Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of finishing house?

Options
  • 27-05-2017 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Looking at a 3,200 sq ft house for sale. It's timber framed inside but plastered and finished outside with roof, windows etc..

Inside its just a bare shell. Would need plumbing, wiring, plastering, staircase, flooring, rads, internal doors, tiling, sanitary ware, kitchen etc...

I know, I know, how long is a piece of string but looking for some guidance as to a ballpark estimate of how much it would cost to bring this house to completion.

House is in West of Ireland and we'd be looking to get it done on somewhat of a budget i.e. IKEA Kitchen, B&Q flooring, right price tiles etc, not looking for solid granite worktops or solid wood flooring throughout etc..

We wouldn't be using a contractor to get the work done, rather we'd get it done piece by piece in order to save on costs.

Would we get much done for €100,000? Am I naive in thinking that should get the house fit to live in or am I way off?

Any feedback greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

hard to know for sure. too many variables.

is there a septic tank , percolation ,

is there a water connection

is there any heating at all, ie burner, tank

is the first fix plumbing and electrical done

how many bathrooms,

esb connection
    electrical certification for esb connection

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭893bet

100k would go a long way if you compromise on budget at certain points.

Like previous poster though, esb, water, percolation, rain water, council contributions etc. Could add significant cost.

Advertisement