Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I can see Arsenal scoring a couple, but expect City to hammer them. 5-2 or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Arsenal might spring a surprise on Sunday?

A week off to prepare specifically for it while City may be drained after the exertions in Italy last night :confused::confused::confused:

Ditto Palace vs. Spurs.....

I'm basically grasping at straws desperately to avoid taking hits a week after wildcarding to dump Sanchez and get Kane back :D:D:D

*Edit: totally forgot Arsenal are in the Europa Vase or whatever it's called....but the point still stands...kinda

Arsenal no
    Palace I am worried ......I think it will be a lower scoring game than many and I have both Alli and Kane !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Are we forgetting Arsenal are playing tonight?
    It'll be a weaker team but still not a week off as suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Are we forgetting Arsenal are playing tonight?
    It'll be a weaker team but still not a week off as suggested.

There wont be a single player involved in both games, as has been the same for the three previous rounds.

danganabu wrote: »
    There wont be a single player involved in both games, as has been the same for the three previous rounds.

Of course BUT they won't have a whole week to prepare on the training ground for city as was originally suggested
    In fact
    They have less time than pep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

km79 wrote: »
    Of course BUT they won't have a whole week to prepare on the training ground for city as was originally suggested
    In fact
    They have less time than pep

I think you might be grossly over estimating Arsene Wengers attention to detail when it comes to the opposition.

danganabu wrote: »
    I think you might be grossly over estimating Arsene Wengers attention to detail when it comes to the opposition.

The fact that for the last 10 years bar one game I can think of last season against the top teams he has just tried to attack them suggests I am not :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The fact that for the last 10 years bar one game I can think of last season against the top teams he has just tried to attack them suggests I am not :D

He has had 21 years to prepare for this game though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I was just doing a bit of research and came across Chelsea's fixtures. The run they have after the Liverpool game all the way through until February :eek:

9d886b95f9ca4e7ccd1828f86c26ac12.png

Paully D wrote: »
    I was just doing a bit of research and came across Chelsea's fixtures. The run they have after the Liverpool game all the way through until February :eek:

9d886b95f9ca4e7ccd1828f86c26ac12.png

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh
    But seriously they need to get their act together a bit first
    Nonetheless I have already initiated my plan .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh
    But seriously they need to get their act together a bit first
    Nonetheless I have already initiated my plan .......

Morata only player tho, Hazard not worth the cash even tho he's world class, pedro does he even start, Alonso might be worth it.
    I have Morata and tempted with Alonso.

Morata only player tho, Hazard not worth the cash even tho he's world class, pedro does he even start, Alonso might be worth it.
    I have Morata and tempted with Alonso.

It's a couple of weeks away
    I'm hoping hazard can show us enough ......his goals are worth a point more and he likes bonus
    Kane aguero/lukaku will be locked in for me
    It's midfield I'm looking to..........and possibly Luiz for bavies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Would people start De Gea v Chelsea or Elliot v Bournemouth this weekend?

Thanks for any thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Thanks for any thoughts.

Thought about that choice long and hard for my team. DeGea is the answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Islander13 wrote: »

Thanks for any thoughts.

Thought about that choice long and hard for my team. DeGea is the answer

Are you thinking in terms of save points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Are you thinking in terms of save points?

Mourinho will park the bus, having said that, Utd's record at Stamford Bridge is pretty awful so I dunno, I had DDG and Elliot and I'm not sure who to go with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Thanks for any thoughts.
    siblers wrote: »
    Mourinho will park the bus, having said that, Utd's record at Stamford Bridge is pretty awful so I dunno, I had DDG and Elliot and I'm not sure who to go with

First thought is Eliot. Newcastle at home very solid and coming up against Bournemouth who are not really in much form going forward.

United playing arguably their 2nd or 3rd hardest fixture of the campaign. Yes, Mourinho will park the bus, but he can't stop goals every single time. They got a little lucky against Liverpool and I feel Chelsea are a bit more clinical / savvy than Liverpool when it comes to breaking down a defensive side. Reverse fixture last year ended 4-0 to Chelsea.

Odds say 6/4 clean sheet Eliot, 9/4 De Gea.

United definitely have the potential for a clean sheet, don't get me wrong. But I think Newcastle are the more likely.

If United do keep a cleany you could be looking at an 8 or 9 pointer for De Gea, whereas Eliot will most likely be a 6 or 7 pointer. ~M~ight sway you towards De Gea.

But Eliot is the % choice imo

Morzadec wrote: »
    First thought is Eliot. Newcastle at home very solid and coming up against Bournemouth who are not really in much form going forward.

United playing arguably their 2nd or 3rd hardest fixture of the campaign. Yes, Mourinho will park the bus, but he can't stop goals every single time. They got a little lucky against Liverpool and I feel Chelsea are a bit more clinical / savvy than Liverpool when it comes to breaking down a defensive side. Reverse fixture last year ended 4-0 to Chelsea.

United definitely have the potential for a clean sheet, don't get me wrong. But I think Newcastle are the more likely.

If United do keep a cleany you could be looking at an 8 or 9 pointer for De Gea, whereas Eliot will most likely be a 6 or 7 pointer. ~M~ight sway you towards De Gea.

Its rare that this happens but this post has changed my mind. Elliot in. Checked PP. Bournemounth 1/2 to score. Chelsea 3/10 so Elliot is the % choice against my instinct. Save points do come into it but I don't think Chelsea will have that many chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Morzadec wrote: »

Thanks, one more Monreal or Mee? I'm thinking Monreal as a huge differential, Arsenal actually beat City 1-0 in last years corresponding fixture, might take a punt.

patmac wrote: »
    Thanks, one more Monreal or Mee? I'm thinking Monreal as a huge differential, Arsenal actually beat City 1-0 in last years corresponding fixture, might take a punt.

Mee 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

This is a better City team though and Arsenal still have the same old defensive frailties. Can see them getting a good hiding.

City actually beat Arsenal 2-1 in this fixture last year. I do kinda fancy Arsenal to play well and maybe get something but don't think Monreal is the man this week, Mee I would play

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

3rd atttacker?

I'm currently on Kane Jesus Morata. But I'm considering strenghtening my midfield in the coming GWs with Hazard & Sanchez getting back to form.

But who for the 3rd attacking spot? Outside the premium strikers I'm struggling to find one I'd be happy with. Anyone else than Vardy (though I'm not sure I could stretch up to his price tag)?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Has to be mee over monreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Neoulous wrote: »
    3rd atttacker?

I'm currently on Kane Jesus Morata. But I'm considering strenghtening my midfield in the coming GWs with Hazard & Sanchez getting back to form.

But who for the 3rd attacking spot? Outside the premium strikers I'm struggling to find one I'd be happy with. Anyone else than Vardy (though I'm not sure I could stretch up to his price tag)?

Abraham?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Abraham?
    Eh I dunno much 'bout him :p. Sorry for the easy pun but I do actually not know much about him. Is he guaranteed a start? What's up with Bony?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Neoulous wrote: »
    Eh I dunno much 'bout him :p. Sorry for the easy pun but I do actually not know much about him. Is he guaranteed a start? What's up with Bony?

Guaranteed to start I reckon. Called up by England this week so confidence will high

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Guaranteed to start I reckon. Called up by England this week so confidence will high
    Thanks for quick reply. Will monitor him this GW then and may consider the switch for next GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I got Abraham in this gw. Just to give people the heads up he won't be able to play in gw14 as they play Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Abraham is definitely superb value. He's likely to be at he centre of most Swansea goals. Swansea are fairly rubbish but if they score it will likely be scoredor set up by him.

Have my eye on him to, would be a serious fund enabler.

Advertisement