Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Morzadec wrote: »
    Abraham is definitely superb value. He's likely to be at he centre of most Swansea goals. Swansea are fairly rubbish but if they score it will likely be scoredor set up by him.

Have my eye on him to, would be a serious fund enabler.

Yep, thinking he's my haz enabler for chelseas good run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

How long does it generally take for the game to update these days? It used to only take around 15 mins a couple of years ago but with the increase in players....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Around 45 mins these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

@DeanJonesBR: Think it's time up for Bilic. Hearing David Moyes will head to West Ham for the rest of the season, Phil Neville to be part of backroom team

The good lord !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Duffy has 4 clean sheets in the last 6 weeks, he's been on my bench for them all, subbed on once. I'm going to play him from now on so you can be sure they will concede every week!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

AdpRo wrote: »
    Duffy has 4 clean sheets in the last 6 weeks, he's been on my bench for them all, subbed on once. I'm going to play him from now on so you can be sure they will concede every week!

Same with Dunk, but at least he's been in my team for all of them except this week!

I'm amazed he dropped by .1 at all though as he did nothing to warrant being sold. My guess is that people dumped him to hop on the Hegazi train.

Makes no odds to me though as I have no intention of getting rid! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Would people start De Gea v Chelsea or Elliot v Bournemouth this weekend?

Thanks for any thoughts.
    siblers wrote: »
    Mourinho will park the bus, having said that, Utd's record at Stamford Bridge is pretty awful so I dunno, I had DDG and Elliot and I'm not sure who to go with

First thought is Eliot. Newcastle at home very solid and coming up against Bournemouth who are not really in much form going forward.

United playing arguably their 2nd or 3rd hardest fixture of the campaign. Yes, Mourinho will park the bus, but he can't stop goals every single time. They got a little lucky against Liverpool and I feel Chelsea are a bit more clinical / savvy than Liverpool when it comes to breaking down a defensive side. Reverse fixture last year ended 4-0 to Chelsea.

Odds say 6/4 clean sheet Eliot, 9/4 De Gea.

United definitely have the potential for a clean sheet, don't get me wrong. But I think Newcastle are the more likely.

If United do keep a cleany you could be looking at an 8 or 9 pointer for De Gea, whereas Eliot will most likely be a 6 or 7 pointer. ~M~ight sway you towards De Gea.

But Eliot is the % choice imo

Elliot and injury time concession!....if it wasn’t for those pesky kids.....and Cook😀

Thanks for any thoughts.
    Mourinho will park the bus, having said that, Utd's record at Stamford Bridge is pretty awful so I dunno, I had DDG and Elliot and I'm not sure who to go with

First thought is Eliot. Newcastle at home very solid and coming up against Bournemouth who are not really in much form going forward.

United playing arguably their 2nd or 3rd hardest fixture of the campaign. Yes, Mourinho will park the bus, but he can't stop goals every single time. They got a little lucky against Liverpool and I feel Chelsea are a bit more clinical / savvy than Liverpool when it comes to breaking down a defensive side. Reverse fixture last year ended 4-0 to Chelsea.

United definitely have the potential for a clean sheet, don't get me wrong. But I think Newcastle are the more likely.

If United do keep a cleany you could be looking at an 8 or 9 pointer for De Gea, whereas Eliot will most likely be a 6 or 7 pointer. ~M~ight sway you towards De Gea.

Elliot and injury time concession!....if it wasn’t for those pesky kids.....and Cook😀

Thanks for any thoughts.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Elliot and injury time concession!....if it wasn’t for those pesky kids.....and Cook:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Elliot and injury time concession!....if it wasn’t for those pesky kids.....and Cook��
    Elliot and injury time concession!....if it wasn’t for those pesky kids.....and Cook:)

4 goals conceded in injury time....ouch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,888 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Elliot and injury time concession!....if it wasn’t for those pesky kids.....and Cook��

I was confident of a newcastle clean sheet as well started yedlin and elliott and I banched daniels....
    it looked like Yeldin and Elliott would have got two bonus points each as well :(

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

My captaincy choices this season:

GW1: Lukaku - 13 (26)
    GW2: Lukaku - 6 (12)
    GW3: Kane - 2 (4)
    GW4: Sanchez - 2 (4)
    GW5: Kane - 2 (4)
    GW6: Sanchez - 5 (10)
    GW7: Kane - 13 (26)
    GW8: Kane - 2 (4)
    GW9: Sterling - 0 - Morata in with 1 (2)
    GW10: Salah - 4 (8)
    GW11: Kane - 2 (4)

Utterly pathetic really. Only 2 hauls (GW's 1 and 7) I can be happy with there from 11 weeks. 4 captaincy blanks in 5 from Kane alone.

Getting the captaincy right is so important but 2 from 11 is beyond poor.

How's everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Paully D wrote: »
    My captaincy choices this season:

GW4: Sanchez - 2 (4)
    GW6: Sanchez - 5 (10)
    GW9: Sterling - 0 - Morata in with 1 (2)
    GW10: Salah - 4 (8)

Utterly pathetic really. Only 2 hauls (GW's 1 and 7) I can be happy with there from 11 weeks. 4 captaincy blanks in 5 from Kane alone.

Getting the captaincy right is so important but 2 from 11 is beyond poor.

How's everyone else doing?

GW1: Jesus - 1 (2)
    GW2: Mane - 8 (16)
    GW4: Sanchez - 1 (2)
    GW6: Kolasinac - 6 (12)
    GW7: lukaku - 6 (12)
    GW9: Lukaku - 5 (10)
    GW10: Sanchez - 2 (4)

Shocking altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

GW1: Jesus - 1 (2)
    GW2: Mane - 8 (16)
    GW4: Sanchez - 1 (2)
    GW6: Kolasinac - 6 (12)
    GW7: lukaku - 6 (12)
    GW9: Lukaku - 5 (10)
    GW10: Sanchez - 2 (4)

Shocking altogether

Astonishing that you got no returns from 4x Kane and 2x Sanchez captaincies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Is it my imagination or is this a very low scoring season so far?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Era, my guess is that everyone who had Kane had him captained this week.

I mean, even though I had a feeling that Palace could fustrate them today, I still captained him! :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »

I mean, even though I had a feeling that Palace could fustrate them today, I still captained him! :pac:

Same
    I felt I’d rather be the wrong end of a captain blank than a non captain haul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I had Kane and Captained Atsu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Have Kane but went with my gut and gave it to Kun. As I said in the Captaincy thread, having Aguero as a differential captain is never the worst of positions to be in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

GW4: Lukaku - 6 (12)
    GW6: Aguero - 11 (22)
    GW9: Kane - 16 (32)
    GW10: Lacazette - 2 (4)
    GW11: Aguero - 8 (16)

Only slightly annoyed with the Lacazette captaincy in GW10 but it wasn't punished as there were fails all around. He scored in GW 9 & 11 so not the worst of calls.

Don't really mind the Kane blanks as he was so highly captained those weeks iirc and have been on him for his big hauls.

Captaincy is normally an area were I fail massively but have decided to play it safer this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

GW3: Lukaku - 0 (0)
    GW4: Kane- 13 (26)
    GW6: Aguero - 11 (22)
    GW7: Lukaku- 6 (12)
    GW8: Jesus- 13 (26)
    GW9: Jesus- 1 (2)
    GW10: Sanchez- 2 (4)
    GW11: Firmino- 2 (4)

I think I've done alright with captain choices so far- last 3 have been let downs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Are the boards f**ked up again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

How would you rank these 3 options; Alonso, Zaha, Richardilson?

Can only afford 2 but all 3 have excellent fixtures on the horizion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

How would you rank these 3 options; Alonso, Zaha, Richardilson?

Can only afford 2 but all 3 have excellent fixtures on the horizion.

Id have Zaha/Richarlison

COH wrote: »
    Id have Zaha/Richarlison

Same
    Not sure why anyone would consider spending 7ml on Alonso over azpi at this point either

km79 wrote: »
    Same
    Not sure why anyone would consider spending 7ml on Alonso over azpi at this point either

Well I’ve been carrying him since WC and have lost 0.2m but I kinda have to keep him now for this good run of fixtures.

Although im concerned about behind the scenes talk with Conte.

Are strong arguments against Abraham being the safest and best cheap 3rd striker option in a 3-5-2 ?

With the busy schedule now I think it’s important to have a strong bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Are strong arguments against Abraham being the safest and best cheap 3rd striker option in a 3-5-2 ?

With the busy schedule now I think it’s important to have a strong bench.

Well I've gone with Rooney as punt in this role and it has backfired spectacularly so far.
    Think I have to stick with him given his fixtures.

Abraham seems to be involved in everything Swansea do, but when Bony returns will that continue would be my concern, and he does play for Swansea.

Glenn Murray seems to have the ability to get goals from nothing, he's in very good form, proven scorer for lower profile clubs in the league, Brighton have 3 tricky fixtures coming up in the next 6 games, but only really Chelsea (twice) of the 'top clubs' in the next run of games up to Gameweek 29 at the beginning of March. So he could be a select and forget option.

I might be clouded by his last 3 games, but I may have talked myself into buying Big Glenn in a few weeks time myself :D:D

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »
    Well I've gone with Rooney as punt in this role and it has backfired spectacularly so far.
    Think I have to stick with him given his fixtures.

Abraham seems to be involved in everything Swansea do, but when Bony returns will that continue would be my concern, and he does play for Swansea.

Glenn Murray seems to have the ability to get goals from nothing, he's in very good form, proven scorer for lower profile clubs in the league, Brighton have 3 tricky fixtures coming up in the next 6 games, but only really Chelsea (twice) of the 'top clubs' in the next run of games up to Gameweek 29 at the beginning of March. So he could be a select and forget option.

I might be clouded by his last 3 games, but I may have talked myself into buying Big Glenn in a few weeks time myself :D:D

Yeah. It’s hard to combine the safe and best. I wonder how safe Murray will be over the next few weeks with Hemed available again.

I got the feeling that Bony might start with Abraham rather than instead of him.

Depoitre might be the other safe choice.

Advertisement