Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty iphone from Argos

Options
  • 26-05-2017 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

I purchased a new iphone from Argos 2 weeks ago today. Almost every time I make/receive a call I am having issues. Either the call drops, or after a few seconds, the other person cant hear me. They keep saying speak up. I thought it was a Meteor problem and they replaced the SIM card but still the same problem.(btw I have full 4g coverage) As its an unlocked phone, I put a vodafone SIM in and the same problem continues so I know its the phone itself. Its like there is a issue with the mic. But if I use voice memos, that works perfectly.
    Looking at my receipt and the Argos website, it does not mention that it's excluded from the 30 day policy. Just wondering what are my entitlements? I'd be happy with a replacement - dont need the refund as I want the phone and dont want a repair as I need the phone! Texts/data work perfectly

OH: And just to make it more difficult, the model is iphone SE but the receipt says iphone 6S, but the receipt has the correct catalog number (iphone SE) When I was buying it the lady said the wrong name came up on receipt !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Argos will take anything back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Argos will take anything back

Hopefully, I am too quiet for my own good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

The 30 day policy is for change of mind for unused products.

A faulty product is totally different and must be repaired, replaced or refunded should it develop a fault within a reasonable timeframe. For a phone I'd put that at 2 years.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    The 30 day policy is for change of mind for unused products.

A faulty product is totally different and must be repaired, replaced or refunded should it develop a fault within a reasonable timeframe. For a phone I'd put that at 2 years.

I was worried the 2 weeks was a long time. But as I say I went to Meteor twice in that time frame to rule out issues on their side. I am not a huge talker (more whatsapp/facebook etc) but need it working right too. I will go in to where I bought it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mac1ntosh

You'll always have the 1-year warranty with Apple too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

My son got a phone from Argos to and has a few issues. I've not brought it back yet but it was reconditioned. Any more problems and I will take back
    When he updated it it worked better

Ok guys just to update... I went into Argos today. Not the store I bought the phone in, just said I'd try a closer store as I was in the area. First she asked if the SIM was in the phone. I said no as I had reset the phone. She said she'd need to see the fault. I explained why I reset it (wiped personal data). She agreed good point and just replaced it no question. I was very impressed. She gave me a leaflet with Apple support contact info if ever I need it. I must say you couldn't ask fairer than that. Plus the new warranty starts again from today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This is a recurring theme with Argos. They seem to be excellent to deal with.

This is a recurring theme with Argos. They seem to be excellent to deal with.
    Yeah they really were great. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes. When she said she wanted the SIM card in to test it I thought here we go but when she realised it wasn't straight forward she was great.
    I would never have thought of Argos for a phone but happy out now.

Advertisement