Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Section 42

Options
  • 26-05-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Seems a lot of sections granted this year and numbers to be culled seemed to have increased

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

how do you no this where is the information obtained

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Tommyaya4

daithi55 wrote: »
    how do you no this where is the information obtained

Just local we all have ours back no problems and all have had increases in the numbers we can shoot it may not be country wide may be just local to us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I think locality is a big thing and may I dare the ranger/s involved and the degree of determination of the landowner to get it passed.

We've a large cull number on a relatively small area but it's smack bang in the middle of a high density location for deer. There's no problem obtaining the sections and renewing them as they expire. I've even seen sections for hinds in the beginning of the deer season to accommodate the cull.

But move more northerly to where the big red lads frequent, now that's another story. A struggle to get the section, ridiculous cull figure ie shoot one, scare the rest, by the way that was for 3 1/2 months and absolutely no lamp even though the animals where nocturnal. Definitely felt that the power to be didn't hold with hunting.

Same issue the following year and then no response after that. Landowner didn't push it, contrary to the other lads I shoot for, who hammered at the door so to speak and got what they wanted.

There's a lot of talk about the TB again but I've heard that forestry groups are coming under pressure from the farmers for not doing their part in keeping numbers down. So there may be a bit of interdepartment collusion reference deer culling.:confused:

Advertisement