Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ashbourne - Primary Schools

Options
  • 26-05-2017 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

We are planning to move to Ashbourne. We have two kids that will go to senior infants and 1st class. As far as I know there are two catholic national schools, one educate together and one Gaelscoil. I was wondering if you could share your opinion on these schools.

Regards,
    David

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Have been living in Ashbourne for over 25 years, and all of the schools, both the older and the more recent, have good reputations, and are operating in relatively modern buildings.

The issue you may face will be that there is a very distinct lack of available places at some of them, due to the way that the population has grown in the area, so you may not be able to get places at the school of your choice, or even in the town itself.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

Madsun,

There's actually 2 Gaelscoils - Gaelscoil na Cille and Gaelscoil na Mhi - the latter has just moved into a brand new building in the educational campus next door to the GAA pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 madsun

Thank you for your answers. I checked Educate Togather and St Declan's and they both don't take new pupils. There is 14 kids on waiting list to Senior Infants in Educate Together!!!!

I also talked to girl that moved to Ashbourne recently. She is looking for place in Senior Infants and was advised that the closest primary school (except Gaelscoils) enrolling that grade is in Garristown. That is ridiculous give the pace Ashbourn is growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

madsun garristown is a great national school. My friends little boy is in it

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Cushenstown (Kilmoon cross) has space available, it's a small school, and a relatively easy trip to and fro, as the traffic is opposite direction at peak periods, my daughter (lives in Duleek) has 2 in that school.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
Advertisement