Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel Standing Order on a Friday - Will a standing order scheduled for Monday still

Options
  • 26-05-2017 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have had to cancel a standing order with short notice today (Friday 26th approx. 16:30) via BoI 365 online. It was (up until now) set to come out monthly on the 29th.

I see in previous posts that if the cancellation is made on a Wednesday, it will be applied that night and take effect on the Thursday.

Does the same still apppy here being a Friday? That is, having cancelled on Friday will it be applied Friday night and therefore the standing order will not go through? Or will this not be processed until the Monday (29th), therefore the standing order will proceed? If so, is there anything that can be done after the order has gone through?

Thanks,
    Luke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I think you should put a hold on the standing order as well, to be on the safe side.
    4.30 might be a bit late to make the deadline....but from what I know, the hold may go in sooner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi,

I have had to cancel a standing order with short notice today (Friday 26th approx. 16:30) via BoI 365 online. It was (up until now) set to come out monthly on the 29th.

I see in previous posts that if the cancellation is made on a Wednesday, it will be applied that night and take effect on the Thursday.

Does the same still apppy here being a Friday? That is, having cancelled on Friday will it be applied Friday night and therefore the standing order will not go through? Or will this not be processed until the Monday (29th), therefore the standing order will proceed? If so, is there anything that can be done after the order has gone through?

Thanks,
    Luke
    Hi lukemdickens,

Thanks for getting in touch.

As the cancellation was made after the 365 online cut off time of 3.30pm, this may not have been cancelled in time. It's best to leave a full working day between the request and the payment date. In this instance, you'll need to contact the standing order payee to request they transfer the funds back to your account.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lukemdickens

Thank you both for your replies. I can confirm it appears I was fortunate and in this case the cancellation went ahead.

Thanks,
    Luke

Advertisement