nothing else is much out of the ordinary, bar Kane screwing people by not scoring in August.

Kane not scoring in August isn't exactly out of the ordinary either! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Was it explained why Kun didn’t play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Big Borg wrote: »

Because Pep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Big Borg wrote: »

Peptitus, its nothing serious but can hit from week to week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

If Sean dyche takes over at Everton siggy becomes a real option again
    Dyche works hard on set pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Kane back in training.

Salah left out of Egypt squad for next international break. Good news for owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Salah left out of Egypt squad for next international break. Good news for owners.

Is he injured or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Is he injured or something?

He’s in the starting XI tonight, so it’s just to rest him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Fat Sam to Everton virtually a done deal I'm hearing that will change things

Fat Sam to Everton virtually a done deal I'm hearing that will change things

If one of the cheapy defenders like Holgate can nail a place under Fat Sam they will be great value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Does anyone else think Arsenal might spring a surprise on Sunday?

A week off to prepare specifically for it while City may be drained after the exertions in Italy last night :confused::confused::confused:

Ditto Palace vs. Spurs.....

I'm basically grasping at straws desperately to avoid taking hits a week after wildcarding to dump Sanchez and get Kane back :D:D:D

*Edit: totally forgot Arsenal are in the Europa Vase or whatever it's called....but the point still stands...kinda

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Arsenal might spring a surprise on Sunday?

A week off to prepare specifically for it while City may be drained after the exertions in Italy last night :confused::confused::confused:

Ditto Palace vs. Spurs.....

I'm basically grasping at straws desperately to avoid taking hits a week after wildcarding to dump Sanchez and get Kane back :D:D:D

City have conceded unexpected goals so I wouldn’t rush to get rid of Sanchez.

I do expect Wenger to go with plan A (his only plan) so I think they’ll get ripped apart.

Advertisement