Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to eat

Options
  • 26-05-2017 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Anyone recommend any good places to eat on way back into Dublin from Japanese gardens?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The food forum posters are scattered far and wide, so I'm moving this into the Kildare forum. You're more likely to get helpful replies there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

What do you fancy?
    * there's an Italian place in the kildare village outlet place, just the other side of the M7
    * Newbridge has a reasonable selection of places. KFC, Eddie rockets, lots of pubs and smaller places
    * Naas has a few places, pubs and restaurants
    * City west has KFC, Eddie rockets and a lemongrass (also in Naas)

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

sm3ar wrote: »
    Anyone recommend any good places to eat on way back into Dublin from Japanese gardens?[/QU

Am not sure what fare You are looking at Sm3ar, but there is an excellent restaurant in Kildare Town - Harte's. Personally, I would avoid Kildare Village for cullinary 'delights'. Another to come to mind, especially as it's just off the N7 is Avoca in Rathcoole, but perhaps that's too near to home?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lockster

Would also recommend the Johnstown Inn, just off the N7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've only eaten there once (2 months ago) but Il Ponte Nuovo in Newbridge isn't bad. I don't like Italian food but the fish'n'chips main course was very good. The rest of the group of 12 with me had nothing but praise for the food, value for money, and the service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement