Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is a Tripod allowed in carry on luggage?

• 27-05-2017 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anyone had luck or misfortune bringing a tripod on hols with them.
    Cork Airport if that matters.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I brought one with me as carry-on less than three weeks ago (international flight) and didn't have any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Emoyeni

Thanks for the quick reply.
    This is good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It can vary. Depends on the airline and their policies. Have heard of people being stopped but I have carried a monopod in hand luggage quite a few times.

best thing is to look at the policies for the airline online then print that out. If it's not clear then call them to ask. Get the name of the person who you speak to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Brought a tripod in hand luggage through belfast.Apart from having to open the case there was no issue.

Advertisement