Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue Screen Help - Toshiba Satellite L50 - "boot configuration data missing"

• 27-05-2017 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I've been having trouble with a laptop I bought 2 or 3 years ago. It went to blue screen about six months ago and I have left it like that as I have a work computer. I'm hoping I can repair it now. I live abroad so if I can fix it myself, I'll do that. If not, I'll take it to a repair shop. 
    The message I'm getting is:
    The boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors.

File:\EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\BCD

Error code: 0xc0000185

You’ll need to use recovery tools. If you don’t have any installation media (like a disc or USB device)contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer.
    I'm not the best at computer repair... When I go to the Toshiba site to try to download new drivers it said that they stopped offering that option as of March 31st, 2017. 
    Any advice or ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Try taking out the ram and put it in again, then restart your laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SpatialPlanning

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that now but no luck. Same blue screen with the same message. Any other ideas on what I might be able to do?

Advertisement