Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe advice

Options
  • 27-05-2017 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Need some advice and/or opinions on a foot problem

I've been getting this recurrent pain in my left foot on longer rides. It starts out as a tingling sensation in my little toe that spreads to the rest of the toes and then numbness followed by a sharp pain in my fore foot. The only way to relieve this is to stop and take my shoe off and let the blood flow round. I'm pretty sure my shoes are too tight ie too narrow and they're pinching the nerve or blood flow off. I've loosened the bottom velcro strap off to give me more room in the shoe but it hasn't helped much. I guess I need new shoes that are wider fitting.

Before I do this,is there any other possible cause? If I need new shoes, what would you recommend for a wide foot? Btw it's road shoes I'm talking about. I've also had the cleat alignment checked so that's not the cause.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,787 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I have wide feet and use Northwave shoes, started with the Jet Evo model and now Phantom Carbon shoe and have found them great and true to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I've wide feet as well and am a Northwave man too. Bont shoes are meant to be good for flipper feet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I had a similar problem with new mavic shoes and loads of posts on other forums about cleat placement and angles. Worth googling it and reading up. Basically if you have the cleat in the wrong position you can be putting weight on the outside of your foot every rotation and building pressure against the part of your foot that is sore.

That and loosening off the boa closure solved by problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Thanks guys. I'll look at the northwave shoes. Btw I had the cleat alignment checked and it was spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Guys. Having trouble tracking down a place that sells Northwave shoes. Chain reaction appear to be running down stock and wiggle has a poor selection. Anyone else worth trying? Btw, I'm a 9 in regular shoes. What would that be in a Northwave? My Spiuks are a 45 and they're too tight fitting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement