Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Event June 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

is this the iphone event or something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Probably not. iOS 11, next version of macOS, and possibly some new iPads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

WWDC is the annual developers conference. Nothing to do with the consumer / hardware side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

JoeA3 wrote: »
    WWDC is the annual developers conference. Nothing to do with the consumer / hardware side of things.

Apple do use WWDC for hardware (also Apple Music etc) announcements when it suits them. There's zero chance of getting the iPhone 8 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

JoeA3 wrote: »

The first event is all to do with consumers, sure the chance of hardware is slim - especially iOS hardware - but they'll be showing off iOS 11, watchOS 4, tvOS, macOS 10.whatever and updates to Apple Music etc.

The developer keynote is on afterwards - is a much more interesting show imo - and sessions run through the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

I am hoping there will be a new iPad mini announced aye the event but there are talks that they may be doing away with the mini altogether. Hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Rumours say that there's a big possibility of the new 10.5" iPad as well as updates for the whole MacBook line-up. Supposed to be mainly spec updates.

There's talk of the supposed Siri speaker being unveiled as well. So it looks like this event could be very much split between hardware and software.

Previous WWDC's had moved away from hardware releases though.

Think this is one of the quietest WWDC's when it comes to software rumours. Normally by now a lot would have leaked but by the looks of it the rumours are just educated guesses.

All I've really seen mentioned were Siri improvements and a possible dark mode which always pops up but never usually happens.

I've a feeling this could mean smaller software updates across the board, especially with so many hardware announcements expected this year.

Hoping to be surprised and there will be some good stuff in these updates but it's not looking good.

I'm not one of those people crying out for a file manager, but I can understand if it's powerful enough it will make a lot of power users really happy.

Seems like some of the bigger features will be targeted at the new iPad 10.5". The files app would be a big one, and looks like drag and drop will be coming too which would be a great addition alongside the files app.

I'm hoping there'll be a few new iOS11 features for iPhone, a lot of the iMessage and Siri stuff from last year was useless for me as I use neither.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

The first iPhone was released on the 29th June 2007.

Would they really waste that opportunity to release it for the 10 year anniversary?

• Advertisement

gizmo81 wrote: »
    The first iPhone was released on the 29th June 2007.

Would they really waste that opportunity to release it for the 10 year anniversary?

I'd be 99% sure that there won't be any new iPhone announced today or anytime over the next 2-3 months.

Mostly Mac and iPad hardware expected today.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

If there was a phone to be released any time in June you'd be sure as hell be seeing way more credible leaks of hardware parts. We're still only seeing 3d printed models or rough CNC milled blocked.

If there was a phone to be released any time in June you'd be sure as hell be seeing way more credible leaks of hardware parts. We're still only seeing 3d printed models or rough CNC milled blocked.

And I'd say most of them are just created based on leaks and renders, not actually coming from the iPhone manufacturing line. Some rumours that the iPhone will be very delayed this year too which adds to it definately not being available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The store has closed so new products incoming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

This is about to kick off for anybody interested

The crowd applause is very muted for all of the watchOS updates

Definitely. I like the interval training and new Siri watch face.
    BDJW wrote: »
    The crowd applause is very muted for all the watchOS updates

Mac time

High sierra?

I'm hoping for vast improvements in mail.

• Advertisement

gizmo81 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for vast improvements in mail.

I haven't used the mail app in a long long time

File system looking good

I've tried others like Spark recently but just prefer native apps.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    I have used the mail app in a long long time

They're speeding through all this. Hopefully iOS will be a larger update.

I'd like a touch bar Mac but the price point is huge.

Imac pro, time to remortgage the house

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

peteeeed wrote: »
    Imac pro, time to remortgage the house

Are you going for the base model?

No, kidney sold, wife and child also sold… house remortgaged.

5 grand

iOS time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement