Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Event June 2017

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

DubDJ wrote: »
    Remember the top iPad was €499 for the entry level configuration. Really starting to hate Apples tactics of raising the average selling price of everything.

It's like they reached flat numbers across the board and decided on the pro strategy to raise prices further.

iPhone 4 was €499, now €779.
    iPad 2 was €499, now €749.

I know you can buy different models such as the SE and the 9.7" iPad but they're lesser products with old specs. Big difference in pricing between the old top end of the line and what's currently available.

Tim cook is a bean counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

They really are trying to swindle people. I was interested in the MacBook Pro 13" without the touch bar from today's event.

Went to check out prices, now €1,549 which is a good discount and a lot easier to digest. However, in usual Apple style they've quietly halved the storage to 128GB, and to double it back to 256GB it's actually an extra €249 which makes it €50 more expensive then the original model from 2016 which was €1,749.

I just wish I didn't love iOS and macOS so much because their prices and stinginess is ridiculous.

Won't be upgrading anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

About €674 for the basic iPad pro model through education pricing in UK.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The current iOS double-screened Control Center angers me more than anything Apple have done. Hiding the music/podcast controls to include a huge Night Shift button? WTF.

Thank Zeus they've seen fit to put everything back on one screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Dades wrote: »
    The current iOS double-screened Control Center angers me more than anything Apple have done. Hiding the music/podcast controls to include a huge Night Shift button? WTF.

Thank Zeus they've seen fit to put everything back on one screen.
    and control centre is now customisable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭McGrath5

They really are trying to swindle people. I was interested in the MacBook Pro 13" without the touch bar from today's event.

Went to check out prices, now €1,549 which is a good discount and a lot easier to digest. However, in usual Apple style they've quietly halved the storage to 128GB, and to double it back to 256GB it's actually an extra €249 which makes it €50 more expensive then the original model from 2016 which was €1,749.

I just wish I didn't love iOS and macOS so much because their prices and stinginess is ridiculous.

Yeah, I agree.

I am in the market for a new MacBook as my MBA is starting to grow tired, was hoping after todays event that the non touch bar MacBook Pro would see a price reduction, but like you say halving the storage is so stingy on Apple's part.

I may wait for something to pop up on the refurbished store but the purchase is on hold for now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elenatalo

Really looking forward to new iOS 11

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

My problem is the compulsion to upgrade, which usually hits during these Apple events. My budget doesn't allow me to upgrade these days but I'm finally getting value as Apple products have fantastic longevity. I'm running a 10 year old iMac in work that boots off a small SSD and it flies along. I also have a six year old Mac Mini, a five year old iMac as my main computer and a similarly aged iPad and none actually need to be upgraded (although the want is still there). I even have an 2008 iPhone 3G that I stick a SIM in for using abroad. The only upgrades I've been doing is SSD drives, which really transform a sluggish Mac and make it feel like new.

what hifi seem to be a fan of the home pod

https://www.whathifi.com/apple/homepod/review

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Sharp2012

I liked the look of the space grey keyboard and Magic Mouse shown with the iMac pro but apparently the won't be sold separately

BDJW wrote: »
    It's not available until December. It's very early to announce it, leaving 6 months wait time!

The 10.5 inch Ipad Pro?

The 10.5 inch Ipad Pro?

homepod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

When is the 10.5 inch iPad out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Redo91 wrote: »

Now it's for sale on Apple.ie

now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Available to order now, released in 5 business days according to my confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Does anyone now how soon after launch the likes of CompuB and Harvey Norman etc tend get these new products?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree.

I am in the market for a new MacBook as my MBA is starting to grow tired, was hoping after todays event that the non touch bar MacBook Pro would see a price reduction, but like you say halving the storage is so stingy on Apple's part.

I may wait for something to pop up on the refurbished store but the purchase is on hold for now anyway.

I picked up a space grey MacBook Pro (non touch) for 1479. this was the 8gb /256gb version. always worth keeping an eye out for one there alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Cheers for the replies. I'll be getting an iPad for a course I could be starting in September (or else next September) so I'm interested in the new iPad Pro. Is it much of an upgrade on the previous offering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cheers for the replies. I'll be getting an iPad for a course I could be starting in September (or else next September) so I'm interested in the new iPad Pro. Is it much of an upgrade on the previous offering?

You can check out the specs to compare.

The previous 9.7" Pro is available on the refurb store for ?529.
    Its 32GB as opposed to 64GB that comes with the newer 10.5" but its a saving of over ?200!

Anyone pick up the new 10.5" Pro yet? It seems to have been very well received and is getting great reviews.

I am tempted but its a little pricey for me for a tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

adox wrote: »
    Anyone pick up the new 10.5" Pro yet? It seems to have been very well received and is getting great reviews.

I'd be nice to know when the shops like pcworld etc will have it in stock since I have those annoying one4all vouchers

Headshot wrote: »
    I'd be nice to know when the shops like pcworld etc will have it in stock since I have those annoying one4all vouchers

Yeah Ive ?250 in one4all vouchers which could make the price more palatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

not relevant to your specific scenario, but you can convert one4all vouchers to amazon.co.uk gift card money so you're never really really stuck with the voucher if you can't find somewhere to spend it in a bricks and mortar store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I got it on Tuesday, and love it. However, I'm coming from a 3rd gen one, so it is a huge upgrade! Got the keyboard, which is dead handy, and the pencil which isn't much use at the moment, but when iOS 11 is released I'd hope to get more use out of it.

not relevant to your specific scenario, but you can convert one4all vouchers to amazon.co.uk gift card money so you're never really really stuck with the voucher if you can't find somewhere to spend it in a bricks and mortar store.

Im going to have to look in this

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Headshot wrote: »
    Im going to have to look in this

Thanks

You can find info here.

murpho999 wrote: »
    YOu can find info here.

Thanks for that.

Found that earlier and having no luck converting it

Unfortunately there has been an error with processing your order. Please try placing your order again.
    No money has been deducted from your card at this time.
    Please note the card number should begin with '484426' or '401773' as only these card types are accepted as payment on this site.
    To check that you have sufficient balance on your card please go to https://www.one4allgiftcard.co.uk/one4all-checkbalance
    If you are calling from the UK and have any queries please contact the customer service team on 08700 84 44 44 (opening hours 09:00 to 18:00 ) to report the issue or email custserv@one4allgiftcard.co.uk.

If you are calling from Ireland and have any queries please contact the customer service team on 01 8708 111 (opening hours 09:00 to 18:00 ) to report the issue or email custserv@one4all.ie.
    Please do not use the 'Back' Button. Please click here to try your order again."

There's 80 euro credit in this card so the money is there :)

I suspect maybe the issue is because its a card I got from work or they are exact on the name.

I tried using my own name while putting in the card details but no luck. Are they exact on the name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Yep, I got one, and it's good. A nice upgrade even from the Air 2. The bigger screen is nicer, the faster refresh rate makes for seriously smooth scrolling, and the whole thing is just quicker. Very happy with it.

Advertisement