Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best place to get a 3 in 1 in south dublin?

Options
  • 26-05-2017 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

Quick question

I'm a northsider living on the southside.
    Can anyone tell me where is the best chinese takeaway in south dublin?
    I've an awful craving for a 3 in 1

G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Oh my gosh. This is what happens when you take an animal out of its natural habitat. You won't get one of those things this side of the Liffey anyway. You need to go back to where you belong.

Just kidding. What part of the south side?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Oh my gosh. This is what happens when you take an animal out of its natural habitat. You won't get one of those things this side of the Liffey anyway. You need to go back to where you belong.

Ah heiore....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

If you're near Stepaside or Sandyford I know of two places.

If you're near Stepaside or Sandyford I know of two places.

In ballyboden but prepared to travel for an absolutely amazing 3 in 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

I've been craving a 3 in 1 for the last two weeks and haven't got one yet. What the fook is wrong with me!

I'm going into the Chinese tomorrow with a bucket and telling them to fill it with curry, rice and chips!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Taiping in churchtown is always good and not too far from ballyboden

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Taiping in churchtown is always good and not too far from ballyboden

3in1 team!!!!!!
    ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I don't even know what a 3 in 1 is !! - I thought it was oil :rolleyes:

Had one last night for the first time in ages and it was gorgeous.

What is it about a 3 in 1 that makes it a lot nicer than combining the chips, rice and curry yourself..

Had one last night for the first time in ages and it was gorgeous.

What is it about a 3 in 1 that makes it a lot nicer than combining the chips, rice and curry yourself..

3 simple little letters....
    M
    S
    G
    :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The Wok Inn in Tallaght is very nice.

grahambo wrote:
    3 simple little letters.... M S G

I meant buying the chips, rice and curry sauce separately from the Chinese and combining them yourself, its nowhere near as nice as a 3 in 1.

Must be the soakage of the curry sauce into the chips and rice during delivery

I meant buying the chips, rice and curry sauce separately from the Chinese and combining them yourself, its nowhere near as nice as a 3 in 1.

Soakage is an exceptionally important factor!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It would be, it soaks and "sweats" in the enclosed tray. So you can replicate this at home by sticking in a bowl and covering it with a plate.

I do this to replicate chipper chips & burgers. If you cook a burger and make it up still hot and wrap it or cover it then it steams the bun. Some fancy burger & hotdog places will steam their buns, it warms them and makes them more pliable. I prefer chipper chips which have been let "sweat" for ages, they continue cooking and getting soft, they can stay warm for ages as there is so much energy contained in them as they are so thick, while mcdonalds chips go cold in a minute.

With a 3 in 1 the sauce is probably most important/distinct between takeaways. So if you find a good place but it is far away you migth be able to buy a large curry sauce (often not on the menu) and bring it home and freeze it or stick in the fridge. Then you can go to the bog standard local place and get fried rice & chips and make your own. I make curry chips with sauce from the chinese and chips from the italian chipper, best of both worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Rice, chips and curry sauce?

Is that food or what's generally leftover at the end of the night. No protein, no vegetables?

rubadub wrote:
    With a 3 in 1 the sauce is probably most important/distinct between takeaways. So if you find a good place but it is far away you migth be able to buy a large curry sauce (often not on the menu) and bring it home and freeze it or stick in the fridge. Then you can go to the bog standard local place and get fried rice & chips and make your own. I make curry chips with sauce from the chinese and chips from the italian chipper, best of both worlds.

Yeah I agree, Chinese curry sauce and fried rice and chips from the chipper with loads of salt and vinegar, mix them all together, gorgeous!

Marcusm wrote:
    Rice, chips and curry sauce?

Marcusm wrote:
    Is that food or what's generally leftover at the end of the night. No protein, no vegetables?

Potato - vegetable
    Rice - source of protein
    Egg (in the rice) - protein
    Peas (in the rice) - vegetable
    Curry sauce - pure ****e but delightful stuff

Advertisement